Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 100
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Police Stopped Me!

  1. #1
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639

    Police Stopped Me!

    Ok what happened was. I was on a narrow road and ahead of me Police Car. So I drive behind them and waited like a minute or so and then horned at them to let them know theres a car behind them.

    So now they put their red lights up. So i thought Ok, Ill overtake you. Then after 10 seconds what I did was look behind me and then check my side mirrors and then looked ahead to check theres no pedestrian and slowly crept up the pavement on my left whilst overtaking them. After I did so 10 seconds later they flashed their blue lights at me to pull me over.

    Now before they tell me anything the young chubby police woman shouts at me to come out. Im thinking what have I done. She tried to rip my keys out of the ignition but funny thing was only my key blade was in the ignition so she was furious (literally with steam coming out of her). Thereafter I come out because I was stunned as I didnt have a clue why I got pulled over.

    So now they were shouting at me that apparently I did dangerous driving and I shouldnt have got on the pavement. I rightly go to them I have a driving license which means im qualifed to drive therefore I saw that it was safe to get on the pavement and drive so accordingly. Then they try to say ive commited insurance fraud because my logbook is under my business and my license and insurance under my house.

    Then they try to make me sign everything I said which I said No to and warned me the danger for not signing their book. At that moment I thought to myself they are trying to do me for everything they find and decided not to say anything and sign nothing because I dont even agree to anything they are insuating.

    Thereafter their backup assistance came and literally searched my car only to find nada.

    The chubby woman officer goes to me because I didnt open my door and come out straight away she had the right to break my windows and I had to caugh up for the repairs which started to ring alarm bells.

    Is that even true?


    Now im worried that they are trying to take my license by taking me to court.

    Should I worry about this?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,869
    You're not supposed to mount the kerb to pass a Police car unless directed to. They could have been blocking the road to prevent access to an incident.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  4. #3
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,573
    I think it may be wise to turn up at a police station to explain your side of the story for peace of mind?

    I can't picture a scenario of a police car blocking you on a narrow road that you felt the need to beep your horn. Was this in the day or night? Surely the polite thing to do is ask if its ok to pass? Anyways, not judging you, but not enough info to say if you are in the wrong or right?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  5. #4
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,911
    I would do as Joe says but I would change the 'young chubby police woman' for just police officer.
    I would have got out and asked them any particular reason for stopping in the road blocking it as Artimus said it could have been a reason

  6. #5
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Bad decision to mount the pavement and pass them.

    Should've got out of your car and asked them what the deal was.

  7. #6
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Bad decision to mount the pavement and pass them.

    Should've got out of your car and asked them what the deal was.

    They were doing some check on the computer and I could see other cars come from the opposite waiting. Although I did wait for couple of minutes before I made the move.

    I understand that they were chasing for some youths which particularly happens around this area.

    To be honest the woman was very rude and aggressive towards me and the her partner was more chilled out.

    They go to me I should have just done a U turn and go another way however that was the only way out of the area and I want to go home asap as it was nearly 1AM.

    I just thought because they couldn't catch anyone they were chasing they stuck to me.

  8. #7
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901
    i would of crashed in to them and then caused a riot then gone to the police station and tea bagged all the cars in the car park...

    but really id of just turned around or asked them what the crack is, its a dodgy situation with the police because that many of them have life issues that makes them invincible and they ride their high horse of power to cause as much chew as possible. best to just stay out of the way of police full stop. 9 times out of 10 don't even ask them for help because lets face it the police are not what they used to be.
    Sevv, sliced, A4_MaJiK and 3 others like this.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  9. #8
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I would do as Joe says but I would change the 'young chubby police woman' for just police officer.
    I would have got out and asked them any particular reason for stopping in the road blocking it as Artimus said it could have been a reason
    I have been in many situations were the police blocked roads where they have their flashing lights on however in this instance they clearly told me that they were doing checks on the computer and they didn't have any flashing lights on, only until I horned them of my presence as I was the only car behind them.

  10. #9
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Bad decision to mount the pavement and pass them.

    Should've got out of your car and asked them what the deal was.
    This. Sounding your horn and driving on the pavement wasn't the best way to deal with the situation. It might even explain why the female officer was less than gracious. Rule one with the police; don't put their backs up. If in doubt, step out and speak to them.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  11. #10
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Your not obliged to get out your vehicle unless you are being arrested so they can't really take that anywhere,

    Sometimes certain police officers take advantage of there roll as shouting at you is not what you pay taxes for when I get stopped I usually start filming it all and put the camera in their faces recording it all and always call for more people to turn up :thumbup:

  12. #11
    Dean_T's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Mids
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Bad decision to mount the pavement and pass them.

    Should've got out of your car and asked them what the deal was.
    This ^^
    Dean.

  13. #12
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Great Melton Norfolk
    Posts
    1,356
    Surprised they didn`t breathalyze you at that time of morning as well.

  14. #13
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    I now know I should have come out the car and told them whats up. Lesson learnt.

    I still don't agree with them telling me that I did dangerous driving by getting pedestrians in danger. I told them there that there were no pedestrians obviously due to the time of day it was.

    As for recording the situation, the woman attempted to take the phone off of me and then tried to stick resisting arrest on my head. Trust me a few things were blown way out of proportion I thought.

    I understand it was a motoring offence however felt like I robbed a bank offence.

  15. #14
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    my bro got a 12 mth ban for mounting a curb

    played hell with his job and insurance for a good few years (hes class 1 like me so any in or dd are killers for out work)

    and yes if they did smash a window to get you out you foot the bill

  16. #15
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    The woman cop was annoyed by what you did. Her reaction sounds well over the top, but I guess she's just human and we can all overreact to things that we see as impatient etc... i.e. having someone behind you beeping their horn when you have good reason to be where you are.

    I was driving along once and there was car doing half the speed limit in front of me. Then it turned left into a side street without indicating, so I beeeeeped it and continued straight on. A few seconds later I looked in my mirror and saw that the same car had spun around and was now behind me. I ready myself for a confrontation or some sort. Half a minute later on came the blue lights... It was an unmarked police car.
    I pulled over to be confronted by a male and an irate female officer who threatened to do me for using my horn in an inappropriate way or something.
    We discussed (argued) about what had happened for a few minutes and then we parted company, with no charges or fines being issued.

    There was also the time I thought it'd be funny to pull up alongside a marked police car who was double parked and ask the cops in it to "move on please".
    They didn't find it as funny as me so decided to go over my barely road worthy Vauxhall Nova with a fine-toothed comb.

    Basically, police do a tricky job, so when they get intentionally or unintentionally prodded by a member of the public sometimes they snap and make things awkward for the 'prodder'.
    They shouldn't, but I can see why they do sometimes. I probably would too.

  17. #16
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    Well you could always report her for her aggresive behavour if you have her collar number
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  18. #17
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    Another thing they didn't hand me any form of paperwork so should I be worried by anything like this.

    Am I saying bye bye to my license?

  19. #18
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    you could be
    did they say they were gona sumons you for court ?

  20. #19
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by SL11CKK View Post
    Another thing they didn't hand me any form of paperwork so should I be worried by anything like this.

    Am I saying bye bye to my license?
    lol no, just a slap on the wrist
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  21. #20
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    You'll aware from your driving test, that it's illegal to drive on the pavement (apart from the exceptions in the Highway Code) I'm sure, so I assume you're prepared to accept the consequences of your actions for that?

    What exactly did you refuse to sign? A fixed penalty can still be issued if the signature is refused, but as you say you have no paperwork I take it that hasn't happened? Sounds like you've either been reported for an offence (and if so then surely you'd remember?) or they've just called your bluff to make you think about the doing the same thing again.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  22. #21
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    as above if they have reported you for the offence dd you will get the paperwork in the post

  23. #22
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,869

    Police Stopped Me!

    If Police stop you're car for ANY reason, they're supposed to give you a stop form - maybe thats what you refused to sign - with details of the reason for the stop (even if they've made it up) & their warrant number... So you can make a complaint if you feel you've been treated unfairly or are being harassed. If they don't offer one, ASK for one! They hate issuing them.

    Tip: Don't argue points of law with the Police unless you're sure, or they'll tie you in knots! & stop watching those "reality" Police program's... The only reason kids get away with back chatting those Cops is because of the presence the camera crew to witness to the events... the reality is, you'd get a kicking.
    Last edited by Artimus; 8th September 2013 at 18:39.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  24. #23
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    if Police stop you're car for ANY reason, they're supposed to give you a stop form

    not now unless you request one
    same as stop an search you can have one if you ask.
    Artimus likes this.

  25. #24
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    If Police stop you're car for ANY reason, they're supposed to give you a stop form - maybe thats what you refused to sign - with details of the reason for the stop (even if they've made it up) & their warrant number... So you can make a complaint if you feel you've been treated unfairly or are being harassed. If they don't offer one, ASK for one! They hate issuing them.

    Tip: Don't argue points of law with the Police unless you're sure, or they'll tie you in knots! & stop watching those "reality" Police program's... The only reason kids get away with back chatting those Cops is because of the presence the camera crew to witness to the events... the reality is, you'd get a kicking.

    they do hate them as they can take ages to sort out then they have to write them up and file then etc
    i always ask as anything for free is a bonus i think
    plus it pisses them off .

  26. #25
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Don't worry abt it mate they will most likely summon you to court and when you go just plea not guilty as it's not your job to prove your not guilty it's there job to prove you guilty so don't stress the officer probably had a bad day and took it out on you which is not professional at all.
    As in any case I always advise to pull your keys out of the ignition and place them on the dash and then start recording on your mobile phone everything that happens and your legally allowed to and they also won't be able to do you for using a motor vehicle whilst using a phone as your not in control of it just just sitting in it

  27. #26
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,524
    Don't worry abt it mate they will most likely summon you to court and when you go just plea not guilty

    2 coppers saying he drove on the pavement stright guilty
    Artimus likes this.

  28. #27
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Just by a person in uniform saying it doesn't make it true and that's the same for two officer's they still have to give there version of e events and then up to the judge to decide and if for whatever reason they were parked up in the middle of the road to start with that's a danger by itself!

  29. #28
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,869
    As Bez says, Two officers saying the same thing against one other is usually good enough for a conviction. I wouldn't fancy my chances tbh! plus, if convicted after pleading not guilty, the penalty is usually more severe.

    It's yet to get that far anyway, and they may have been hoping to just put the wind up him a little.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  30. #29
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Regardless of how many officer's were there it doesn't mean both of them were actually watching him drive on the pavement it may be just one but as the general rule goes they will most likely cover each other saying they both saw him.

    Anyway in my opinion make a formal complaint about the officer to the ipcc as every officer has 3 complaints against them before they are bought before they are looked into for any misconduct so you never know it could make things really hard for the officer they may have been naughty in the past. :thumbup:

  31. #30
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    I've just realised that the mentioned pavement happens to be dropped too as it provides access to peoples drive too - And its a continuous dropped kerb.

    So have I got a chance whatsoever should it hit court?

  32. #31
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by SL11CKK View Post
    I've just realised that the mentioned pavement happens to be dropped too as it provides access to peoples drive too - And its a continuous dropped kerb.

    So have I got a chance whatsoever should it hit court?
    nope as you dont have lawful access to those properties.

    Did the police say anything before they let you go? did they mention court?
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  33. #32
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    Just say you were on your way to see a car for sale outside one of the houses
    sliced likes this.

  34. #33
    sliced's Avatar
    Drive safe, stay alive.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    Just say you were on your way to see a car for sale outside one of the houses
    haha, in all seriousness if he's going court, make a formal complaint about the officer first!
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

  35. #34
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    It's pretty easy all done online via their website and puts it on the record of the officer even if nothing comes of it they will always have it on their records showing negativity :thumbup:

  36. #35
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by sliced View Post
    nope as you dont have lawful access to those properties.

    Did the police say anything before they let you go? did they mention court?
    The officer said that if I don't sign their book I am going to court to explain myself. At one point the other officer who was questioning me said that he was cautioning me so I don't know.

    Also doesn't the single yellow stand for anything. As people do park their cars on the pavement. Google Streetview even shows a 1Series parked on the dropped pavement.

  37. #36
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    I just think the officer's were taking advantage of the situation did you offer them any doughnuts :D

  38. #37
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    I just think the officer's were taking advantage of the situation...:D
    on that we agree.

    ......you have the right....jpg

    or...You have the right 3.jpg

    or...You have the right 2.jpg
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  39. #38
    SL11CKK's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barking & London
    Posts
    639
    Trust me the police woman man-handled me and Im ashamed of it. Lol
    Artimus and sliced like this.

  40. #39
    Yolo_8p3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    129
    She will probably be out of a job with all the policing cuts going on then go say hi to her at the job centre haha

  41. #40
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,869
    A Caution is usually just a warning ..no action is taken, but it's logged for future reference! but since you refused to accept it, it may end up in court, unless they decided to just leave it.

    The single yellow just means there are parking restrictions during certain hours of the day\night.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stopped by the police!!!
    By MURRAYS444 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 30th August 2012, 15:22
  2. Got stopped by the police - Funny!
    By Oranoco in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26th July 2008, 22:28
  3. Oi! Thought Police!
    By S3BeemerBeater in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th May 2004, 11:28
  4. Washer Jet warning sound can you stop it?
    By MingBluS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th February 2004, 15:19
  5. Headlights stopped working
    By skipper316 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th October 2003, 16:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO