Anyone else got a wife who abuses their car

chippy1970

Reaction score
Just looked at my wife's 63 plate a3 sportback and she's f!@%ing curbed both front alloys now. Grrrrrrr

I bet her answer is 'its only a car'.

Reactions: Brennan, JudderMan, fredonaudi and 5 others
I bought my wife a car so that she has no excuse to drive mine. She knows that I don't want her to drive mine and she's fine with that surprisingly.

She has a bad habit in her car where she rides the clutch while changing up gear and accelerating sometimes

I bet her answer is 'its only a car'.

That's exactly what my wife says.
"It's only a car. Why have you just spent 4 hours cleaning it, it will only get dirty again"

The other thing that really gets me is the car park tickets, she just chucks them on the floor 😡

no but i have a husband who abuses mine ;0) !!!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc and warren_S5
My ex :keule:she kerbed my week old 18's then when I looked at her she went mental like it was my fault she couldn't drive properly. Funny hhow I managed to drive the car for 4 more years without adding to the damage.

Reactions: Arrkon
my GF wont park anywhere near my car when she's parking up at my place in fear of scratching it :p

Reactions: P40ULW and Andy Crooks
My other half doesn't drive yet! :rockwoot:

lol make sure it stays that way:lmfao:

My other half doesn't have any inclination to drive my car (probably because she hates the colour and the fact it's an audi) and that suits me fine:)

Mrs C has a horse and drives around with half a farm yard in her car.

no one drives my car thankfully so i dont have to worry about that thankfully but my ex used to always blame me for being so obsessed with the car cleaning it twice a week when i can, or after washing it and it rains i quickly dry it up again (not scratching the paint obviously :) )

My wife Kerbed my brand new a4 19" rotor wheel within a mile of her driving it on the first night. After multiple swear words and a few minutes of silence, I got the "it's only a wheel" response. Some more silence involved and almost a tear down my face

Reactions: rajazed and kev.s
Mrs C has a horse and drives around with half a farm yard in her car.
This is me (not your GF obviously) but having a horse etc. lol I have an Audi convertible and my ex gets so disgusted with my car that he still washes it now and again but he has OCD as far as his car is concerned.

Tell my girlfriend not to drink in my car and she goes and spills Lucozade all over the seats... but that was my fault :shrug:.

Reactions: Brennan, kev.s and Sandra
Pet hate of mine, eating and drinking in the car. Guaranteed she will leave a trail of crumbs!

Reactions: Phil-1
No not at all, my wife cleans our cars. We have an A2 as well as the S3. She is at work tomorrow doing overtime 7am to 7pm then Sunday she will wash the cars. My wife is great.

Reactions: Brennan
No not at all, my wife cleans our cars. We have an A2 as well as the S3. She is at work tomorrow doing overtime 7am to 7pm then Sunday she will wash the cars. My wife is great.

Yeah but yours is special Jeff.
There not many that would detail a car like Cherie.

I refuse to share a car after the last 2 were never cleaned out unless i did it and guess who made the mess. Parking tickets coke cans toast the lot

My wife only admits to anything car related once the actual car has been sold, which is a bit worrying at the moment as my s3 is going up for sale in feb!

Reactions: Mistress-Mk1TT
My wife Kerbed my brand new a4 19" rotor wheel within a mile of her driving it on the first night. After multiple swear words and a few minutes of silence, I got the "it's only a wheel" response. Some more silence involved and almost a tear down my face

Absolutely love this one , sounds just like me and the wife ,only problem is i know have a medical condition so cant drive my car ,its a scary situation every time she gets behind the wheel and im a passenger in my own car.

That's exactly what my wife says.
"It's only a car.

My wife says that, she gets her new car on March the 1st and she has already said she wants to upgrade the lights to led's and put black stripes across the bonnet roof and boot and Union Jack mirror covers - the car is the mini countryman

I've started to notice that my wife drives my car in 4th gear around town :( I tell her off for not using 5th or 6th and she drives her Peugeot in 3rd gear round town

Mine promises to clean the car when she makes a mess, but she never does clean it. So guess who has to clean it!! :keule:

My kids only let on recently that my Wife used to race the local boy-racers in their souped up spoiler holders every time she used the RS6.

And to think how much she moaned about the cost of the AMD stage 1 tune.

Oh, we've got a Q7 now and she kerbed both drivers side alloys 'cos she's too lazy to park on the left and cross the road!

I, on the other hand, kerbed both the left wheels, much to her amusement.

Easily remedied this,
Jack prestigious automobile up and remove wheel,
Call nuisance wife to dark secluded area of garden,
Show damaged rim to offending said woman,
Listen to lame excuse and count to 10,
Beat said ungrateful woman within an inch of her life with afore mentioned alloy device!
Job done, recycle said woman!

and relax, :ninja:

Reactions: P40ULW, rajazed, warren_S5 and 1 other person
Easily remedied this,
Jack prestigious automobile up and remove wheel,
Call nuisance wife to dark secluded area of garden,
Show damaged rim to offending said woman,
Listen to lame excuse and count to 10,
Beat said ungrateful woman within an inch of her life with afore mentioned alloy device!
Job done, recycle said woman!

and relax, :ninja:

Lmao Chez. Thats nearly as funny as not letting the wife in the car. :) x

Reactions: CHEZ
Nope... Luckily as I cannot afford one Thank God.... The RS3 is expensive enough as it is without the added expense of a wife or g/f bleeding me dry of cash. Also, no-one not even my Dad is allowed to drive my car unless in an emergency.
Mum has driven it once when been away at relatives & I had gone out to a football match with my Uncle and she needed to go shopping with one of her sisters.
Luckily, she has driven automatic before & she is a careful driver. Just annoying that she is very short and leaves seat & mirrors in wrong position just like the Audi Dealerships! :banghead:

Reactions: P40ULW, Sandra and Phil-1
The reason "failure to adhere to audi driver etiquette and car care" should be added to the list of legal divorce criteria.

Reactions: P40ULW
Mine is not bad around town, but on the back roads or the motorway she is painfully slow. When I drive I constantly get the "your driving too fast, your to close to the car in front". I now just turn the radio up.

Reactions: MrAudi and Andy Crooks
My son, who had not long passed his test, was giving my wife a lift into town to meet her pals. Due to roadworks they were running a wee bit late so, when he stops behind a truck, she says what are you stopping for, the car will fit through that gap. He's not so sure and doesn't want to damage the polo that i had bought him but reluctantly does what the experienced driver tells him. You guessed it, loud scraping of fns wheel. Lucky you don't have alloys says she with a laugh, actually i do says he with a tear.

In short, she managed to trash a wheel from the passenger seat, that takes some doing! Don't even get me started about squeezing in between 2 sheds to get 10m closer to the supermarket.

Reactions: Alex C and Andy Crooks
Don't set me off on parking 😡
I parked last week in a shopping center car park, The car park was empty and I parked away from the door. When I returned an hour later, already grumpy after being trailed around the shops guess what? Yes the car park was still empty apart from the 2 cars parked next to me, and they were so badly parked I had to squeezes to get in

Me and mine have been driving together now for 45-years; I do ALL of the car cleaning and maintenance, and she does ALL of my cleaning and maintenance - for which I am 100% appreciative. However, when it comes to damage, I pay for mine and she pays for hers; and that's always worked well for us:

P1000115mod_zps32e1d049.jpg

Reactions: rajazed, THQuattro, jojo and 1 other person