Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: Orange iPhones.

5th Gear

Status

Orange iPhones.

Time for my monthly keyboard bashing!

Something that has wound me up for the past few days - Orange "unlocking" their iPhones for different networks.

A friend of mine sold me their old iPhone 4 for trivial money last month, the front and rear of the phone was smashed and half the screen worked!
    As my current phone is on the blink I saw it as a perfect opportunity to repair and try out Apple ownership before I renew my contract in a few months time.

As I am on O2, my friend called Orange/EE and stated he would like to use the phone with a different network - they charged us £20 and stated it may take up-to 30 days!

In the meantime jumped on eBay and bought a genuine replacement front screen and rear fascia along with a new battery.
    I stripped the phone down using a video on youtube as a guide and got the thing looking perfect and working again.

The 30 day "wait" was up last week - plugged the phone into Itunes - no unlock.
    My friend called Orange/EE again and stated it had not yet been done - they came up with the excuse that they are having trouble unlocking iPhones at the minute, with no idea when they will be able to do it again, we had the £20 refunded.

From looking around the net, it doesn't look easy to unlock - there is a chap on ebay selling the unlock service for £75! - nowhere else seems to do it.
    I have looked into "jailbreaking" the phone and unlocking it that way - however it can only really be done on software versions prior to 6.1.3! - so thats a no-go as well.

Going to stick this thing on ebay - its a shame as the thing is pretty much perfect - I just cant use it with O2!

Iphone ownership has not been pleasurable so far! - looks like Android is back on the cards when my renewal date is due.

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    its true
    i use a diffrent place to unlock iphones and theres a very long waiting list from orange/EE

most iv waited is 84 days

they only assign so many a month for unlock

5th Gear

Status
    84 days - ouch!
    Where do you use to get them unlocked?
    If I cant find anything reasonable by the weekend its going on ebay!

- Weitec GT

Status
    Have you looked at this site? I dont know if its any use, but may be worth a look x

iPhone Unlock and iPhone Jailbreak
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Unlock iPhone 3GS 4 4S, 5, 5C and 5S, Official iPhone Unlock, Apple iTunes Unlock

thats who i use but there not cheap
    i usaly bulk unlock so cuts my costs down

6th Gear

Status
    Can you not flash to an older version of software and jailbreak unlock it? Personally id get your mate to dig his heals in and insist on it being unlocked pronto.

Fail in that if its dirt cheap i have a rolling contract sitting in my top drawer on orange without a phone! (they promised me conference calling via the handset on sign up and it was a lie!)
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Call O2 they unlocked mine for free!? Hold on...saying that my iPhone 4 was locked to O2 and I was going to use a local Vodafone sim card in Egypt. Still worth a try though right?

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    There is a 6.1.3/4 JB just come out aswell, not sure ultrasnow unlock is compatible, worth a look.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers for the advice guys,
    I believe I cant flash back to an older version as the baseband version has also been updated - this may cause issues.

I think I have read the same as you NHN - howver it looks like its a "teathered" jailbreak, which means the phone needs to be booted from the computer if it turns off or the battery runs out!

- Weitec GT

5th Gear

Status
    It took Orange 9 months to unlock my iphone. They kept saying that it would take 3 months but I never got the code and numerous phone calls finally solved it. The problem is their call centres are in India and they just read off a card and ignore what you say to them!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

4th Gear

Status
    I got my iPhone blocked (ie. as if it's stolen) by numerous unlockers, Orange, a few shops trying to unlock it and gave up in the end. I now have an iPod that will be an iPhone if I use it abroad, which I don't want to do just to make a call....

It's gathering dust in a drawer now.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)