EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: Deliveries!!

2nd Gear

Status

Deliveries!!

Ok since I posted to support this new forum I'll contribute to getting some threads in it!!

Why can't deliveries be made after working hours?!?! Loads of places work backshifts & nightshifts but not delivery drivers!! Even though no f***er is at home when they try & deliver because most people have to work regular 9-5ish shifts!!
    Example: I ordered a set of wheels last week as some people may have noticed, they were supposed to arrive on WEDNESDAY at some random time between 8 in the morning & 6 at night!! So because I was working, I got my brother to come & stay at mine so he could collect the delivery. I get a phone call at around half 4 from my bro saying "what's the story Scott, these have still not arrived, there's a power cut & I'm bored out my skull". I proceed to tell him that they can be delivered up until 6 so please stay. When I get home, still no wheels, so I look through the mail & low & behold, there's the delivery note sitting in with the mail. My bro has slept through the door bell (assuming the guy has even knocked on the door) & then waited in on these things arriving for the rest of the day.
    Now granted: My bro's a lazy arse **** that needs to stop smoking as much weed so he can get up/notice delivery notes, but now because I was forced to rely on other people for deliveries I've had to take a much money generating Saturday off my work to go collect these wheels, oh yeah, that'll be because they don't deliver on weekends either!!
    2000 Audi S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I would personally blame your brother(joke) lol, but agreed, if deliveries was made at odd hours, life would be easier, but we live in the part of the world where normal working hours are 9-5...

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status
    I did blame my brother! lol now the damn fitting kit is missing from the set of wheels!!! i.e. no locking nut for the strange bolts & no flush valve adapter! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH
    2000 Audi S3

6th Gear

Status
    do what i do get the stuff delivered to your work ...somebody is here from 7am till 6pm and on Functions till 1-2am the next day so no missing it and for some reason if you have a business address you get the item at a more sensible time

My 2 pence worth

I'll go back to sleep now oh no i cant i am at work........
    Urq RR
    S2 Coupe...RS2 +
    S2 Avant (slipper wagon spec)
    A4 AVANT TDI

Big Ron

Status
    Good rant

Uber Post Whore

Status
    And why when you order something recorded delivery, why do they live the parcel on the doorstep!

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-head
    do what i do get the stuff delivered to your work ...somebody is here from 7am till 6pm and on Functions till 1-2am the next day so no missing it and for some reason if you have a business address you get the item at a more sensible time

My 2 pence worth

I'll go back to sleep now oh no i cant i am at work........
    I would if I worked at a regular place but I work on building sites so they'd probably accidentally fall into some other theiving *******s van before I even seen them. Good idea though.
    2000 Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    depends on whos delivering but sh*ttylink (oh sorry, citylink) are physically incapable to deliver to my flat.

they always bring out the old, well we left you a note story, no they didnt, they always see the door of the block of flats, think to themselves, christ im not walking up the stairs and walk away..

..usually leaving me fuming as a couple of times i've ordered pc stuff for someone else, tight deadline and kit's not arrived leaving me to apologise :/

VOIP Dude

Status
    Most delivery companies will have your stuff delivered to one of their loading depots and you can collect it from there, all you need to do is find out where your nearest one is and then pop over there in your lunch break (providing you get one) and pick it up.

Agree with the comment on flats though, even the Dominos guy wouldn't ever actually make it to my front door, I always had to meet them in the parking lot.
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Status
    Ok so all the delivery companies change the hours they deliver. They now deliver the majority of their cargo during working hours and then employ more drivers to do private residences deliveries during the evening.

We all happy right? Well no not really, this will put the cost of having stuff delivered up. Then we will moan that we want to go out in the eveing but we can't because we are waiting in for a delivery - it's no win situation if you ask me.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

aka dazzler

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by skanky
    depends on whos delivering but sh*ttylink (oh sorry, citylink) are physically incapable to deliver to my flat.

:/
    Yesterday they were incapable of delivering a package to my office at 5:20pm.
    That'll be an office that has 24 hour reception and I was sat at my desk at that time.

Seems they went to the deliveries door and no no-one answered.
    Obviously they didn't spot the large entrance door and reception desk in the building.

So glad I paid the extra for next day delivery......

VOIP Dude

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalld
    Yesterday they were incapable of delivering a package to my office at 5:20pm.
    That'll be an office that has 24 hour reception and I was sat at my desk at that time.

Seems they went to the deliveries door and no no-one answered.
    Obviously they didn't spot the large entrance door and reception desk in the building.

So glad I paid the extra for next day delivery......
    To be fair, though - if you have a "deliveries" door, where would you expect them to go? I've seen a lot of companies who give delivery drivers an undeserved amount of stick if they deliver into the reception area. These guys are on a tight schedule, and if they spend an extra 10 mins per delivery trying different doors they would not get anything done in a day....
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

2nd Gear

Status
    what gets me is when citylink LIE OUT OF THEIR ARSES and have the cheek to say they attempted a delivery, even when you have someone at home all day.

who am i going to believe, family member or crap delivery company who have screwed it up everytime? hmm, let me think about that for a SPLIT SECOND WHILE I PULL OUT MY SHOTGUN AND DRIVE TO THEIR DEPOT!

dominos are good for me, they've always come up to my actual door and never made me come down to the main door

aka dazzler

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OutLore
    To be fair, though - if you have a "deliveries" door, where would you expect them to go?
    I'm amazed anyone can find the deliveries door at our place.
    It's on a different side of the building, and just has an intercom and small notice.

Whereas the reception is a vision of Company signs and glass.

I blame the fact that out post room/deliveries staff pack up before 5:30 (hence no answer at the deliveries door) on the 'genius' that decided to outsource it all.....

But outsourcing is a topic for a whole new rant

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

Status
    umm del problems i deal with these at work, good ol exel! actually next home deliverys (exel) aint 2 bad i tink. best delivery is city link i get all my supplement orders delivered from them.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    I must say, I had something delivered by citylink last week. They tried to deliver it about half an hour before I got home and left me a note. I rang up the depot, and they came back there and then to deliver it!
    I must be special!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

Big Ron

Status

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by OutLore
    Most delivery companies will have your stuff delivered to one of their loading depots and you can collect it from there, all you need to do is find out where your nearest one is and then pop over there in your lunch break (providing you get one) and pick it up..
    ...yeh not good when the nearest depot is in Belvedere (kent) and your office is in London Bridge

Won an A3 grill on ebay, got home to find a note that I need to call up either to re arrange the delivery or come and pick it up... only problem is they close at 5pm and they dont deliver after 3pm.. and I dont get home till after 6pm

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by filipharvey
    I must say, I had something delivered by citylink last week. They tried to deliver it about half an hour before I got home and left me a note. I rang up the depot, and they came back there and then to deliver it!
    I must be special!
    I had a new PC delivered yesterday by TNT. I was at work at 8:30 when they tried the first time, so they left a card with the depot number on. When my wife got home at 5, she rang them and they delivered the PC at 6, fantastic service, well done TNT.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.