Venom Motorsport.

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Ordered Coilovers (end of june) from them to replace some broken springs on my a3 8l seeing as the website said most orders are delivered within 2 - 3 workings days.

a week later i call them... "they haven't been delivered from our supplier yet, will be in the warehouse on the 15th (2 weeks after the 2-3 working days) and with you on the 16th"

i call again today (18th)... "they haven't been delivered by our supplier yet, they should be with us within 10 - 11 days"

brilliant. i left myself a 3 week time frame to get my car through the MOT and still managed to not get the car to a passable state in time. Never ordering from them again. they haven't given me a single update on my order either, i've been the one calling them all the time. poor customer service.

Pretty sure I ordered a few bushes from Venom when they were on sale and I had similar issues with extended delivery dates- but the time frames were not as bad as that!

Give them another call and get them to contact the supplier to tell them to send the parts to your delivery address directly.

That will at least cut out the turn around time it takes to get to Venom and get back out again. I've had this happen with a few companies now when they get let down by the supplier they purchase them from. One company that has done this is actually a site sponsor on ASN but did everything they could to rectify the issue including covering the next day delivery from the supplier to my address :D

when i called them today they said they'ld call me back with a more concrete delivery date. then never heard anything back from them and they're now closed for the day. will definitely be calling them again tomorrow and trying to sort that out. i want my car back on the road!

I tried buying stuff through venom once. Were crap. Never again. DPM sorted me out in the end, much better :(

Reactions: NHN
This seems to be a real pitfall when dealing with any parts suppliers that don't hold actual stock (as in "can you walk over to a shelf and get them in your hand right ****** now?!") What brand are the coils? My "Knobheads of the Century" award goes jointly to Bilstein and H+R...

Waited 5 months (!!) for a Bilstein kit from them that was perpetually "shipping from German factory in a couple of weeks", which I eventually cancelled and went with a Koni/Eibach combo. Waited 7 months (!!!) for my anti-roll bars to come from the H+R factory, and the only reason I didn't just cancel that order is that they were the only beefy aftermarket kit for my vehicle (C6 A6 avant).

Just taking the p!ss with those timeframes really, but luckily I have the patience and general placid nature of a saint :)

Just ask for a refund & go elsewhere, hate this kind of attitude from companies tbh with virtual stock, infuriates me which is why I make the effort to actually say do you have physical stock, if not check with supplier if they have stock otherwise forget it.

I rang one today for a log cabin, guys attitude sucked & then says oh yes we can get that & its up to 12 weeks, yeah heard that line before, no guarantees at all, so tells me your call has been transferred down from head office & we can only chat for 10 minutes as they cut you of at that point, are you for real, this is a sales line right, seriously couldn't believe that one, lmao.

Yeh cancel orders like that. Poor service shouldn't be allowed to be accepted and firms like that should be goin burst!

I called them again today and got quoted 19th of august for a delivery date. Cancelled my order on the spot and done the British thing, wrote a rather strongly worded letter to them hahaha.

I would have cancelled a long time ago.
but at least you got your money back now

go to DPM Performance, Cant fault them