Another kick in the swingers!

Reload

Bird is the Word!
Reaction score
Just been checking out the budget, another 3p on fuel duty from August. Add VAT to that (getting taxed on your tax, brilliant!) making it 3.6p per litre! So the cost of my petrol habit is sure to go up by £1.60 a tank, so chuffed! Just chuck more tax on cigarettes, I quit smoking ages ago!
Rant over, thanks

because it's highly likely they've forgotten what it feels like to pull out your own wallet and pay for fuel from your own bank account (rather than putting it on expenses), they have no sense of what putting £80-£100 of fuel in your tank every week feels like.

if you're going to tax us off the road, present us with at least one viable alternative form of transport (we don't all have drivers and expense accounts to fund drop us from door to door)

absolutely deluded, and obviously have NO care or idea of the broader implications on the country as the price of fuel doesn't just affect the driver, it hits the price of everything.

they're *******!

I'm lucky in that I don't commute to work in my car, I really feel for those that do as they have no choice. I have been with the fairfuel campaign for about a year now but this is no reason to stop trying to make our voices heard. Would be nice to see the election promised 'fuel stabiliser' though.

It used to be that the basic rate of tax was how money was raised, now it appears to be fuel that takes the hit.

In fact they will find any way possible of raising tax to avoid increasing the basic rate of tax.

Anyway, if I am going bankrupt it will be driving my A4 Cab when and where I want. Every time I fill up I will think of those poor young single mums unable to work, who need me to pay tax so they can buy Iphone 4s. And I shall think of all those benefit claimants who havent worked for 10 years or more. I really feel for them, it is more tiring sitting on your **** all day than it is going out to work. I tried it when I had a week off work. It was tiring having to decide what channel to watch.

Reactions: w1llssm1th and Andi25th
^lol

Really not good, fuel prices is taking the biscuit, it has such a negative effect on everything else it's unreal. I put £115 in my van today, almost cried.

Shame there's not alot we can do about it as we all rely on it so much

Aye, its a shame.

Wait a minute. They are upping the tax threshold aren't they? Oh yeah, so if I burn through 117 litres of petrol every week, I am just as poor as I was before today. Forgot about that?

But I do smoke too admittedly, and they threw 37p onto that too. So if I drive through 50 litres per week, and smoke through 20 fags a day, I am still as poor as I was yesterday.

Maybe I should give up smoking though. Then I can have more money every week than I did yesterday in my bank. Problem there is, if everyone does that, that 37p will still have to be got somewhere. Along with the rest of the tax they take on cigarettes, so where will that come from? More expensive fuel no doubt. Or increased income tax.

Happy with the way things are tbh. I'll have more money in my pocket every week now. Thanks Cameron.

^lol

Really not good, fuel prices is taking the biscuit, it has such a negative effect on everything else it's unreal. I put £115 in my van today, almost cried.

Shame there's not alot we can do about it as we all rely on it so much

Its beyond a joke. I put 100 in my van every 2 days.

And 42p on cigarettes?

Im quitting starting from tomorrow lol

Another new tax has been brought in too.....(I love this one. You couldn't make it up).....from now on, warm takeaway fast-food is going to be taxed!!!!!!

and for warm, that means anything above ambient temperature. Unbelievable!

Another new tax has been brought in too.....(I love this one. You couldn't make it up).....from now on, warm takeaway fast-food is going to be taxed!!!!!!

and for warm, that means anything above ambient temperature. Unbelievable!

Lol, Scott is going to be devastated to hear his pasties will be going up in price!!!

This country is such a Mickey take, no matter how little or much you earn, our government will ensure that we all all feel poor!!