Autotrader

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Nothing wrong with trader itself, but the email service they provide! I've had nothing but spam from the emails which always start off with 'is the car still for sale?' Once you reply to it, you get a phishing reply with a dodgy link, or a reply that they will pay with Paypal, and come collect the car on trailer!

Time to switch the function off methinks, serious buyer would actually pick up a phone and call right?

Yeap. I would never email or text anyone about the car. If you can afford the car, you can afford a phone call as well. Email option should be switched off.

I stopped using Autotrader years ago and will never use them again as you get non-stop inundated by calls from these companies telling you that they have buyers waiting and they want to sell your car through them!

Autotraders popularity seemed to take a massive hit a few years back - probably coinciding with the increased popularity of PistonHeads who offered their classified service for free and generally featured mainly cars we'd be interested in owning.

Then Pistonheads got greedy and started charging for their classifieds.

As a result, i think we're seeing AutoTrader getting more popular again.

I sold my ess on Autotrader,had a lot of would be test pilots and dead heads texting but I made sure I used a throwaway mobile which was switched off at night so no problem with the service

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Of the times I've used Autotrader, never once sold a car & waste of time, useless site for spam, sales companies etc.

However, every car sold were via Pistonheads, I'd pay to list on there, never once had an issue, thus far :)

Always sold my cars on ebay with classified ads best offers. Autotrader was a waste of £45.

My dad tried to sell his old M5 on Auto Trader a while ago and received an email the day after asking to ship the car to Romania!
Didn't get many proper responses and a lot of time waters too. Waste of money putting it on there.

Last edited: