POT HOLES

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
DONT U JUST HATE EM! IM SUCH A MOANER HEY. LOL IN LEICESTER THEY SEEM TO BE **** LOADS AROUND. HATE THE SOUND WHEN MY A4 GOES OVER THEM. :motz:

Leicester?, you need to get out a bit more, it's the whole of the UK that has Potholed roads! IT'S A FACT!!

Reactions: Crazyfool
true jojo. i do go out often mate! its just some places where i go seem to be ok. its all on the councils budget hey n how they wanna spend there money. do they actually do any damage to the car if u go over them at a stedy 30mph?

I hit a pothole when in my old 306, back in the mists of time, and it actually knackered one of the ABS sensors. £80 to repair, would the council give me any sort of compensation?

Can you guess? :sob:

Ohh man there's the worst pot hole around the corner from my house, realised it was there when I drove right into it, Feck me did it slam the car (might of done some damage) and they've "supposidly" fixed it already but it's getting bigger by the day :banghead:

Oh yeah, that's always nice when they get some cowboys to do an emergency repair on the pothole and it reverts back to being the Grand Canyon just as you've gotten used to being able to drive over it. Grrrr....

There was a legal case a number of years ago. Mention the 'Glasgow Inch' in your letter to the council, the'll sh*t themselves, get you some cash and fill the pothole sharpish

DIPS_A4 said:
DONT U JUST HATE EM! IM SUCH A MOANER HEY. LOL IN LEICESTER THEY SEEM TO BE **** LOADS AROUND. HATE THE SOUND WHEN MY A4 GOES OVER THEM. :motz:

if u think thats bad, you haven't driven in sheffield city centre yet......

Noticed the last post here was in 2006 and so needs a little re-visit me thinks.

Here in Staffordshire a number of pot-holes are now being filled, or should I say OVER-filled; so instead of the frequent 'swerve' to avoid the pot-hole it's now a frequent swerve to avoid the darn repair...
:racer:

Potholes suck! agreed,
I have 2 choices on my daily drive. Realy tight country lanes where people feel the need to be too far over and bully you into the bushes or a road that's wide but filled with potholes.

I take potholes over any risk to paintwork damage lol but i have gotten good at menovering around them now

Most Councils in the UK have become wise, and in an effort to spend less money, their onto a win/win, when they don't spend money fixing pot holes they don't need to spend money on speed ramps.
Seriously badger your Councils with every claim you can, enough people complaining may change attitudes and get things done.

Get the frickin' prisoners to fix them...chain-gang stlye! Or those doing community service for beating up old ladies!

Reactions: Ghost