• 3 Post By Artimus
  • 3 Post By voorhees

Thread: people who merge onto motorways and duel carriageways to slow

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add battledwarf on Facebook

people who merge onto motorways and duel carriageways to slow

This one boils my blood, people pulling on to these roads doing 40-50 mph when the traffic on the road is going much faster.. Iv had to stop on slip roads so many times to avoid getting hit by other cars or lorry's because im stuck behind somebody going to slow.. There was almost a big pile up once because of it, the prat pulled onto the dueller doing 40 and all the other cars on the dueller were swerving lanes and locking breaks up to avoid him
    GGG_666 likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    IMHO - vehicles on the dual carriageway should also be aware of vehicles joining (well any junctions or intersections really), but yes if drivers think of themselves as individuals (selfishly) rather than as part of a bigger system then their actions can impact on others ... this also re-inforces collective responsbility, if someone is going slower and you can't do anything about it, you have to modify your actions as best you can ...
    S3 2003 Avus Silver, Sunroof, Chrome Mirrors, Symphony II, Cruise, Heated Seats, Centre Armrest, Ambient Lights, GTRS Turbo, Forge FMIC, Sports Cats, MillTek, Coilovers ...

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    It seems to be mostly elder people who have this issue I've noticed...

The majority of us use the slip road for a 20-70 launch

Motorway driving should be implemented into the practical driving tests IMO so the more nervous drivers can become accustom to maneuvering at speeds above 50 mph and to be able to judge traffic that are travelling at higher speeds that around town.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    I personally would always move into the middle lane whenever there is a junction joining for this reason.
    Andy Crooks likes this.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    I'm just thankful both motorway mergers on closest motorways have two lanes to merge lol
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Buneet View Post
    I personally would always move into the middle lane whenever there is a junction joining for this reason.
    X2
    Tovs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by battledwarf View Post
    This one boils my blood, people pulling on to these roads doing 40-50 mph when the traffic on the road is going much faster.. Iv had to stop on slip roads so many times to avoid getting hit by other cars or lorry's because im stuck behind somebody going to slow.. There was almost a big pile up once because of it, the prat pulled onto the dueller doing 40 and all the other cars on the dueller were swerving lanes and locking breaks up to avoid him
    The worse posting ever for spelling mistakes. Learn to spell before you post your rants otherwise you will be dismissed as too thick ( note TOO thick not TO thick. Duel spelt DUAL and you should know when to use TO or to should be TOO. Iv should be I've. Breaks is BRAKES
    Andy Crooks likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WAFTER View Post
    The worse posting ever for spelling mistakes. Learn to spell before you post your rants otherwise you will be dismissed as too thick ( note TOO thick not TO thick. Duel spelt DUAL and you should know when to use TO or to should be TOO. Iv should be I've. Breaks is BRAKES
    Issues.
    CHEZ and a6-chris like this.
    Tovs

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    u better watch out or hell challenge u to a duel lol

Well it was reported in the news this week that the UK's standard of numeracy and literacy among young people falls way behind the rest of the world.

Not surprising really.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |Light & Rain Sensor Pack |CH/LH Lights |RNS-E & No Highs No Lows it must be Bose |

07 170 DSG

Status
    Exactly what i do.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Short Back

Status
    How on Earth did you manage to get rid of all the Red reputation under your name? as you clearly haven't learned to curb your acidic tongue.

P.S: it's Worst, not Worse.
    jojo, quattrojames and CHEZ like this.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1st Gear

Status
    It is back to school 4 me

1st Gear

Status
    Really?!

Status
    We keep WAFTER in a cage in a vault only letting him out if he eats all his fish heads,forgive him for his manners.
    CHEZ, Artimus and sliced like this.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    Me too
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black