Freeview Digital Signal - at last

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve as we finally get a digital Freeview signal tomorrow :yahoo:

Had Sky then Freesat HD in the Lounge for several years, but been bl**dy annoying only having 4 channels (yep, no Channel 5 analogue signal) in the bedroom and kitchen.

Treated myself to two new Samsung 22 inch series 5 LED TVs which are on the wall all ready and waiting....

I thought everyone had it now? I remember we couldnt get channel 5 untill we got a digital signal. Sure ive had a digital singnal since 2002 back in the old 'on digital/itv digital' days.

****** hell Jase, where do you live. The outback?

I feel guilty telling you yes you'll get more channels, but in the main they are much worse than the other 4!

I feel guilty telling you yes you'll get more channels, but in the main they are much worse than the other 4!

Get out! Ch5 has the occasional good film, but it's repeated for a few weeks for month, Film4 is a pretty handy channel for free, along with ITV2. depends on what you watch?

Screw freeview at home though, signal is crap, I'm better off just using TVcatchup on my ipad2!

Ha! It's just the Meridian TV area - so central south coast. Some houses round here can get the London signal from Crystal Palace but I can't due to the combination of being in a dip and behind some 50 ft evergreen trees. Allegedly it's one of the last areas as it'd been one of the most complicated to do due to the transmitter setup - which is why we never had analogue Channel 5. And our area is the first of the many Meridian transmitters/relays being done (Hannington), others have to wait even longer.

I'm aware from my mum's that most of the extra channels are rubbish, but Pick TV aka Sky 3 does show repeats of Road Wars and you can't get that on Freesat. Also it means I won't have to watch Match of the Day again on Sunday morning and can continue watching breakfast on the BBC News channel. Oh, what an exciting life I lead!

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the 21st century. Where are you, on Hayling Island? Thats like stepping back in time, cheap petrol though.

Hey welcome to the 21st century. Where are you, on Hayling Island? Thats like stepping back in time, cheap petrol though.
Nope, I live about 3 miles south of M3 junction 4, close to Farnborough. Not exactly the middle of nowhere!

Well the first few digital channels are all working well (all the BBC stuff), only 1 more week to go and then we get all the rest of them. February 22nd we will finally be in the 21st Century!

Good to hear you got it Jason we have to wait till around October time apparently, got sky+ hd at the moment but it's not great, only have it for the sports so as soon as freeview comes I'll be getting that, then just pay for sports on top.

Hmm, well having had Pick TV, Yesterday and Film 4 for the past 2 weeks, they've now disappeared! PickTV was the only one I was interested in as it's not on Freesat so was my only source of endless repeats of RoadWars :)

I'm so excited I had to rake this old thread up again.

With the second switch completed today in the London area I've got Pick TV, Dave, Film 4 back again. So have a full compliment of Freeview TV and radio channels. Yippee. Obviously getting those missing ones from London.

And yes, I do need to get out more....

Last edited: