Badger5JMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Dealer waiting times

A bit of a rant. Been driving bmws for 10 yrs, got fed up with the dealership incompetence and the amount of time it takes to book the car in (with a courtesy car).

Now that I moved onto Audis, the dealership experiences feels exactly the same. Waiting times are like 3 to 4 weeks to get car booked in (under warranty) and it takes a lot of complaining to get anything done.

I wonder if the German companies know how their cars are being handled here in the UK.

Rant over*#%$

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Success is like a double edge sword, they are busy for a reason, that their products are desirable, but customer service drops as a result, as they can't meet the demand which the customer requires!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Success is like a double edge sword, they are busy for a reason, that their products are desirable, but customer service drops as a result, as they can't meet the demand which the customer requires!
    I understand what you are saying. Being busy means they are successful. If the cars were not desirable then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

What I forgot to add was that many times the same problem takes 2-3 visits to sort out. And if they sort out one problem, they create another. So they are not helping the situation. I do admit since everything is under warranty, I'm not being charged. Its just the inconvenience it causes.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
    I understand what you are saying. Being busy means they are successful. If the cars were not desirable then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

What I forgot to add was that many times the same problem takes 2-3 visits to sort out. And if they sort out one problem, they create another. So they are not helping the situation. I do admit since everything is under warranty, I'm not being charged. Its just the inconvenience it causes.
    Totally know where you're coming from mate, I'm in fast food, and I've had to quote 1.5hrs+ delivery times in the past! then lose a sale because of it. Customers view is always ', I'm a regular, I spend loads at your place, can't you do it quicker etc.!?', but they don't see we are busy because we are good! Which is why you are ordering from us in the first place!

The reality is, no one customer is greater than 10 of the previous customers who ordered earlier, and are willing to wait!

RE: the takes a few visits to sort out problem. Again, I'm not prone to mistakes, I get it wrong sometimes, we're not perfect.

Not sticking up for the dealers mind, just putting my view accross for retail in general, but I do agree that for the paying customer, we should deliver a good service, not a poor one.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for your views mate. I'm just have to wait and hope its all sorted soon.