Reversing ability

Bascule

Reaction score
Scary that we share the road with people who are fundamentally not in control of their vehicles.

Compulsory re-tests every 5 years, (while bound to have some flaws and loopholes), would remove a significant percentage of these dangerous losers, and encourage others to put the effort in to raise the driving standard. We all see these people on a daily basis - and its our lives they risk, not just their own, with their incompetence.

Seen lots of scary footage showing dubious ability - but I think the woman in this link has to win some sort of award - like the right to never set foot in a car again..

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=1292

WTF, no ******* way, does she not know the steering wheel turns the other way or something? damn that was soo annoying to watch. I feel sorry for the parked car that got hit several times, good thing there was a camera to see it all happen, Min 10year ban imo

Yes... I have to agree Reversing is a fine art... and if you've not mastered it by now... well...:sadlike:

I once watched an Old Fart reverse his car back and forth into a space.. except when he realized that the space wasn't for him...he made sure it was by nudging both front and rear cars so that the space became bigger for him to fit. Worse still, he got out the car and locked it, looked around to see if anyone was watching, saw me across the road watching, shrugged and walked off about his business.... and this was outside a local hospital!:wtf:

women have this thing about being able to multitask, its odd then that they cant travel backwards and still work the steering wheel at the same time.:think:

My girlfriend is hilarious when parking, its hard to explain but rather than pulling in and locking the wheel to the relevant side, she likes to drive in diagonally, then reverse out a bit and then in straight(ish).

I dread to think what she would do if she tried to reverse into a space.

Mind u im not innocent either, fairly recently while pulling out of a space, and on my phone not actually concentrating or looking right i basically drove straight into the car infront lol

Thankfully the woman didnt want me to have her bumper sprayed as the mark was tiny, not sure id have been so kind had it been the other way round

You wanna come down my yard and see some of my customers attempt to reverse caravans, it's hilarious. Most of em struggle reversing up to the ****** things. All joking aside though it is ******* dangerous, there should be specific tests which relate to towing.