JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Opening your door into the road.....

Why oh why do people feel the need to open their doors as i am just driving by! they have wing mirrors just like i do so why cant the use them and wait for a suitable gap like i do to get out safely?

The other side to this is people with baby seats etc. I know you have to fit them in the back of your car etc but please have the sense to do this from the pavement side of your car (eg park on the other side of the road or turn your car around) as if like alot of car you dont have lights in your doors i haved to take evasive action to avoid your ar5e sticking out into a raod and play chicken with the oncoming traffic.

peace out
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Wouldn't you just love to buy an old car and drive around looking for doors sticking out, just so you could take them off.....or do I just have an evil streak?

Status
    I used to have an old sub £200 car as it was great as you didnt care where you parked and if it got knocked it just added to the character of the car. Reverse parking was a doddle as you just went backwards till it stopped lol.

So yeah playing real life bumper cars would be awesome
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Boo!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Why oh why do people feel the need to open their doors as i am just driving by! they have wing mirrors just like i do so why cant the use them and wait for a suitable gap like i do to get out safely?
    I agree with you there 100%,and it scares the hell out of me seeing someone do this as I drive towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post

The other side to this is people with baby seats etc. I know you have to fitthem in the back of your car etc but please have the sense to do this from thepavement side of your car (eg park on the other side of the road or turn yourcar around) as if like alot of car you dont have lights in your doors i havedto take evasive action to avoid your ar5e sticking out into a raod and playchicken with the oncoming traffic.

peace out

I don’t agree with you there,as long as they have the door open and they standing with what will look like putting/helping a child in or out, I look at it as if its they’re right of way.

It’s just a case of slowing down (maybe stopping) till its clear to overtake!
    Last edited by Ghost; 7th December 2012 at 14:21.

Status
    Why when you can do it safely from the pavement side ratehr than have your head stuck in the back of your car with your ar5e stuck in the road with traffic flying past.

as its not that difficult to think ahead and plan your parking so that the side you need to access is from the safe side for pedestrians.

5th Gear

Status
    just use the horn!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

James

Status
    It drives me mad. What's worse is when you've got a passenger or someone in your car who isn't conscious at all, and they just fling their door open into a busy road without checking for traffic approaching. My heart has skipped a few times from that! (And don't get me started on passengers who throw the door open with such force that it bounces back off the hinges - there should be prison sentences handed out for that sort of behaviour!!)

I agree with the baby seats - I suppose it can't really be helped if you've got more than 1 child but if you don't, put the seat on the side of the car you'd park to the pavement or make a conscious effort to do so when parking up! The door needs to be wide open in order to get a baby seat in / out - why you'd attempt that onto a busy road is beyond me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    As a driver with three kids - there's still no excuse - i make my lot clamber over and out the pavement side if needs must! Bloody hate Birkenstock wearers who think they have a god given right to stop traffic whilst their brood escape their toyota prius or worse still - galaxy into on-coming traffic ggrrr!

Boo!

Status
    Skinflint, i hit the dislike button by mistake, iv ask mods to remove it, sorry