JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

This really pi$$es me off!

These wheels and tyres are for sale on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So, I contact the seller asking how many millimetres of tread the rear tyres have got on them. His answer is "I'm not sure, how about I send you a photo?"

I say a photo is not much use, I'd rather he just measure them and tell me. After all, it's not difficult, and I like to know what it is I'm thinking of buying.

His reply is "They've got a fair bit of tread. Measuring them isn't easy if you have got the tool to do it".

WTF is wrong with people?!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Your so not wrong!!!!! Ebay great for finding some hard to get items, BUT its getting so full up of shafters and muppets either selling duff goods misleading descriptions trying to pass off hookie stuff I'am now very wary of bidding on stuff......... Ebay dont seem too interested when you have a problem either!!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I know exactly what you mean, I've sold 3 sets of alloys on ebay, always get asked how much tread there is, so I give a wild guess is mm's - simple! I usually say how much tread there is now in the description and generally be as accurate as possible, which is why I have 100% feedback

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    I know exactly what you mean, I've sold 3 sets of alloys on ebay, always get asked how much tread there is, so I give a wild guess is mm's - simple! I usually say how much tread there is now in the description and generally be as accurate as possible, which is why I have 100% feedback
    Same here. I sold my old 16" Sportback SE wheels but used a proper tread measuring tool to accurately say how much tread remained on each tyre. I took a picture of all four wheels together, four more of each wheel and then all four side-by-side so the tread was visible. Like you I have 100% feedback.

The key thing when selling items on eBay is to go overboard with the description. One liners just aren't enough - the more detail you provide, and I really do mean chapter and verse here (history of the item, why you're selling it etc.) - the more bids and trust you will attract.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink