The French

Reload

Bird is the Word!
Reaction score
As my summer leave myself and the girlfriend have been driving down from Germany, through Luxembourg and France to Spain where I have family.
I really wanted to rant about French driving standards but just can't. On the motorways people stick to the speed limit and their lane discipline is brilliant! Could do with dragging some of the scrotes from the UK by the ear with a 'learn guys'.
Just to ensure I haven't gone completely soft, the French are all still peasants and communists and in cities still drive like dicks!

Oh my lord! You must be going soft. I drive through France regularly, and have experienced the same type of knobs as I encounter on the roads over here. I use the peripherique, our equivalent of the M25 and they drive like loonies on there.

In defence of you, I will admit the roads outside the main towns are quieter, and less traffic leads to calmer drivers.

I saw an accident once with a car, a caravan and a lorry. It closed the motorway, within 10 minutes a lorry with a crane had lifted all the vehicles and dumped them on the side of the road, and we were all on our way. How ace was that!

Anyway, just remember, the French have been saying that us Brits are cheats as we have won so many medals at the Olympics.

And remember, Agincourt.

I have to second that on the auto route driving standards. I think the cities are manic, but on the tolls the French make the middle lane clinging Brits look like amateurs.

At least they have the gonads to kick immigrants out. I will put up with their driving standards based on that alone.