That damn friggin' advert "sheila's wheels"

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
:mad: This advert is allways on I dont even know what their advertising I dont even think Iv ever sat and watched it, but I know the damn song "for girls you like to blah, blah blah... something, something, something feels.. come along to Sheila's wheeeeeels.." no feck off.

And the ad with that fat geordie "brand new customers only"
Cant believe they have based a whole ad campaign on that smug cnut.. any ad with Jamie Oliver, and the damn Halifax ads with the funny looking Brummie bank manager....
grrrrr oh the hilarity he is really a bank manager, he is brummie and black and cant sing or dance..
:idea: I know lets do ads with him singing and dancing!:meeting:

:mad:

Silver, i found this for you...

For ladies who insure their cars,
Sheilas' Wheels are superstars,
Girls are bored beyond endurance,
Payin' too much for car insurance,
For bonzer car insurance deals,
Girls get onto Sheilas' Wheels.
Women make the safest drivers,
We could save a bunch of fivers,

Can't deny it's catchy though can ya? ;)

It's made the company a household name instantly after coming from nowhere.

TDI-line said:
We could save a bunch of fivers....

Whoever wrote this deserves some kind of award

agreed...... doing exactly what adverts are supposed to do... how many of us now know (if you didnt already) that you should check out sheilas wheels for womens car insurance? Even manged to get a random post on an audi forum!

Anyone noticed that the background movie in the advert is going backwards? Or is it meant to be, to give it the impression of a low cost ad designed by buffoons?

Its hell every time i see it, not only because the damn tune is stuck in my head for hours!!

He he, the cut and paste king returns. :sly:

And one more time....

For ladies who insure their cars,
Sheilas' Wheels are superstars,
Girls are bored beyond endurance,
Payin' too much for car insurance,
We could save a bunch of fivers,

yous wont belive it i was in the halifax bank branch thingy and they had all these shelia wheels insurance leaflets lyin on the desk, anyway i was waitin for the burd behind the counter to serve/help me so started readin it and i got half way down the second page and it said we also insure your handbag omg i laughed so hard i even asked the chick if so had her handbag insured by shelia wheels

just thought i'd share it with you guys (incase yous wanted your handbags insured)

:biggrin:

Yeah what a crap ad. And what the hell is going on with the RAC advert too? "With only 35,000 policies left...". ONLY 35,000? That still seems a lot, and what company would try to RESTRICT the policies it sells? Ridiculous.

jojo said:
Lets be honest here, crap and cheesy ads stick in our minds, and if we remember them, they have done a good job right?
Only if you remember the company behind it! It's no good recalling a good or bad advert if you don't know who it stands for!

TDI-line said:
Anyone seen the Diamond advert....
Yeah, clearly a take on Sheila's Wheels. I preferred Diamond's previous ads because it featured that very pretty young lady in them ... ;)

I was in Buffalo Joes in Glasglow last night (classy place for those that know it) and the DJ played that FEKIN SHIELA'S WHEELS tune!

WTF is all that about?

Almost spat my beer over some of the 'cattle' in there when it came on.....

Hey come on guys at they are offering "bonzer car insurance deals"! :laugh:

I'm going to apologise for opening this thread up again but I couldn't resist posting this link :sorry: . I know it's going to offend some members of the forum so I'm now going to go into hiding for a few days...:bye:

alternative sheila's wheels tune

I like the Sheila's wheels ad because folks here actually think we use the 1950's vintage colloquilaism "bonzer" in everyday language.
If I hear anyone use "sheila" back home, even in an email, I'll let you know. You could be waiting quite some time....

I'm a girlie..and this still mad me laugh!... I hate that advert song!
:applaus:

Sheila's Wheels

Fellas, aren't you glad you're not a woman
You're not a Sheila, you're a Peter or a Clive
Because their lack of spatial awareness
Makes them really f***ing careless
You should never ever let a woman drive

When a girl is sitting at the wheel
You're gonna hear the crunch of steel
There's a very real danger
That she'll crash into a stranger
If you want to leave the car alive