Badger5Volks Autos
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: What do you hate???

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSasso View Post
    that freezing time between running from the bed to the shower and then between getting out of the shower and being dressed. BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dunno about you but for those few seconds between bed and shower I go through a sex change!
    Then when im in the warm shower I find myself shouting down yelling 'COME ONNNNN!'

2. # ADS
    ADS

6+1 Gears

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    Being stabbed in the back by so called work mates.
    Some times I just hate my job
    Oooohhh!!! This is universal! Never trust anyone at work! When hard times come, everyone is on its own.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Oooohhh!!! This is universal! Never trust anyone at work! When hard times come, everyone is on its own.
    Where I work people go out of there way to set you up/feed you with duff information then denial it.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Stickies in forums where the pictures are hosted by the user, the user shuts down picture hosting account and the pictures no longer works.
    jbh and Artimus like this.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I hate self centred idiots who work in an office with 15 other people and think that their room temperature/climate preference is more important than everybody else's!

This is what happens....

They go out for lunch... then they return to the office feeling warm because they've just walked half a mile.... and they think it's perfectly acceptable to open a window that is nowhere near their desk and freeze everyone else who has been sitting the office all day and are totally happy with the normal temperature they have been enjoying for hours.

Yeah that's right, just f*ck everybody else... you're hot... so the rest of us must freeze.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    And to make me hate her even more....

Like the rest of us, she's now feeling cold now - but instead of closing the window... she makes a steaming cup of coffee and puts her cardigan on!

Short Back

Status
    Office Jobs!
    ScottD3 and CHEZ like this.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I hate self centred idiots who work in an office with 15 other people and think that their room temperature/climate preference is more important than everybody else's!

This is what happens....

They go out for lunch... then they return to the office feeling warm because they've just walked half a mile.... and they think it's perfectly acceptable to open a window that is nowhere near their desk and freeze everyone else who has been sitting the office all day and are totally happy with the normal temperature they have been enjoying for hours.

Yeah that's right, just f*ck everybody else... you're hot... so the rest of us must freeze.
    Bad day at the office?
    1997 A4 Avant 110 TDi quattro
    1996 A4 Avant 110 TDi breaking

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Bad day at the office?
    Cold day at the office.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Ads, I feel your pain mate, I used to work with someone who im sure was going through 'the change' she just never admitted it!!!

Exactly the same as her to be honest, blowing hot one minute then cold the other and the temperature in the office was the same - so annoying!!!

I was always prepared though, I always had a wooly jumper with me NO MATTER WHAT, just in case
    Ads likes this.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilz View Post
    Ads, I feel your pain mate, I used to work with someone who im sure was going through 'the change' she just never admitted it!!!
    You might be on to something there mate... she's around that age.

moderately amusing

Status
    Ask her if she is going through the change! That will be funny, she will like that!
    Be prepared to duck when she lobs something though!
    Artimus likes this.

Short Back

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEZ View Post
    Ask her if she is going through the change! That will be funny, she will like that!
    Be prepared to duck when she lobs something though!
    Yea, she'll love it, and the bonus will be her thinking about changing her ways.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

3rd Gear

Status
    Applying for a new post/promotion,doing all the prep work only to be told someone better meets the criteria,when you know you are the equal to that said person...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

James

Status

This is what happens....

Haha this happens to me all the time! I work in construction so people in the office are constantly going out on site and then returning boiling hot from their big warm jacket and long walk. So the first thing they do is put the air con on to Antarctic setting! The problem is that they're sat underneath the air con unit and I'm sat opposite it, in direct line of fire of where it is blowing all the cold air. So whilst I'm absolutely freezing cold they're hardly feeling it!

There's a control switch on the wall next to one of the main culprits but I've come up with a far more cunning way of either turning the temperature up or switching the unit off altogether... using my phone! I downloaded a universal remote app, found the model of the air con unit and now have a total control over all the air con units in the office from the comfort of my own seat. Ha!
    jdp1962, jojo, Nilz and 3 others like this.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameze View Post
    I've come up with a far more cunning way of either turning the temperature up or switching the unit off altogether... using my phone! I downloaded a universal remote app, found the model of the air con unit and now have a total control over all the air con units in the office from the comfort of my own seat. Ha!
    You, my friend, are a genius. And one that I am going to copy.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Jameze, that is an amazing idea!!!

Chez, I mentioned 'in passing' to a colleague when the window situation happened at our place that she must be going through the change, it came out loud enough for her to hear it as well and oh my.......it was TANTRUM city!!!!
    ScottD3, Jameze, CHEZ and 1 others like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Working Sundays. It's the 3rd weekend in a row I have worked.

4th Gear

Status
    More or less everything...
    jojo, warren_S5 and ScottD3 like this.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    Ditto!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

5th Gear

Status
    That's more like it.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Miserable sod!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by markos72 View Post
    Applying for a new post/promotion,doing all the prep work only to be told someone better meets the criteria,when you know you are the equal to that said person...
    It's not who you know, it's who you blow

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    messy council workers that keep leaving nails lying at their backsides!! 2 punctures this morning both tyres have nails in them!!
    1997 A4 Avant 110 TDi quattro
    1996 A4 Avant 110 TDi breaking

Neutral

Status
    Haha this happens to me all the time! I work in construction so people in the office are constantly going out on site and then returning boiling hot from their big warm jacket and long walk. So the first thing they do is put the air con on to Antarctic setting! The problem is that they're sat underneath the air con unit and I'm sat opposite it, in direct line of fire of where it is blowing all the cold air. So whilst I'm absolutely freezing cold they're hardly feeling it!

There's a control switch on the wall next to one of the main culprits but I've come up with a far more cunning way of either turning the temperature up or switching the unit off altogether... using my phone! I downloaded a universal remote app, found the model of the air con unit and now have a total control over all the air con units in the office from the comfort of my own seat. Ha!

What is the make and model of the indoor units and are they infra red or hard wired controllers? (presume they are infra red for this to work?)

Status
    BT Vision buying up sports from established TV channels. I FLATLY refuse to buy anymore f*****g subscription (on top of TV licence / Sky 3D HD & phone & broadband / Xbox Live / Playstation Plus / iTunes Match / Netflix / Strava / Google Picasa additional storage / British Cycling......).

James

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S Liner View Post
    What is the make and model of the indoor units and are they infra red or hard wired controllers? (presume they are infra red for this to work?)
    I'm not sure without looking but it looks like the Mitsubishi MSY series units. It has a wired control unit on the wall below each air con unit but they also have their own IR port on the AC unit themselves. I've never seen a remote control in the office though so assume they never came with them. Thinking of investing in one...?

5th Gear

Status
    Getting all the stuff out ready to give the car a good clean then it rains.

Boo!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    BT Vision buying up sports from established TV channels. I FLATLY refuse to buy anymore f*****g subscription (on top of TV licence / Sky 3D HD & phone & broadband / Xbox Live / Playstation Plus / iTunes Match / Netflix / Strava / Google Picasa additional storage / British Cycling......).

With respect warren, I think it’s down to the BBC wasting money on tedious programmes all year, and not sharing or having any money left for motorsport programmes?

Don’t get my wrong, i too wish the BBC had F1 MotoGP and WRC , but if they don’t want to pay for them, im happy BT have got MotoGP and not Sky.

sad days

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    With respect warren, I think it’s down to the BBC wasting money on tedious programmes all year, and not sharing or having any money left for motorsport programmes?

Don’t get my wrong, i too wish the BBC had F1 MotoGP and WRC , but if they don’t want to pay for them, im happy BT have got MotoGP and not Sky.

sad days
    Problem is I have to pay BBC licence whether they make **** TV or not, maybe when Noel Edmunds (who doesn't have a TV licence) buys them out that will change for the better! ..... can you imagine :-0

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    Dickheads who block up keep clear boxes when sat in traffic causing other people to wait for there stupidity actions to shift there arses out of it so you can clear the backlog behind you for them to the call you a ****er for doing jack sh1t wrong because they jump on the band wagon knowing there in the wrong
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

Neutral

Status
    I'm not sure without looking but it looks like the Mitsubishi MSY series units. It has a wired control unit on the wall below each air con unit but they also have their own IR port on the AC unit themselves. I've never seen a remote control in the office though so assume they never came with them. Thinking of investing in one...?
    If they are M series they would have come with an infra red but as they have installed hard wired they would have taken the ir's for spares.
    The universal remotes have been out for years, but haven't heard of this app yet, in the trade myself so will have to look out for this.
    Does the display (temp etc) change on the hard wired controller when you change the settings via your app?
    If you also have problems with people setting the temp too cold, this can be limited to a minimum (eg 22 instead of 19 if you are on a PAR-21/30 controller)

James

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S Liner View Post
    If they are M series they would have come with an infra red but as they have installed hard wired they would have taken the ir's for spares.
    The universal remotes have been out for years, but haven't heard of this app yet, in the trade myself so will have to look out for this.
    Does the display (temp etc) change on the hard wired controller when you change the settings via your app?
    If you also have problems with people setting the temp too cold, this can be limited to a minimum (eg 22 instead of 19 if you are on a PAR-21/30 controller)
    The app itself isn't specific for air conditioning units, it's just an app in the Google Play store called Smart IR Remote that let's you control almost any device. I initially bought it for my TV but then saw Air Con units in the list of devices and gave it a go.

That was my only problem which was I couldn't actually see the settings I was changing. So I had buttons to control the on / off, the fan speed, temp up, temp down etc but I couldn't actually see what the temperature was. I mainly used it for switching the unit on or off when I got too hot / cold

Keeping this thread on topic anyway... I hate moss!!! Grass has been scarified, seeding in a couple of weeks and hoping for the best for summer!
    S Liner likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    My dad's 1 finger typing.
    Ads and Jameze like this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Cyclists that join onto moving traffic without looking, like they have instant right of way! One way ticket to an early death, with the motorist to get the blame afterwards! Does my nut in!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

James

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Hahaha that made me laugh! Do you sit there trying your hardest to ignore it, when all you want to do is move him out of the way and type for him yourself??

It's not just one finger typing either, it's a proper JAB! Loud, repetitive, slow... JAB... JAB... JAB...

ARGHHHHHHHHHH! Haha
    Ads likes this.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Hahaha that made me laugh! Do you sit there trying your hardest to ignore it, when all you want to do is move him out of the way and type for him yourself??

It's not just one finger typing either, it's a proper JAB! Loud, repetitive, slow... JAB... JAB... JAB...

ARGHHHHHHHHHH! Haha

**RANT ALERT**

A guy at work types like this too. He's famous in the office for working very long hours and every weekend... the bosses love him for this. But it's his slow typing that makes it necessary.... I could do his work in 10% of the time he takes.

I wouldn't mind so much if he used one finger from each hand.... but he actually uses ONE finger (i.e. only the one on his right hand)... and it doesn't matter whether it's to press a key that is waaay on the left or a key that is waaaaayyy on the right. The mileage his hand clocks up must be mental!
    And the final nail in the coffin for me.... it's the middle finger he uses. I mean... WTF is that about!! Even though he's obviously a weirdo, at least have the decency to be a bit less of a weirdo and use your index finger like all of the other single-finger-typer weirdos.

Watching him dance around his keyboard typing words like P-R-O-D-U-C-E does my head in!!!

James

Status
    **RANT ALERT**

A guy at work types like this too. He's famous in the office for working very long hours and every weekend... the bosses love him for this. But it's his slow typing that makes it necessary.... I could do his work in 10% of the time he takes.

I wouldn't mind so much if he used one finger from each hand.... but he actually uses ONE finger (i.e. only the one on his right hand)... and it doesn't matter whether it's to press a key that is waaay on the left or a key that is waaaaayyy on the right. The mileage his hand clocks up must be mental! And the final nail in the coffin for me.... it's the middle finger he uses. I mean... WTF is that about!! Even though he's obviously a weirdo, at least have the decency to be a bit less of a weirdo and use your index finger like all of the other single-finger-typer weirdos.

Watching him dance around his keyboard typing words like P-R-O-D-U-C-E does my head in!!!
    Love it! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.

He must have a fit when he needs to use the Shift key. Does he call for reinforcements? Does he have a person to do all his 'shifting' for him??

I just typed most of this with one finger... it felt so naughty

3rd Gear

Status

Just asked dad what lone finger he slowly jabs away with on the right hand, it's the MIDDLE !

James

Status

Just asked dad what lone finger he slowly jabs away with on the right hand, it's the MIDDLE !

Does he work long hours too??