Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Waiting times at hospitals

So I take my girlfriend to hospital complaining of sever back pain she's sat there doubled over after waiting for a hour I ask what's going on an roughly how long to be told sorry we don't give waiting times just take a seat an wait I know there busy but she's clearly in a lot of pain an they just don't seem at all bothered idiots!!!!!! Rant over

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Afraid you'll just need to grin and bear it!
    They will have to prioritise each case,and if a more severe emergency comes in they'll be dealt with first.
    Believe me I've seen enough of a&e depts over the years to know there's no point getting yourself wound up(and I have 2 sisters that are nurses-one of them in emergengy department in Yorkhill kids hospital.

Status
    They have triage so thats how the government say your seen within half an hour or whatever it is,they don't take into consideration the four hours after triage.

6th Gear

Status
    I feel for you. Bloody hate A&E. Just take a seat they say, we will be with you as soon as possible. What else can they do?

Still, I always pass the time by trying to guess what is wrong with people. And for those with obvious wounds I try to guess how they did it.

And then I see the nurses, and remember the times I used to go to parties at the nurses quarters. Angels the lot of them
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

1st Gear

Status
    I know it will be the last thing on your minds when you dash off to a&e and your not allowed to use mobile phones. Try and remember to take your ds/PSP/ipod touch or whatever you got. Takes the mind off the pain/agony (briefly) while you wait. It does help.

1st Gear

Status
    ^^^ only works if your thumbs aren't injured/broken.

Reverse Gear

Status
    From experience, you tend to get seen a lot sooner if you are dripping blood on their floor

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_vw:1736833
    I know it will be the last thing on your minds when you dash off to a&e and your not allowed to use mobile phones. Try and remember to take your ds/PSP/ipod touch or whatever you got. Takes the mind off the pain/agony (briefly) while you wait. It does help.
    You can use your mobile phone in A&E nowadays, you can actually use it in most departments & wards around the hospital.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lshigham:1736847
    From experience, you tend to get seen a lot sooner if you are dripping blood on their floor
    I used to get seen straight away about three years ago as i suffered about 13 spontaneous pneumothorax's ( collapsed lungs ) & I would always get dirty looks from people in the waiting room mainly because I walked in under my own steam without blood pouring out my body or a blade stuck in my head. Eventually I got transferred to the golden jubilee hospital in clydebank for surgery on both my lungs. I'm back to fighting health now and cant thank the NHS enough as they were absolutely brilliant. What also helped is my mum actually works in the chest unit at my local hospital so I would get vip treatment when I was in the chest unit getting my chest drained out. What i'm trying to say is A&E departments all over the country are flat out & have no choice but to take some patients straight away depending what is wrong with them. Even when i got taken straight away sometimes the doctors would have to leave me for a while if somebody got rushed in with a heart attack etc. They do their absolute best and I certainly cant fault them.
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 9th December 2012 at 23:28.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Nurses work really long hours for a **** wage, crap conditions, threats and abuse, and they do it all with a smile and still want to help people.
    If you are kept waiting it isn't their fault.

Respect where its due

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    Nurses work really long hours for a **** wage, crap conditions, threats and abuse, and they do it all with a smile and still want to help people.
    3 x 12hr shifts per week, sounds good to me
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3-Lee View Post
    So I take my girlfriend to hospital complaining of sever back pain she's sat there doubled over after waiting for a hour I ask what's going on an roughly how long to be told sorry we don't give waiting times just take a seat an wait I know there busy but she's clearly in a lot of pain an they just don't seem at all bothered idiots!!!!!! Rant over
    On reading this my dearest wish is that one day you or a loved one will be at deahts door and in screaming agony in the middle of the night, have to call an ambulance and have some "idiots" quickly diagnose your condition and save your life even before admittance to be treated by yet more "idiots" in A & E. It gets worse, as once the A & E "idiots" have you stabilised you get transferred to a high dependency ward staffed by even more highly trained "idiots" who will monitor you minute by minute. Soon surgeon and consultant "idiots" will save your life so that you might live to insult.

There are not enough words of praise for those that have the skills to be able to devote their life to the saving of life or the easing of pain, yet have to tolerate and heal the very lowest of human scum.