What do you hate???

Food shopping at Xmas time. Why oh why do people need so much bread? It is Xmas, not Bread week. ***

Idiot drivers. Driving to work in the torrential rain minding my own business pootling along at 70 giving myself a reasonable braking gap, Honda Civic joins from Basingstoke, indicates into the middle lane, pulls in, then without warning or indication pulls into my lane at at least 20mph less than me. Emergency brake, butt cheeks clenching like mad, they then proceed to stay in the outside lane doing 60mph despite the 2 inside lanes being empty and nothing in front of them for 1/2 a mile.

I know, I know, we all hate idiot drivers but this one really got my goat.

when i buy something expensive and then realise i could have got it far cheaper else where

car isurance companies and there automated renewal letters telling you that you dont need to do a thing, and that everything is just the same as last year, but has gone up a couple of quid!
yet when i go on certain comparison sites to find a better price, THE EXACT SAME COMPANY I AM WITH NOW, will do exactly the same policy for over £300 quid less!............................ WTF :keule:

do they think we are all stupid or something!

Reactions: Arrkon and shariain
car isurance companies and there automated renewal letters telling you that you dont need to do a thing, and that everything is just the same as last year, but has gone up a couple of quid!
yet when i go on certain comparison sites to find a better price, THE EXACT SAME COMPANY I AM WITH NOW, will do exactly the same policy for over £300 quid less!............................ WTF :keule:

do they think we are all stupid or something!

They expect you to be a loyal customer, and stay with them with the 300 increase!

Being Pulled over for "Drifting" the Jaguar XF I have at the moment, despite it being accidental, caused by (what i can only assume to be) spilled diesel on a wet roundabout and driving a High Torque RWD car.... :angrymod:

Didn't seem to want me to show him what it would have looked like if i was doing it on purpose :eyebrows:

Reactions: shariain
Idiot drivers. Driving to work in the torrential rain minding my own business pootling along at 70 giving myself a reasonable braking gap, Honda Civic joins from Basingstoke, indicates into the middle lane, pulls in, then without warning or indication pulls into my lane at at least 20mph less than me. Emergency brake, butt cheeks clenching like mad, they then proceed to stay in the outside lane doing 60mph despite the 2 inside lanes being empty and nothing in front of them for 1/2 a mile.

I know, I know, we all hate idiot drivers but this one really got my goat.

Yes, it is a common problem, people join the motorway and seem to think they have to go straight into the outside lane. Had one earlier, M25 near to A10 turning, just swept straight across without a care in the world, caused a HGV to brake and nearly clattered into the side of me in the outside lane.

It is times like this that test my patience. I decided not to flash, or beep my horn, instead I waited patiently, really patiently and eventually he pulled back into the middle lane. I overtook him, and then moved across to the middle lane as well, in order to give his car a nice clean with the spray being caused by the torrential rain pour.

I then drove decidedly carefully, who knows what people have been drinking for lunch now it is Xmas time.

Can I just also say, does the A3 have a mechanical issue with the accelerator pedal? I only ask because they are always flying past me at over 90mph, come rain or shine, empty or crowded roads, and even on Sundays.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyH38
Life

Having to say good bye to a loved one.

Having to tell the kids.

Not knowing how to deal with the grief and not wanting to leave the bed side knowing it will be the final time you see them. Hoping you will remember how they looked and the fun times you had with them growing up.

Love you always and will never forget.

Rip dad.

Love you.

Can I just also say, does the A3 have a mechanical issue with the accelerator pedal? I only ask because they are always flying past me at over 90mph, come rain or shine, empty or crowded roads, and even on Sundays.
that would be the 3dr variety then, as SB drivers are all grown up & sensible. :whistle2:

Life

Having to tell the kids.

Not knowing how to deal with the grief and not wanting to leave the bed side knowing it will be the final time you see them. Hoping you will remember how they looked and the fun times you had with them growing up.

Rip dad.

Love you.

RIP

Light grey jogging bottoms when you drop a cup into the sink.it splashes and it looks like you have peed yourself.

Life

Having to tell the kids.

Rip dad.

Love you.

was gonna post something to moan about then read this and made it seem ridiculous. ****ing hell, RIP.

Reactions: hughjass and shariain
Life

Having to tell the kids.

Rip dad.

Love you.

RIP

Life

Having to tell the kids.

Rip dad.

Love you.

Thoughts are with you and the family Iain. I had this just 2 weeks ago so know where your coming from. I hope you and the family manage to have a good Christmas. xx

Pre-Hangover Hangovers

I'm never drinking again. :(

until boxing day, to celebrate my mates birthday ...it's be rude not to. :)

Then I'm never drinkig again ...again. I need sleep. :(

Loud voiced single Yummy Mummys roaming in pairs, cluttering up Costa coffee shops with their all terrain 4 x 4 baby buggies clogging up the gangway, who think its OK to take over a table for 4 for about an hour, maybe buying a couple of skinny lattes and then fumble in the nappy bags for baby food and proceed to feed their screeching offspring. God help you if there is a brat that walks and uses the cafe as a playground running about geting under everybodys feet. One day somebody is going to drop a tray of hot drink all over it then it will really scream. The really grimy Chav versions will be overweight and with tramp stamps displayed upon acres of bulging flesh, will nip,out for a fag from time to time. How the yucky ones manage all this on benefits defies me. All is peace until about 9.30am when they crawl in from dumping their other offspring at the nursery and pad out their days in Poundland and buying trash jewellery.
Thank goodness for the Costa branches with an upstairs and no lift, better still the one with a spiral staircase. Also the nicer eating places ban buggies and make no provison whatsover for kids ie no highchairs - ah heaven. A tip for peace: carry a set of earplugs or some really effective earphones, works for me.

Reactions: TonyH38
Loud voiced single Yummy Mummys roaming in pairs, cluttering up Costa coffee shops with their all terrain 4 x 4 baby buggies clogging up the gangway, who think its OK to take over a table for 4 for about an hour, maybe buying a couple of skinny lattes and then fumble in the nappy bags for baby food and proceed to feed their screeching offspring. God help you if there is a brat that walks and uses the cafe as a playground running about geting under everybodys feet. One day somebody is going to drop a tray of hot drink all over it then it will really scream. The really grimy Chav versions will be overweight and with tramp stamps displayed upon acres of bulging flesh, will nip,out for a fag from time to time. How the yucky ones manage all this on benefits defies me. All is peace until about 9.30am when they crawl in from dumping their other offspring at the nursery and pad out their days in Poundland and buying trash jewellery.
Thank goodness for the Costa branches with an upstairs and no lift, better still the one with a spiral staircase. Also the nicer eating places ban buggies and make no provison whatsover for kids ie no highchairs - ah heaven. A tip for peace: carry a set of earplugs or some really effective earphones, works for me.

I hear you. The Costa in the town centre where I work doesn't attract "yummy mummies", more like "chubby chavs". They sit their puffing on fags, shouting at other young chavs as they walk past with their pushchairs. They are there every day. I suspect most of them are living off the state. They can afford a cappuccino and fags, whereas I work full time and have to give it a miss as it is a luxury.

Pregnant women who choose to smoke whilst still carrying!

I was very close to refusing to serve a 'regular' customer, it made me sick! It was a couple who come almost weekly, she was heavily pregnant, I'm guessing 6months+, and after ordering, both of them stepped out in the freezing cold to light up! :sadlike:

Life

Having to tell the kids.

Rip dad.

Love you.

Having read this I suggest we all cease responding and the subject be closed. There is nothing that can compare with this sentiment and we should collectively hold our heads in shame for whingeing about the petty things in life. I will be the first to regret my selfish posting, are you thinking twice about complaining? I hope so.

Having read this I suggest we all cease responding and the subject be closed. There is nothing that can compare with this sentiment and we should collectively hold our heads in shame for whingeing about the petty things in life. I will be the first to regret my selfish posting, are you thinking twice about complaining? I hope so.

Come on, get real. This thread and it's posts are nothing but a light hearted bit of typing.

As sad as shariain's post is do you really think we should be ashamed of ourselves for writing about being irritated by far less important things?? I don't.

Anyway, back to what I hate.... when people get all moral about stuff when it's really not at all necessary.

You are not obligated to read further posts in this section.

Please don't stop on my behalf.

It might put life in perspective but I said what I felt at the time and just so everyone knows I take this thread with light hearted humour.

DODGY HID RETROFITS!!!!! Nearly all the private hire taxi drivers in Leeds seem to have these fitted. Not only are they BRIGHT purple, but they completely blind you. You have to slow down sometimes when you pass one coming towards you because you genuinely can't see where you're going, it's ridiculous.

I hate being a chef at this time of year, cooking food for lots of happy people out with their mates, having fun the B£^%*&"s whilst I'm stuck in a hot stressful kitchen not seeing my wife, family and friends. That should make me feel better for a little bit lol

Couples that talk to each other using Facebook updates when they are sat next to each other. Get a ****ing life!