Driving in fog......(rant)

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
This has got to be some of the most annoying things.....driving two foot away from your rear with fogs on! why do they be safety minded with the lights then be an **** with their driving?
And why do people not even bother with lights in fog ***.I've seen loads doing it even though its a pea souper

The First one is easy to answer...

1/ Comfort factor, "If I can see you and where you're going then I'm Safe" NOT!!

2/ Because it DOESN'T look as trendy as it does during daytime/night time therefore are unneeded... plus If I'm that close to you in front, why should I have them on in the first place!

I have to concur that it IS bad Driving and inconsiderate of the person behind to drive in said manner and play with other peoples lives rather than just his own!

I'm sure if you look hard enough on the net, I'm sure you'll find the accident photos that highlights it all, whereby the rear vehicle was doing as we discussed, following the vehicle in front , only the vehicle in front didn't see where the road went and left the road into a ditch and the second vehicle landed on top of the first...:wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink: :sadlike: :sadlike: :sadlike: :sadlike:

two.jpg

Now show me....... hang on wrong thread!

People are morons end of story.
They see "Fog" signs on the motorway they put their fog lights on.
By virtue of the fact they can see the "Fog" sign from half a mile away means it isn't necessary to put their fog lights on. Fog lights should only be used when visibility is so bad rear tail lights cannot be seen clearly from 100 metres, i.e. very bad fog.
But, oh no, if we need to be told it's foggy on the motorway we are obviously not to be trusted with using anything approaching common sense, so on come the blinding fog lights that you then have to sit behind for the next 10 miles, degrading your night vision and making brake lights less visible. I was on the motorway for 5 hours on Thursday and 70% of drivers had their fog lights on for no reason. I started flashing my fogs at people which only caused the other 30% to put theirs on.
As for the morons driving around last week with no lights on at 5pm, well words fail me, they obviously need to be taken out of the food chain by an HGV as quickly as possible, preferably without causing any hold ups to other road users.

AndyMac said:
they obviously need to be taken out of the food chain by an HGV as quickly as possible, preferably without causing any hold ups to other road users.

Would that then make them eligible for a Darwin Award?