"Feckers" that must run up...

28v6

...the outside of you on a motorway and cut across you to get off at the next junction either with or without an indicator, not only is there no one behind you for 5-800 yards to a mile or more but they cut you up and the firts manoevre once in front of you ... You DAB THE BRAKES!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!

My Advice: If you wanna kill yourself then do it else where and not in my vacinity, cos if you do have an accident near to where you've done such an unsafe manoevre I'll be the first out the car to congratulate you for being an A$$ and driving like a ****!! :haudrauf: :rtfm: :aggressive: :asskicking:

You shouldn't be hogging the middle lane then!
I do this to everyone who is so brain dead that they feel it beneath them to use the inside lane as it may mean they need to actually perform a manoevour whilst on the motorway.

Yeah, you said it , obviously "a world of your own" explains your attitude ...as I was on a dual carriageway on the inside lane waiting to turn off at the next slip road NOT as you surmise IN THE MIDDLE LANE!! , when someone like you can't wait to come off on the slip road, so you have to overtake just one position, putting both me and the car in front at risk as you squeeze yourself in ...for the sake of one position, one cars length??? Get real, theres nothing at my back for Ohhhhh say 500 - 800 yards but you'd rather put me and another driver at risk by "shoehorning" yourself into a gap that doesn't exist..hardly clever, and also not how you were taught to drive either!

Ummm maybe you should have explained yourself a wee bit better. I'm not used to motorways where there would be room to actually perform the manoevour you describe, so assumed you were in the middle lane. You did not say you were coming off at the junction with the idiot who cut you up.

How I was taught to drive bears no relation to good safe driving, just purely how to pass a completely out of date test. I seem to remember specifically not being allowed on the motorway so maybe that's the problem!

In your defense, I have to confess it is a bit of an unusual situation, afterall the road name IS the M8 so you would think that it would have three lanes, however, where I was, it narrows to two lanes and becomes a dual carriageway and has various slip roads on this section, however what happened above was as you correctly say "unsafe" driving and could result in an accident..

As to the topic of how were you taught to drive I have no idea as I wasn't there so I can't comment on how you drive, however I can recall during my test that if you wish to leave the motorway its mirror, signal, manoevre and you move over, when the way or lane is clear, not when the are cars in line waiting to move off the motorway, nor do you blatantly drift across the car behind you in an attempt to "Get In Lane" afterall, in my case, I had begun to Indicate well in advance that I was going off at the next junction and there was nothing behind me for 500-800 yards, so the logical step was to fall in behind and pull over safely ....except it didn't happen instead I was over taken, the car in front had already began to decrease speed so the gap in between was also decreasing but still this ""****" wants in, in an everdecreasing space... the highway code states that you shoudn't commit to a manoevre that endangers others or causes the other party to slow or take evassive action...(According to Plod "its only for guidelines and isn't exact - so I'm informed, Brother in law's a plod!).. so maybe you've forgotten a little, I don't know as I've never been in the car with you so I can't say and refuse to do so either.. what I can say is that its a stupid and unsafe manoevre to carry out and out of curiosity what would happen "if" i connect with your rear end (ooooeer Missus) all because you've cut in, whose at fault?? surely you can't adopt the last in line ruling because up until then all was safe until "****" bullies his way in.. incidentally I had it also on the M6 at Carlisle/A69 whereby "she" nearly missed her turn off, so bullied she way in then waved as she tore off into the distance.. Arrrggghh!! Whats yer thought now...??:uhm: :sm4:

Well thanks for the lecture on the highway code, but I was referring to how me and the 28 million other drivers are taught to drive, (not just specifically me). It was a generic comment on the national joke that is the UK driving test. i.e. Most of drivers miles will be clocked up on motorways yet this is not deemed an important enough aspect of modern driving to actually warrant would be drivers practice or be tested on. Just one of the many flaws in the current system.
My comments were purely based on people who hog the middle lane, which then results in me having to cross 3 lanes of motorway to overtake them and then another 3 lanes to return to the correct inside lane, if I am to avoid a highway code violation by undertaking them (which I am also regularly forced to do when the situation demands it).
You weren't hogging the middle lane so the whole argument is academic. I don't think I've ever performed the manoevour you describe, which does sound a slightly mad thing to try and pull off. All I'm saying is that it is just one of many hugely dangerous and sadly common behaviours we see daily on UK roads which go unpenalised and unmonitored by the police, who's focus is misguidedly placed solely on speeding even though it only actually accounts for around 8% of accidents. Even if we irradicate it completely which will never happen, then we'll still be left with over 90% of the other causes to deal with. As we hand over more & more power to indescriminant technology to police our roads we ultimatley deplete police numbers so driving standards will get worse and the uninsured, unregistered, ****** up assholes will be the ones ultimately laughing, along with hugely incompetant drivers who think they're safe drivers because they have a clean licence.
Sorry, this is the rant section isn't it?

Errr ...Yes, I think this is the "Rant & Raves" section but can you summarise your point down to "bullet point" sentences as I'm lost as to your relevance and the fact the I was cut up by an unsafe manoevre?:readit: :think: :uhm:

Defratos said:
lol, I hate drivers like that. Some kid did the same thing to me yesterday, just cut up right infront of me, it's ok I stayed right up his **** :beerchug:

I hate them drivers too, but following so close to the vehicle in front is foolish, not just talking from a safety point of view, but think of the stonechips you are getting on you front bumper and bonnet! :banghead: :racer:

"I'm lost as to your relevance and the fact the I was cut up by an unsafe manoevre?"
Is English your first language?
OK
What you experienced is indicative of the horrendously low driving standards in this country, next.....
Or maybe you want "well at least you weren't hurt, if you got his number you could report him to matron"

Sorry, what sort of response did you want?

Yeah ...obviously English is your first language... Thanks for the summary, helps alot... and I kinda like your generous nature " me and the 28 million other drivers out there..." nice of you to stand up for them as well....

"Or maybe you want "well at least you weren't hurt, if you got his number you could report him to matron"

Definately not of this Planet ... what kinda "patter is that", nothing remotely to do with the conversation of dangerous driving, bullying your way into a non existant space etc etc..... You're doin' a fine job and you get my thumbs up for trying...:thumbsup:

Keep at it, you'll get it one day... :icon_thumright: