An impassioned request to all forum users

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
When you have a question about how your car works, before rushing to start a thread and waiting for someone else to do your thinking for you, please, please, please read your owner's manual first, to see if the answer is already there.

Thank you.

(That is all. Rant over.)

Yeah, must remember not to ask a car related question on here.

Yeah, must remember not to ask a car related question on here.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that, as well you know. I'm just trying to encourage people to think a little bit for themselves first. After all, you could be wating a while for someone to come along and reply to your question when the answer was in your hands all along.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that, as well you know. I'm just trying to encourage people to think a little bit for themselves first. After all, you could be wating a while for someone to come along and reply to your question when the answer was in your hands all along.

To be honest Jeff, it works both ways. You 'DON'T' have to offer your help and reply to every single thread. Really depends how helpful you want to be, in your own time.

In the past, I would literally go through every single thread and try to answer much as I can when I was available, but there's a lot of helpful members out there, so I hardly do as much, which is good for me, since I'm more busier in my personal life these days than ever before!

We was all newbies once, and I remember asking silling questions in the beginning, but would automatically use the 'search' function on different forums now, since I know how to.