HMRC well done

Avnt

Reaction score
Yet again HmRc have decided theyve overpaid our childtax credits. And clawing £1300 back which puts us worst of a month by not get the credits and then having an extra bill to pay. Be different if id never worked a day in my life or was here illegally. F***in joke

They have cut the money to help you/me/every parent with children but are willing to spend billions fighting other peoples wars,its scandalous

Reactions: davc
If they have made the mistake, don't you have the option of paying it back in instalments instead of one lump sum?

the thing that boils me up is that if theys a single change in my income etc i ring the same day to be told its ok we'll not claim owt etc etc.

They have cut the money to help you/me/every parent with children but are willing to spend billions fighting other peoples wars,its scandalous

yup my point exactly.

Yet again HmRc have decided theyve overpaid our childtax credits. And clawing £1300 back which puts us worst of a month by not get the credits and then having an extra bill to pay. Be different if id never worked a day in my life or was here illegally. F***in joke

This is why you should keep track of what your entitled to, and what you should be getting each month and so on. One persons mistake makes you worse off, and they expect it back straight away.

I know it is annoying, but the money was never rightly yours so it has to go back. You seem a decent bloke, just tell them you are fine with paying back that which you are not due, but can only afford to pay back £50 a month or whatever.

It is really annoying! I owe £210.

It's annoying that they run the renewals from July to July but the financial year is April to April. My circumstances haven't changed in the slightest but they decided that I was no longer entitled so i have to pay back what is owed from April to July.

I've already contested it but told I must pay.

I know it was never my money but I'd have like to have known I was being 'overpaid' in the first place!

HMRC = Her Majesty's Robbing C****

Reactions: A4_MaJiK and battledwarf
I've had a letter stating that if I don't pay then will take the money from my other benefits.

Good luck seeing as I don't get any benefits whatsoever!!

They stopped our child tax credits about 18 months ago,as we were apparently over the threshold of combined earnings,my missus works 16 hours a week,admittedly I work full time,but am nowhere near pulling in the amount of money I used to,due to overtime being substantially cut..

It's just happened to us, we owe them 3500!!! Every year, we told them exactly what we were earning, and told them everything they could possibly need. Last year, they decided we owed them money, and later told us we didn't. My wife spoke to them this time, they couldn't explain clearly where the error occured, but we obviously agreed to pay it back. We offered £50 per month, they wouldn't accept that, so they took £450 out of my salary today, and then £70 a month. Coz I can afford to lose £450 out of a months pay!! T*at*!!

Been there, got done over TWICE last year.

First was a PAYE coding error by my employer - they took an entire months money back to recover it payrole did nothing to help didn't query it at all.

Then family tax credits caught up and demanded 3500 quid back.

At the time my wife worked varieable hours [contract home help(at minimum wage naturally) after she'd filled the car up for work she was left with £20-30 at enjoy] and this was the cause of our downfall.

So despite working ourselves to the bone we get screwed over

Just to add insult to injury during the hot summer [I was working LONG hours to service the turbines during the good weather] and stopped off one friday night to get some dosh from the post office for a couple of tinnies [go to the PUB-you have got to be joking] anyway one of the recipiants of social housing was in front of me, tanned, shorts, shirt, flip flops and said to the counter woman " I'd like some money for the weekend--give me £300"

I was +++++++ livid, here's me working from 5:30 AM to whenever and scraping enough for some tinnies and that workshy +++++++ draws out 300.

It just ain't right.

Reactions: JimmyH
These idiots owed me a 3K rebate and made me wait 6 months for it.

But in the meantime found the time to send me a demand in error for 9K! which was withdrawn at a later date when they realised the schoolboy error they had made.

Bunch of unregulated clots.

Somebody has to pay the shortfall for these poor companies to name a few, who pay little or no tax in the uk, at least us workers are helping these minions out.....

Vodaphone
Amazon
Google
Facebook
Apple
Starbucks
Boots
COOP Bank
Smithcline Beecham

The poor guys......