• 2 Post By voorhees
  • 1 Post By Andy1608
  • 1 Post By Andy Crooks
  • 1 Post By Lavis89
  • 3 Post By newbster
  • 1 Post By kwistof
  • 1 Post By newbster
  • 2 Post By MA3RC

Thread: What is up with people carrier/mini van drivers!?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook

What is up with people carrier/mini van drivers!?

They always seem to be hugging my bumper whilst driving around town, even if I'm nudging up above the speed limit a bit they always seem to get almost as close as possible and overtake then speed off when given the chance.
    Always seem like such angry aggressive drivers despite having god awful cars.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Tap on your brakes,that usually alerts them that they are too close
    DieselJake and davc like this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Tap on your brakes,that usually alerts them that they are too close
    Can't beat giving some one the break test. Normally works for me when I've tried it too.

5th Gear

Status
    If I'm in town and it's a single carriageway I normally put the right hand indicator on and dab the brakes. That normally works to.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    I like the brake test, someone up my arse just before Xmas did it in a country lane so I just stopped the car and sat for a few mins I had the wife in the car so she was pissing herself. I thought he might want help getting to his destination abit quicker
    dragon likes this.
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

6th Gear

Status
    Be careful about break testing people carriers, I had to brake heavily due to the car in front also braking heavily and thankfully managed to stop, however the tw@t in the people carrier behind me had to use my rear end as a brake... I fecking hate people carriers they drive up your a..e, and drive like nutters on the motorway, you would think they were driving a F1 car and not a top heavy, over weight and under-performing piece of .....

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    They are compensating for having to drive one of them and not one of our fancy cars by driving the way they do...lol

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    They try to wish they can have the same performance as our cars
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

6th Gear

Status
    I was thinking along those lines, why would any man buy a people carriers unless it was purchased by the real man of the house!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

The only reason i would buy a people carrier is when id want to pick up 4 friends to go camping watching superbikes or something.
    Saying that last year me and a mate road tripped in one, went France,Belgium,Luxembourg,Switzerland,Italy back into France and back home, Was an awesome road trip apart from been mugged in Milan lol

6th Gear

Status
    You could do that in an estate car, or large saloon. I don't understand why people think they are that big, if you have a 7 seater and it's full then you lose the small amount of boot space you have, it's why you see so many of the fecking things with roof boxes.
    Last edited by B5NUT; 13th January 2014 at 20:54.

1st Gear

Status
    Who needs a people carrier me and a mate went carp fishing in the south of France last year in my s3 I just took the back seats out then filled it full of bait and fishing tackle clothes etc for 2 people for a weeks fishing it even had enough room for a few cases of beer on the way home, I've also noticed drivers of people carriers always drive on the lines in the middle of the road as if there vehicle is 10 foot wide what's that all about
    2001 s3, stage 1 amk, nogaro blue, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, forge adjustable tie bars, Red power flex dog bone bush, Awesome heavy duty clutch, 18" nouvalari alloys, ambient lighting, tt pedals, led side lights, led number plate lights, abt number plate surrounds, badger 5 tip, jetex filter, resonated milltek cat back exhaust, bailey dv,

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    I get it almost daily whenever I'm out in the car and it's not limited to people carriers.

And they say Audi drivers are c0cks...
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |Light & Rain Sensor Pack |CH/LH Lights |RNS-E & No Highs No Lows it must be Bose |

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I would rather not brake test them, if they fail the test they'll write my car off! the insurance payment will be worthless compared to the amount of time i've invested in the car
    @udi A3 likes this.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

1st Gear

Status
    i used to get it all the time when i lived in the US, as i was driving an MX5, it was my street legal track car, so waay low. i think the yanks were offened by such a small car. on my route to work there was a road with a 30 limit and a right angle bend, literally 90 degrees. if some one was getting particularly close, i would gradually speed up to about 45 ish, the van usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

i don't think any actually span out, but the looks on thier faces when they realised what was happening and had to hit the brakes really hard was priceless.

childish, but worth it
    jojo, kwistof and Andy Crooks like this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbster View Post
    i used to get it all the time when i lived in the US, as i was driving an MX5, it was my street legal track car, so waay low. i think the yanks were offened by such a small car. on my route to work there was a road with a 30 limit and a right angle bend, literally 90 degrees. if some one was getting particularly close, i would gradually speed up to about 45 ish, the van usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

i don't think any actually span out, but the looks on thier faces when they realised what was happening and had to hit the brakes really hard was priceless.

childish, but worth it
    Love it!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    I did this once with a work mate in the car, he was a big mustang fan, squealled like a big girl when we did the bendy thing then pisssed himself laughing all the way back to the office,

he had new respect for "damn furin cars" after that
    Last edited by newbster; 24th January 2014 at 11:32. Reason: spliiling

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by newbster View Post
    usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

I do this now instead of the 'brake test' when I have something sitting on my bumper.

Just approach the corner without braking - drop her a gear and then power through (got to love quattro)

Obviously cars without 4wd never manage to keep it tidy and it tends to always wake them up a bit
    newbster likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    nice one kwistoff,

there was a huge debate on the miata forum about doing this, there were two completely opposed views, the racers, (lile me) who said F@@@k em, if they can't read the road they shouldn't be driving, and the "older" genaration who though it was highly irresponsible and dangerous to lure another car into a corner too fast.

it got shut down by the mods as it got a bit personal.

DSC04809.jpg
    anyways ,stealth race car

bits you can see
    super light alloys
    wide tyres, dunlop star spec "In the Extreme Performance Summer tire category, the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec has a strong following among driving enthusiasts, autocrossers and ..."

much lower
    roll cage just behind drivers seat

bits you can't
    LSD
    super alloy light flywheel
    ebc pads
    hi comp and reworked head
    retimed cams
    kwistof likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Another good way of getting them to back off is keep spraying your windscreen washer jet intermittently, the spray will hit their windscreen. Wait until they clear it and then do it again
    voorhees and Lavis89 like this.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

il_340x270.543546639_34wa.jpg6a00d83451616069e201538eb6cec1970b-500wi.jpg
    could always try one of these too stickers for the back of the car

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Definitely going to try the not slowing down for a corner trick and see what happens

6th Gear

Status
    And then once they have driven in your boot and put you at risk, they overtake you in an unsafe manner, and then as they speed off you see the inevitable "Child On Board" sticker.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    ^ that. the thing that prompted this was one of them hammering around a blind bend after overtaking me on a road just outside of the city, i was taking it easy due to the fact i knew there was a speed camera just around the bend, unfortunately i dont think it got him
    Last edited by Lavis89; 28th January 2014 at 06:14.

Status
    It is always an innocent person who gets hurt by these idiot drivers