Chris NottVolks Autos
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    A3 T's Avatar
    Lord Of The Rings

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Exclamation Bit Of a Rant :-(

    After an already stressful day, I was doing a right at a set of traffic lights and pulled forward well enough to allow the traffic behind me to flow.

    After about three cars passed i felt a bit of a shove and heard a load of swearing so i looked behind me and a van has scuffed my bumper and was driving off as fast as he could, so i did a quick U turn but by the time i did he had already disappeared.

    This is what the f**kers done:


    Scuff ?

    What scares me most is that my other half said “isn't that what bumpers are for”
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    The Doctor's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,194
    What a wonderful place this world is sometimes.

  4. #3
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,425
    Quote Originally Posted by A3 T View Post

    [SIZE=4]What scares me most is that my other half said “isn't that what bumpers are for”
    I know the feeling mate...



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!



  5. #4
    reptor245's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    1,150
    Thats nothing.. I was parked in a car park last sunday and the joker next to me was parked well over the while lines. I kinda had a feeling something might happen so i took a pic on my phone of him and me parked side by side. Clearly showed him over the white line and his reg. Anyways when i came back to the car, he had scuffed the whole height of my drives front corner bumper. Was like someone has white washed the whole corner.. So i i printed off the pictures, went to report it to the cops and guess what......THEY WOULDNT DO **** ABOUT IT Because there was no whitneses. I said "how about going to the guys house and see my blue paint on his white bumper" they couldnt do that as it would be my word against theres.


    I managed to t-cut it off and you cant tell now. So on my way out of the cop shop i said "kewl, thanks for that, i will trash someone else car and so long as no-one see`s me doing it, you cant do ****"

    Tossers...
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Swindon, Wilts, England, UK, Europe, THE WORLD
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by reptor245 View Post

    I managed to t-cut it off and you cant tell now. So on my way out of the cop shop i said "kewl, thanks for that, i will trash someone else car and so long as no-one see`s me doing it, you cant do ****"

    Tossers...
    Cant condone that sort of behaviour but I know where your coming from flippin' Rozzers are only interested if there is an income to be made out of it.

  7. #6
    Dan-Jnr's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    669
    Not good, and is very annoying when things like this happen to paintwork.
    Next time if a van is behind you let them wait to make your turn.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

  8. #7
    reptor245's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by lippyrich View Post
    Cant condone that sort of behaviour but I know where your coming from flippin' Rozzers are only interested if there is an income to be made out of it.
    What annoyed me the most was i had a bloody photo of the car and reg number parked inches away from mine. AND they only had to go drive passed the guy and see a dominant blue on while car. I said to the cops "if i had hit him, would i be stood here now complaining?"

    Makes you think no faith in the cops and they wonder why people take the law into there own hands...grrrr.
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Swindon, Wilts, England, UK, Europe, THE WORLD
    Posts
    51
    I am surprised they never had you or at least warned you for threatening behaviour (some trumped up section 5 offence) because they could see you had money.

  10. #9
    Lee172's Avatar
    GT3071

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wimbledon
    Posts
    431
    I had something similar happen to me when i had an a3... come out one morning and noticed somebody had hit the passenger door and front wing to the point where the door wouldnt open properly. Rang police/insurance company to be told neither could do anything as there was no witnesses or any one to claim off. To add to that when i was sorting out the insurance for the s3, with a different company. They told me i had a claim on my record to the value of £2000. Tried to rectify this with previous insurance company but they werent interested.

  11. #10
    A3 T's Avatar
    Lord Of The Rings

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,007
    What's annoying is we spend loads of time choosing cleaning products, claying ....etc to get the paintwork the best we can then some f*cker comes along a f*cks it all up without a care in the world
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

  12. #11
    reptor245's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    1,150
    Agreed. An you can bet your bottom dollar that if you hit someone else car, you would be arrested on the spot..Typical english justice. Only works for scum bags.
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

  13. #12
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    240
    Why don't you produce a whitness of you own, just get a mate to tell them he saw it happen when he came out of the shop, if the bloke can hit your car and drive away, why can't you make up a whitness? Eye for an eye I reckon.

  14. #13
    mk1chopper's Avatar
    Missing the S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,095
    In the police's eyes you photo proves nothing apart from the fact you parked next to that car. If I had a photo of me stood next to a top super model I doubt you take that as evidence that i was sleeping with her would you? If the car park has CCTV that may provide you with the evidence you'd need.

  15. #14
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by reptor245 View Post
    Agreed. An you can bet your bottom dollar that if you hit someone else car, you would be arrested on the spot..Typical english justice. Only works for scum bags.
    Only if you're drunk, disqualified or wanted for something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by ayfreetee View Post
    Why don't you produce a whitness of you own, just get a mate to tell them he saw it happen when he came out of the shop, if the bloke can hit your car and drive away, why can't you make up a whitness? Eye for an eye I reckon.
    You can go to prison for a long time for perverting the course of justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by mk1chopper View Post
    In the police's eyes you photo proves nothing apart from the fact you parked next to that car. If I had a photo of me stood next to a top super model I doubt you take that as evidence that i was sleeping with her would you? If the car park has CCTV that may provide you with the evidence you'd need.
    This is correct.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  16. #15
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by reptor245 View Post
    Thats nothing.. I was parked in a car park last sunday and the joker next to me was parked well over the while lines. I kinda had a feeling something might happen so i took a pic on my phone of him and me parked side by side. Clearly showed him over the white line and his reg. Anyways when i came back to the car, he had scuffed the whole height of my drives front corner bumper. Was like someone has white washed the whole corner.. So i i printed off the pictures, went to report it to the cops and guess what......THEY WOULDNT DO **** ABOUT IT Because there was no whitneses. I said "how about going to the guys house and see my blue paint on his white bumper" they couldnt do that as it would be my word against theres.


    I managed to t-cut it off and you cant tell now. So on my way out of the cop shop i said "kewl, thanks for that, i will trash someone else car and so long as no-one see`s me doing it, you cant do ****"

    Tossers...
    just report the registration to the police as a car acting suspiciously next to kids playgrounds
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. IT rant
    By ScottD3 in forum Rants & Raves
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th February 2011, 16:27
  2. Rant
    By voorhees in forum Rants & Raves
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st May 2010, 21:01
  3. Rant
    By PMJ in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19th February 2010, 23:19
  4. BIT OF A RANT
    By yellow peril in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12th December 2009, 08:07
  5. Just need a little rant
    By mtwallet28 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28th August 2009, 22:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO