EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sidibear

Thread: Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

  1. #1
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

    I'm annoyed at this, I go to the "shell" garage on the way to work. There is signs up saying its going to be a BP garage soon.

    Right fine, I put "v power" in my car as it says on the pump "v power".

    I go in to pay and hand my shell card over woman says we are nit shell anymore we are BP.

    I proceed to say well your still selling shell fuel. Her reply was no its all BP fuel.

    I go nice one I'm supposed to run my car on v power. Her reply was well you should of known....

    How could I know when the pump is advertising "v power" and telling me its v power "v power" I'm putting in my car. Silly cow !

    Rant over, at least it was only half a tank and not a full one and its cost me 151.9p per liter .... The slags!
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,002
    Contact your local office of fair trading and report them.
    _G_ likes this.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  4. #3
    kwistof's Avatar
    South East Events Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kent
    Posts
    2,271

    My Social Networking

    Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I would be livid mate.....I to only use V power in my car....I can't see why anyone would even want to use BP Ultimate if there is a Shell V power available near by. Anyway....

    I think you would need some proof other than your receipt and what this women said.... maybe take a few pictures if you can of the petrol pumps and also the signs saying it will become BP soon, just so you have some more evidence of this pi$$ take.

    Is the receipt a Shell or BP and was the offers/signs in the shop BP or Shell?

    Btw I thought £148.9 was a rip off for V power down here - let along £151.9 for BP Ultimate!

  5. #4
    _G_
    _G_'s Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    869
    report dem!
    seriously I mean WTF?!

  6. #5
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

    I should of asked for a receipt, I paid cash so didn't get one.

    It's just pure a piss take and even after saying nice one my car will run gash now, she just wasn't arsed (I live in middlesbrough people here just don't give a toss about anyone else lol)
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  7. #6
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,505
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post

    Btw I thought £148.9 was a rip off for V power down here - let along £151.9 for BP Ultimate!
    That's VERY expensive! lol



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  8. #7
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,505
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    I should of asked for a receipt, I paid cash so didn't get one.

    It's just pure a piss take and even after saying nice one my car will run gash now, she just wasn't arsed (I live in middlesbrough people here just don't give a toss about anyone else lol)
    I always pay cash, can ask for a receipt no problems.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  9. #8
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,533
    your car wont run gash lol.
    v power isnt magic you know

  10. #9
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    your car wont run gash lol.
    v power isnt magic you know
    No I know it wont but to put emphasis on the fact that there doing wrong. You say what ever you like.

    When I got to work and said my piece about what they are doing. One of the lads said a couple of days ago when they went in to the petrol station. A bloke that was in front of him had filled his car up and said exactly the same thing and the people in the petrol station said the same thing that they said to me.


    And v power is magic have you not seen how its made... It's made from unicorn piss
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

  11. #10
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,533
    lmao unicorn piss

  12. #11
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    I wouldn't have paid.

  13. #12
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I wouldn't have paid.
    'I'm walking awaa-aay'



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  14. #13
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    all v power is pants unless you buy it at chester services
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

  15. #14
    marktdisport's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    mids
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by coatesy View Post
    I'm annoyed at this, I go to the "shell" garage on the way to work. There is signs up saying its going to be a BP garage soon.

    Right fine, I put "v power" in my car as it says on the pump "v power".

    I go in to pay and hand my shell card over woman says we are nit shell anymore we are BP.

    I proceed to say well your still selling shell fuel. Her reply was no its all BP fuel.

    I go nice one I'm supposed to run my car on v power. Her reply was well you should of known....

    How could I know when the pump is advertising "v power" and telling me its v power "v power" I'm putting in my car. Silly cow !

    Rant over, at least it was only half a tank and not a full one and its cost me 151.9p per liter .... The slags!
    Hi m8. Can I ask what livery the garage is from the road bp signs or shell ?? Can't understand why that as happened.. Forecourts should close until swop over is complete I.e different grade etc, but if its till shell garage selling bp that takes the biscuit.. If its bp livery and signs up I.e the price post then that's fair enough you can't moan m8...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

  16. #15
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,843
    The garage will probably shut down for a day or two before they actually switch fuels to flush the tanks out! there's nothing worse than opening at a new site and dispensing the crap that's built up at the bottom of the tanks ... badly affected customers would spread the word & go elsewhere.

    It's more likely that the cashiers are skimming people's points\rewards for themselves or others, Or no longer have the authority from Shell to issue them. Go back for more fuel, ask again for your points\rewards, and this time use your phone to record the conversation.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  17. #16
    coatesy's Avatar
    poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,901

    Re: Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    The garage will probably shut down for a day or two before they actually switch fuels to flush the tanks out! there's nothing worse than opening at a new site and dispensing the crap that's built up at the bottom of the tanks ... badly affected customers would spread the word & go elsewhere.

    It's more likely that the cashiers are skimming people's points\rewards for themselves or others, Or no longer have the authority from Shell to issue them. Go back for more fuel, ask again for your points\rewards, and this time use your phone to record the conversation.
    Nah its done now, I'd only end up punching her in the vage lol

    I could just take a dump and feed it through the night time window as its a 24 hour ...

    At least it wasn't a full tank so that's main thing. So I didn't get that ripped off. It just took the piss
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

    fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Charged the wrong amount for petrol!!!
    By MURRAYS444 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19th February 2010, 10:45
  2. Petrol prices who pays the lowest and where from
    By rhubarb4 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 1st May 2008, 21:42
  3. New Petrol station rip-off..........sort of!!
    By Nickynibbles in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th December 2007, 09:02
  4. Is this the most expensive petrol station in the UK?
    By Hotscar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 26th November 2007, 11:45
  5. Beware of Shell Petrol stations
    By Aldo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th April 2007, 16:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO