Pranged the car.

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Cant believe it.
£600 spent on bodywork last month (Rear bumper, tailgate, bonnet and front bumper)
Reversed off the drive into the girlfriends car.

Pretty much forgot how long my car was - was going 2mph tops as the car sometimes scrapes when dropping off the kerb, as the front wheel went down the kerb, the rear bumper hit the rear wheel of the other half's car.

Her car is completely untouched - mine however has a nice scrape, missing paint and a chunk out the rear bumper.
My relatively mint 11 year old car now has an ugly rear... gutted to say the least.

Shame mate, but these things happen. Are you going to get it fixed up?

Shame mate, but these things happen. Are you going to get it fixed up?

It is a massive shame - just had to get it off my chest yesterday!
My aim was to have the car as good as I could get it before I moved out - as I knew I would be spending money elsewhere.
I moved out last month, so money is very tight at the moment, stuff like fridge-freezers taking priority over the car (which feels strange!)

I will have to see in a few months maybe - I'v touched it up for the time being which makes it less obvious but I still know its there - which is going to nag me.
Iv also got to factor in that the car is now 11 and close to 160,000 miles - Its had a lot spent on it in the last year but I need to draw the line somewhere.

I parked in morisons and had a nice big fat scratch on the passenger door when i came out, car was only painted a few months back by audi. whats worse is i could see straight away somebody had touched the car to see if it was deep as the dust was disturbed!

whats real nice though is security guy promised to get the details as the carpark is well covered by cctv and im hoping to get there own car details! Somethine similar happened to my mrs a few years back and she got paid out by the other party without needing insurance!