Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Ebay - Look at what this *$@%# is listing for sale

Why are there people like this......

BREAKING AUDI A4 B7 1.9TDI B.K.E | eBay
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Sorry, what's the problem with that listing? I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Ah, you're talking about the listing being for a locking wheel nut.
    They only do this in case someone bids on the item and wants to try and claim that they have won the entire car for 2p
    All breakers do it this way.

5th Gear

Status
    Its broken though!!!!!! Well thats the way it reads to me. 'A broken locking wheel nut'.

I'll have a bit of a think and come back later with a reason why I might want to buy a 'broken' locking wheel nut. Just now it escapes me

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    Its broken though!!!!!! Well thats the way it reads to me. 'A broken locking wheel nut'.

I'll have a bit of a think and come back later with a reason why I might want to buy a 'broken' locking wheel nut. Just now it escapes me
    I think you're missing the point mate. The listing is to sell parts from a car they are breaking. They don't want anyone to bid on the item, they just want people to contact them to buy parts.
    The best way for them to stop people bidding is by listing it as something that no one will want to buy.... i.e. a broken locking wheel nut.

5th Gear

Status
    Seems a very strange way to attract business to me. Maybe I am missing the point, call me old fashioned. Guess who I won't be using for bits

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    They all do it in the same way so I guess you won't be buying any bits from any breakers on ebay then.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Seems normal to me, I've seen hundred of these adverts for all makes and model of cars. The idea is to just call the person up and ask for what you need, they don't want to break ebay rules, so this is the loophole way pf advertising on ebay about a car breaking.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Seems normal to me, I've seen hundred of these adverts for all makes and model of cars. The idea is to just call the person up and ask for what you need, they don't want to break ebay rules, so this is the loophole way pf advertising on ebay about a car breaking.
    OK, I guess I've just never taken much notice to how these breakers work. Now its been explained as it has, I can see the worth in it for the dealer. Hey, I can't know everything, but I'm pretty close

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

6th Gear

Status
    It's well dodgy! I paid 1p for a broken locking wheel nut but they want 3p. Rip off merchants.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    It's well dodgy! I paid 1p for a broken locking wheel nut but they want 3p. Rip off merchants.
    That's why it's had no bids.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Seems a very strange way to attract business to me. Maybe I am missing the point, call me old fashioned. Guess who I won't be using for bits
    Yup youv missed it alrite lmao. Basically its just advertisement, an easy way for people to see they have a whole car to break, maybe it escapes you but its quite simple really lol

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    Yup youv missed it alrite lmao. Basically its just advertisement, an easy way for people to see they have a whole car to break, maybe it escapes you but its quite simple really lol
    Yes, yes I get that now. No need to take the piss

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    What it seems like is that this person is a scammer and thinks that if they place a photo of a nice car and state in the description that its only for a lock nut that some silly poor soul will NOT read the full description and place a high bid on it thinking he or she is getting a full car but not realizing they are just about to win a bid for a broken nut that they may have just placed 100.00quid on. IMO lol

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by supanova View Post
    What it seems like is that this person is a scammer and thinks that if they place a photo of a nice car and state in the description that its only for a lock nut that some silly poor soul will NOT read the full description and place a high bid on it thinking he or she is getting a full car but not realizing they are just about to win a bid for a broken nut that they may have just placed 100.00quid on. IMO lol
    Think you missed the point aswel dude lmao

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Yes, yes I get that now. No need to take the piss
    Lol sorry dude

Ads
    License to drive

Status

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Its a really cheap way for them to advertise, and its a good way to find bits without trawling all the brakers

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    its an advertising trick, the dont pay much for that listing and they get to sell all the other bits for the car, many people have used it!