Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: GLASGOW AUDI "Problems"

Neutral

Status

GLASGOW AUDI "Problems"

car was in glasgow audi last week for new coil-pack while they are doing the work i get a call saying the cat on the car was damaged an would i like to pay them 1500quid to have it sorted so i take it to a mates garage after leaving audi to get him to check it only to find no damage what so ever
    Last edited by Administrators; 14th May 2013 at 18:29.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    That's typical, wouldn't expect anything less from them.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs

1st Gear

Status
    go back get a written quote, sue them or get a new car out of court settlement
    Phantom Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant

Neutral

Status
    I would certainly ask them to detail, in writing what damage they have found, then, depending on what they say, I would ask someone like the AA or RAC to examine it, and provide a report on their findings. I would then go back and create a stink, telling them that you will report it to trading standards, and the press. See what they come up with.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by enoliver View Post
    I would certainly ask them to detail, in writing what damage they have found, then, depending on what they say, I would ask someone like the AA or RAC to examine it, and provide a report on their findings. I would then go back and create a stink, telling them that you will report it to trading standards, and the press. See what they come up with.

i have already got them to stick it in writing an give me a quote to repair an they want 1537.96 to replace the cat that has no damage as they said it had a big dent on it but its not even got a scratch

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by enoliver View Post
    This is good advice. And in the meantime, until you have allowed Glasgow Audi the right to reply, you really should alter the title of this thread, which is potentially libellous.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    This is good advice. And in the meantime, until you have allowed Glasgow Audi the right to reply, you really should alter the title of this thread, which is potentially libellous.

so a week an a bit after i 1st made them aware of this is not enough time for them to reply

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by barrym381 View Post
    so a week an a bit after i 1st made them aware of this is not enough time for them to reply
    Probably yes, but the title is still potentially libellous. Anyway, when I talked about the right of reply I wasn't referring to Glasgow Audi replying to you asking them what they thought was wrong with the car. I was referring to them having the right to reply on this forum to your very public accusation that they have attempted to defraud you.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 14th May 2013 at 18:31.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Status
    Please change the title Barry or i will have to remove the thread
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter
    He can't edit it, so I have untill someone can suggest a better one (that was correct Jason)
    Last edited by Administrators; 15th May 2013 at 06:53.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Please change the title Barry or i will have to remove the thread

but this is aloud

Audi dealer service rip off !

oh and this

URGENT ADVICE PLEASE - STEALERS TRYING TO RIP ME OFF

6th Gear

Status
    You have to be 100% sure before making accusations though.
    If so phone Watchdog !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Who knows why those threads weren't identified as being problematic, but they don't validate your initial title. Two wrongs don't make a right. So instead of trying to find other examples of potential libel that weren't picked up, you should really be thanking Sandra for spotting yours and getting it made safe.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    You have to be 100% sure before making accusations though.
    If so phone Watchdog !
    i am 100% sure as we have had it checked now by 2 different indys an both have said it is not got a mark on it an have taken photos for me

Neutral

Status
    Who knows why those threads weren't identified as being problematic, but they don't validate your initial title. Two wrongs don't make a right. So instead of trying to find other examples of potential libel that weren't picked up, you should really be thanking Sandra for spotting yours and getting it made safe.
    i see what you an sandra are also sayin an thanks but they have bold as brass tried to take 1500quid for work not needed same as they quoted me an another member from here different prices for the same work on the same type of car

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    The most important thing is that you got a second opinion and didn't spend the money.

Neutral

Status
    The most important thing is that you got a second opinion and didn't spend the money.

and i would recommend ppl do the same if thats the tricks there up to

Short Back

Status
    i am 100% sure as we have had it checked now by 2 different indys an both have said it is not got a mark on it an have taken photos for me
    just playing Devil's advocate here, but do you have any before pictures? what if they'd already changed it, hoping you would say "go ahead", before it filtered back to the techs that you said "no" and decided then to leave it on rather than take it back off?

2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Foursprung Duck Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    just playing Devil's advocate here, but do you have any before pictures? what if they'd already changed it, hoping you would say "go ahead", before it filtered back to the techs that you said "no" and decided then to leave it on rather than take it back off?

If they were a charity then maybe yes but I would very much doubt that. Like any garage they wouldn't fit anything without the owner's prior approval to go ahead with the work.

Unfortunately this dealership is well known round these parts for doing this sort of thing. I personally know of quite a few people who've experienced the same sort of treatment and who like the OP were wise to get a second opinion.

I could also name another huge dealership who do exactly the same thing. My mate works for them and some of the stories I hear about customers getting ripped off is despicable.

A lot of the time they fit parts which aren't needed in the first place, bill the customer, whilst at the same time the parts are removed to be used elsewhere.
    MY'09 S3 Sportback |Gloss Black Mirrors |Buckets |Black Optiks |Open Sky |A good few other bits and bobs

Short Back

Status
    okay, it was just a suggested possibility, and I'm sure the OP knows his local dealer better than me. My car will be getting its first service under my ownership in a few weeks and it's a situation I'll be monitoring intensely.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davc View Post
    If they were a charity then maybe yes but I would very much doubt that. Like any garage they wouldn't fit anything without the owner's prior approval to go ahead with the work.

Unfortunately this dealership is well known round these parts for doing this sort of thing. I personally know of quite a few people who've experienced the same sort of treatment and who like the OP were wise to get a second opinion.

I could also name another huge dealership who do exactly the same thing. My mate works for them and some of the stories I hear about customers getting ripped off is despicable.

A lot of the time they fit parts which aren't needed in the first place, bill the customer, whilst at the same time the parts are removed to be used elsewhere.
    glad some1 also knows about the tricks this dealer tries to get up to

2nd Gear

Status
    Reading all these comments regarding a main dealer it's no wonder why owners go to known Independants for their repairs. I've been in the motor trade for 36 years (now retired) and am pleased to say never had this sort of thing happen where I worked, but sadly it does go on - no wonder the motor trade has a "bad name"
    Malcolm

Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line Sportback