Deliveries!!

Peloton

Reaction score
Ok since I posted to support this new forum I'll contribute to getting some threads in it!!

:motz:
Why can't deliveries be made after working hours?!?! Loads of places work backshifts & nightshifts but not delivery drivers!! Even though no f***er is at home when they try & deliver because most people have to work regular 9-5ish shifts!!
Example: I ordered a set of wheels last week as some people may have noticed, they were supposed to arrive on WEDNESDAY at some random time between 8 in the morning & 6 at night!! So because I was working, I got my brother to come & stay at mine so he could collect the delivery. I get a phone call at around half 4 from my bro saying "what's the story Scott, these have still not arrived, there's a power cut & I'm bored out my skull". I proceed to tell him that they can be delivered up until 6 so please stay. When I get home, still no wheels, so I look through the mail & low & behold, there's the delivery note sitting in with the mail. My bro has slept through the door bell (assuming the guy has even knocked on the door) & then waited in on these things arriving for the rest of the day.
Now granted: My bro's a lazy **** **** that needs to stop smoking as much weed so he can get up/notice delivery notes, but now because I was forced to rely on other people for deliveries I've had to take a much money generating Saturday off my work to go collect these wheels, oh yeah, that'll be because they don't deliver on weekends either!! :motz:

I would personally blame your brother(joke) lol, but agreed, if deliveries was made at odd hours, life would be easier, but we live in the part of the world where normal working hours are 9-5...

I did blame my brother! lol now the damn fitting kit is missing from the set of wheels!!! i.e. no locking nut for the strange bolts & no flush valve adapter! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH :keule:

do what i do get the stuff delivered to your work ...somebody is here from 7am till 6pm and on Functions till 1-2am the next day so no missing it and for some reason if you have a business address you get the item at a more sensible time

My 2 pence worth

I'll go back to sleep now oh no i cant i am at work........:keule:

And why when you order something recorded delivery, why do they live the parcel on the doorstep! :mad:

Rev-head said:
do what i do get the stuff delivered to your work ...somebody is here from 7am till 6pm and on Functions till 1-2am the next day so no missing it and for some reason if you have a business address you get the item at a more sensible time

My 2 pence worth

I'll go back to sleep now oh no i cant i am at work........:keule:

I would if I worked at a regular place but I work on building sites so they'd probably accidentally fall into some other theiving ******** van before I even seen them. Good idea though.

depends on whos delivering but sh*ttylink (oh sorry, citylink) are physically incapable to deliver to my flat.

they always bring out the old, well we left you a note story, no they didnt, they always see the door of the block of flats, think to themselves, christ im not walking up the stairs and walk away..

..usually leaving me fuming as a couple of times i've ordered pc stuff for someone else, tight deadline and kit's not arrived leaving me to apologise :/

Most delivery companies will have your stuff delivered to one of their loading depots and you can collect it from there, all you need to do is find out where your nearest one is and then pop over there in your lunch break (providing you get one) and pick it up.

Agree with the comment on flats though, even the Dominos guy wouldn't ever actually make it to my front door, I always had to meet them in the parking lot.

Ok so all the delivery companies change the hours they deliver. They now deliver the majority of their cargo during working hours and then employ more drivers to do private residences deliveries during the evening.

We all happy right? Well no not really, this will put the cost of having stuff delivered up. Then we will moan that we want to go out in the eveing but we can't because we are waiting in for a delivery - it's no win situation if you ask me.

J.

skanky said:
depends on whos delivering but sh*ttylink (oh sorry, citylink) are physically incapable to deliver to my flat.

:/

Yesterday they were incapable of delivering a package to my office at 5:20pm.
That'll be an office that has 24 hour reception and I was sat at my desk at that time.

Seems they went to the deliveries door and no no-one answered.
Obviously they didn't spot the large entrance door and reception desk in the building. :haudrauf:

So glad I paid the extra for next day delivery......

marshalld said:
Yesterday they were incapable of delivering a package to my office at 5:20pm.
That'll be an office that has 24 hour reception and I was sat at my desk at that time.

Seems they went to the deliveries door and no no-one answered.
Obviously they didn't spot the large entrance door and reception desk in the building. :haudrauf:

So glad I paid the extra for next day delivery......

To be fair, though - if you have a "deliveries" door, where would you expect them to go? I've seen a lot of companies who give delivery drivers an undeserved amount of stick if they deliver into the reception area. These guys are on a tight schedule, and if they spend an extra 10 mins per delivery trying different doors they would not get anything done in a day....

what gets me is when citylink LIE OUT OF THEIR ***** and have the cheek to say they attempted a delivery, even when you have someone at home all day.

who am i going to believe, family member or crap delivery company who have screwed it up everytime? hmm, let me think about that for a SPLIT SECOND WHILE I PULL OUT MY SHOTGUN AND DRIVE TO THEIR DEPOT!

dominos are good for me, they've always come up to my actual door and never made me come down to the main door :)

OutLore said:
To be fair, though - if you have a "deliveries" door, where would you expect them to go?

I'm amazed anyone can find the deliveries door at our place.
It's on a different side of the building, and just has an intercom and small notice.

Whereas the reception is a vision of Company signs and glass.

I blame the fact that out post room/deliveries staff pack up before 5:30 (hence no answer at the deliveries door) on the 'genius' that decided to outsource it all.....

But outsourcing is a topic for a whole new rant :gun2:

umm del problems i deal with these at work, good ol exel! actually next home deliverys (exel) aint 2 bad i tink. best delivery is city link i get all my supplement orders delivered from them.

I must say, I had something delivered by citylink last week. They tried to deliver it about half an hour before I got home and left me a note. I rang up the depot, and they came back there and then to deliver it!
I must be special! ;)

OutLore said:
Most delivery companies will have your stuff delivered to one of their loading depots and you can collect it from there, all you need to do is find out where your nearest one is and then pop over there in your lunch break (providing you get one) and pick it up..

...yeh not good when the nearest depot is in Belvedere (kent) and your office is in London Bridge :keule:

Won an A3 grill on ebay, got home to find a note that I need to call up either to re arrange the delivery or come and pick it up... only problem is they close at 5pm and they dont deliver after 3pm.. and I dont get home till after 6pm :banghead:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

filipharvey said:
I must say, I had something delivered by citylink last week. They tried to deliver it about half an hour before I got home and left me a note. I rang up the depot, and they came back there and then to deliver it!
I must be special! ;)

I had a new PC delivered yesterday by TNT. I was at work at 8:30 when they tried the first time, so they left a card with the depot number on. When my wife got home at 5, she rang them and they delivered the PC at 6, fantastic service, well done TNT.