Ebay - Look at what this *$@%# is listing for sale

Ah, you're talking about the listing being for a locking wheel nut.
They only do this in case someone bids on the item and wants to try and claim that they have won the entire car for 2p :lmfao:
All breakers do it this way.

Its broken though!!!!!! Well thats the way it reads to me. 'A broken locking wheel nut'.

I'll have a bit of a think and come back later with a reason why I might want to buy a 'broken' locking wheel nut. Just now it escapes me :)

Its broken though!!!!!! Well thats the way it reads to me. 'A broken locking wheel nut'.

I'll have a bit of a think and come back later with a reason why I might want to buy a 'broken' locking wheel nut. Just now it escapes me :)

:laugh: I think you're missing the point mate. The listing is to sell parts from a car they are breaking. They don't want anyone to bid on the item, they just want people to contact them to buy parts.
The best way for them to stop people bidding is by listing it as something that no one will want to buy.... i.e. a broken locking wheel nut.

Seems a very strange way to attract business to me. Maybe I am missing the point, call me old fashioned. Guess who I won't be using for bits

They all do it in the same way so I guess you won't be buying any bits from any breakers on ebay then. :happy:

Seems normal to me, I've seen hundred of these adverts for all makes and model of cars. The idea is to just call the person up and ask for what you need, they don't want to break ebay rules, so this is the loophole way pf advertising on ebay about a car breaking.

Seems normal to me, I've seen hundred of these adverts for all makes and model of cars. The idea is to just call the person up and ask for what you need, they don't want to break ebay rules, so this is the loophole way pf advertising on ebay about a car breaking.

OK, I guess I've just never taken much notice to how these breakers work. Now its been explained as it has, I can see the worth in it for the dealer. Hey, I can't know everything, but I'm pretty close ;)

It's well dodgy! I paid 1p for a broken locking wheel nut but they want 3p. Rip off merchants.

Seems a very strange way to attract business to me. Maybe I am missing the point, call me old fashioned. Guess who I won't be using for bits

Yup youv missed it alrite lmao. Basically its just advertisement, an easy way for people to see they have a whole car to break, maybe it escapes you but its quite simple really lol

Yup youv missed it alrite lmao. Basically its just advertisement, an easy way for people to see they have a whole car to break, maybe it escapes you but its quite simple really lol

Yes, yes I get that now. No need to take the **** :noway:

What it seems like is that this person is a scammer and thinks that if they place a photo of a nice car and state in the description that its only for a lock nut that some silly poor soul will NOT read the full description and place a high bid on it thinking he or she is getting a full car but not realizing they are just about to win a bid for a broken nut that they may have just placed 100.00quid on. IMO lol

What it seems like is that this person is a scammer and thinks that if they place a photo of a nice car and state in the description that its only for a lock nut that some silly poor soul will NOT read the full description and place a high bid on it thinking he or she is getting a full car but not realizing they are just about to win a bid for a broken nut that they may have just placed 100.00quid on. IMO lol

Think you missed the point aswel dude lmao

point.jpg

Its a really cheap way for them to advertise, and its a good way to find bits without trawling all the brakers