Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 63 of 63
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Racism, racism blah blah blah

  1. #41
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    Whether I put blah blah or etc etc, I didn't say it wasn't a serious matter, my rant was about hypocrisy in racism. I know racism is a terrible thing and would love to see it irradiated, can't see it happening in my lifetime. We all need to act like children, they don't see colour or creed, we as a people breed racism.
    The pc brigade need to relax a little or maybe they to be balanced, maybe they're the people I'm annoyed at.

    And I wish people would elaborate on a possible disagreement instead of just disliking a thread, how am I meant to know whats possibly upset you, my grammar, my use of the word cheese?

    Cheers Kai

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    Whether I put blah blah or etc etc, I didn't say it wasn't a serious matter, my rant was about hypocrisy in racism. I know racism is a terrible thing and would love to see it irradiated, can't see it happening in my lifetime. We all need to act like children, they don't see colour or creed, we as a people breed racism.
    The pc brigade need to relax a little or maybe they to be balanced, maybe they're the people I'm annoyed at.

    And I wish people would elaborate on a possible disagreement instead of just disliking a thread, how am I meant to know whats possibly upset you, my grammar, my use of the word cheese?

    Cheers Kai
    I dislike most of what you have said and how you have said it, to be honest. I just couldn't be bothered to 'dislike' your posts because too much of what you have written or think is funny/a joke just made me think you are a bit of a <something negative> who's not worth getting into a proper debate with.

    Now you're brushing off people who have made GOOD points as the "PC brigade" (which is another cheap way out, similar to when people brush off claims of racism as 'playing the race card').

    I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to know what you have posted that has "upset" some people.

    Maybe you don't have a problem with colour, I don't know you; but reading bits of all of your posts in this thread it certainly sounds like you probably do a bit deep down.
    Last edited by Ads; 31st October 2011 at 20:27. Reason: made more user-friendly

  4. #43
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I dislike most of what you have said and how you have said it, to be honest. I just couldn't be bothered to 'dislike' your posts because too much of what you have written or think is funny/a joke just made me think you are a bit of a dick who's not worth getting into a proper debate with.

    Now you're brushing off people who have made GOOD points as the "PC brigade" (which is another cheap way out, similar to when people brush off claims of racism as 'playing the race card').

    I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to know what you have posted that has "upset" some people.

    Maybe you don't have a problem with colour, I don't know you; but reading bits of all of your posts in this thread it certainly sounds like you probably do a bit deep down.
    Your welcome to your opinion, the problem is that your never truly going to know somebody from a forum, the rant thread is on here and I used it for what I believe a genuine reason, it wasn't to upset anybody and for anyone that is upset I apologise.

    As for the PC brigade, is wasn't aimed at anyone who has replied, it's the people who decide what we can and can't say, whether it's racist or not, if they deem it offensive they want to stop using them, whiter than white, black Mark and accident black spot are a few examples.

    As for your last comment, if it makes you feel better thinking that then I can live with that, maybe you know me better than I know myself.

  5. #44
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    Your welcome to your opinion, the problem is that your never truly going to know somebody from a forum, the rant thread is on here and I used it for what I believe a genuine reason, it wasn't to upset anybody and for anyone that is upset I apologise.
    You're right, I don't know you, I said that. But from reading your posts on a topic that is always going to be a sensitive one, the way you put across your points were always going to rub some people up the wrong way.
    Maybe if spoken it wouldn't have, but in plain text things can sound different to how they are intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    As for the PC brigade, is wasn't aimed at anyone who has replied, it's the people who decide what we can and can't say, whether it's racist or not, if they deem it offensive they want to stop using them, whiter than white, black Mark and accident black spot are a few examples.
    My bad, I thought you were talking about posters in this thread.
    I agree with what you say about it being silly not being able to use those examples of terms you gave, BUT I do think some of what the "PC brigade" deem to be offensive is correct and shouldn't be used.
    For example, I've heard tooooo many people try to justify the use of the word "paki" when referring to someone who is Asian. Use of this word can never be "OK" for so many reasons. The main reasons being that in the 80s/90s it was majorly used in a negative way, and even people who weren't around in the 80s/90s know this.
    So I think the people who still use the term and think it is ok should show a little common sense and take this into account, and see that it really isn't ok.
    That's just one example of many where I think its good for people to be told what they can and can't ("should and shouldn't" is probably a better way of saying it) say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    As for your last comment, if it makes you feel better thinking that then I can live with that, maybe you know me better than I know myself.
    Mate, its nothing to do with making me feel better because, with respect, you are nothing to me. Its was just my opinion on you, based on what you had written.

    Although, to be fair, you're later posts are easier on the eye. Probably why they haven't been 'disliked'.

  6. #45
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Coventry/Warwickshire
    Posts
    2,074
    dont think we need a ra ist thread lads .We are all decendant from hienz beans .

  7. #46
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    2,003
    I grew up in the US, (I moved to the UK when I was 12) and my best friends were black, in fact I was the minority white kid. I used to go home with my best mate and wait with his family until my parents picked me up later in the day as they both worked.
    My friends family were quite old and they used to tell stories of the old days, and of their families struggles. This is maybe why I liked reading John Steinbeck novels while I grew up.
    My friends father told me how his father used to be made fun of. White guys used to offer him a nickel or a quarter and he would always take the nickel, the white guys would ridicule him saying he was dumb and didn't know the difference. But he knew the day he took the quarter the game would stop. When he passed away they found sacks of nickels up in the roof space, nearly enough to pay for my friends father to go to college.

    When I was about 10 I heard a story about how a black guy was attacked because of his colour, a nearby store owner came out to help him, he was white. Later that day he was also attacked, put into a trunk and thrown into the river.

    Couldn't understand it then as a kid and still cant understand it now, and I'm 35 years older.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  8. #47
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    you all missed the point, we are all conditioned to hate each other, regardless of colour, thats what the TV is designed to do to you all, hence I don't watch the Tv or have a Licence for one too!

    Tv = Tell-Lies-Vision
    BBC = British Brain Washing Co-Operation

    Also if you dont like what MOBO stands for then don't watch it, simple as really,

    And Jews, they are not the ones to be blamed, I used to blame them until i learnt to see past what was being portrayed by the false Jews who are hidding behind the Jewish folk, come on dig a bit deeper, google up "False Jews"
    Last edited by Turkster; 1st November 2011 at 10:06.

  9. #48
    macpdm's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    409
    Its also the times we live in. A good friend of ours came out and told us he had no time for black people because they were lazy sods with no intention of working, only taking benefit payments and complaining about how they are treated. Well its his opinion and he is perfectly entitled to it but to be honest that sums up a lot of races living in and around the uk doesnt it ?

  10. #49
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post

    I am a Bank Manager.
    Im jessica albas G-string.


    And as for racism.....well we are all direct decendants of an african tribe a good few hundred thousand years ago. So technicaly its all black music

  11. #50
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    you all missed the point, we are all conditioned to hate each other, regardless of colour, thats what the TV is designed to do to you all, hence I don't watch the Tv or have a Licence for one too!

    Tv = Tell-Lies-Vision
    BBC = British Brain Washing Co-Operation

    Also if you dont like what MOBO stands for then don't watch it, simple as really,

    And Jews, they are not the ones to be blamed, I used to blame them until i learnt to see past what was being portrayed by the false Jews who are hidding behind the Jewish folk, come on dig a bit deeper, google up "False Jews"
    A fellow conspiracist lol its all about the NWA, and research the gorgeia guide stones, its all food for thought. Just wait till all the oil is took away from us, (i say took away as its never going to run out soon, theres a billion barrels+ under the faulklands alone) but when its gone there will be no mobo awards lol.

  12. #51
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,230
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    Im jessica albas G-string.


    And as for racism.....well we are all direct decendants of an african tribe a good few hundred thousand years ago. So technicaly its all black music
    She has IBS, so good luck with that.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

  13. #52
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257
    Hummmmm........

    It's not colour that's the problem.

    It's quantity...!!

    A small, well balanced number of varying 'ethnicities' would indeed be welcome and diverse, and 'enriching'.... But when one community displaces another it is no longer 'enrichment', but 'ultimately' genocide.!

    Take a look at this;
    No to 70 million - e-petitions
    In my personal opinion

  14. #53
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    She has IBS, so good luck with that.
    All part of the job... Suppose you gotta take some sh*t you should know that being a ****er i mean banker

  15. #54
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    Hummmmm........

    It's not colour that's the problem.

    It's quantity...!!
    So what's the solution? Bearing in mind that a large chunk (the majority?) of this quantity were actually born here. As were their parents in a lot of cases.

  16. #55
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,230
    Quote Originally Posted by camscockle20vT View Post
    All part of the job... Suppose you gotta take some sh*t you should know that being a ****er i mean banker
    Mate, I want to be an Estate Agent, or a door to door insurance salesman, or even a tax inspector, being a Banker is too embarrassing these days.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

  17. #56
    StateOfPlay's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,230
    Racism exists, no-one can doubt that, but it is a good thing to be able to talk about it, without people just shutting down the conversation by accusing you of being racist. Talking about racism and being racist are two different things, and yet anyone tries to raise a public debate about it is cussed and then fears raising the issue again.

    If you can't talk about it, then it will fester. There are very few people in this country who can put their hand on their heart and say they have never had racist thoughts.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

  18. #57
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    So what's the solution? Bearing in mind that a large chunk (the majority?) of this quantity were actually born here. As were their parents in a lot of cases.
    Difficult isn't it...?

    But lets start with that large chunk (not as big as you might think) that were born here.... On the whole not a problem.

    BUt lets deport all the (up to 2 Million) Illegal immigrants and bogus asylum seekers,,, a good start that no sane person can argue against..?? After all we're talking illegal here..!

    Then there's all those, (this is the big chunk) who have taken advantage of Liebours 'open door' immigration policy since 1997..... They need to be 'reassessed'. Can't blame the individuals for coming, blame the Government,,, but time for them to go.......

    How about criminal immigrants....??

    How about breaking up the ghettos...??
    In my personal opinion

  19. #58
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    BUt lets deport all the (up to 2 Million) Illegal immigrants and bogus asylum seekers,,, a good start that no sane person can argue against..?? After all we're talking illegal here..!
    Can't argue with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    Then there's all those, (this is the big chunk) who have taken advantage of Liebours 'open door' immigration policy since 1997..... They need to be 'reassessed'. Can't blame the individuals for coming, blame the Government,,, but time for them to go.......
    Not so sure about this one. They'd have been here for up to 14 years, possibily having married people who are originally from another country, having had "English" children who are up to 14 years old and possibily mixed race. Where would they go? And even if both parents are immigrants from the same country.... should the kids have to go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    How about criminal immigrants....??
    Possibly. But dependant on crime. Three strikes and you're out maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    How about breaking up the ghettos...??
    Do we really have ghettos?? But if yes, then yes, break them up.

  20. #59
    camscockle20vT's Avatar
    The stigs ugly brother

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    Mate, I want to be an Estate Agent, or a door to door insurance salesman, or even a tax inspector, being a Banker is too embarrassing these days.
    Lol i say do what makes you the most money...!

  21. #60
    Kaibo's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    354
    I also don't agree that the ones here after a warm welcome should go, even reassessed, they have done nothing wrong, maybe look to see if they've tried to work, health and other circumstances permitting.
    All I can see is the horse has already bolted, should of been on this along time ago.

  22. #61
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post

    Not so sure about this one. They'd have been here for up to 14 years, possibily having married people who are originally from another country, having had "English" children who are up to 14 years old and possibily mixed race. Where would they go? And even if both parents are immigrants from the same country.... should the kids have to go?
    Some hard decisions will need to be made for sure......... But a large majority are dole scrounging parasites,,, we have to accept (and deal with) our home grown scum, but we should not have to put up with the scum of the world...!!
    In my personal opinion

  23. #62
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Old View Post
    Some hard decisions will need to be made for sure......... But a large majority are dole scrounging parasites,,, we have to accept (and deal with) our home grown scum, but we should not have to put up with the scum of the world...!!
    why are you associating 'dole scrounging parasites' with people of other ethnic origins?
    it applies to anyone, anyone who is scrounging scum. not just blacks, europeans, asians etc. you cant just say that the majority of other nationalities are like that. that IS racist.

  24. #63
    Just Plain Old's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    why are you associating 'dole scrounging parasites' with people of other ethnic origins?
    it applies to anyone, anyone who is scrounging scum. not just blacks, europeans, asians etc. you cant just say that the majority of other nationalities are like that. that IS racist.
    If you have a look again at what I wrote..... It should come across as meaning our own home grown scum, (i.e. home grown, dole scrounging parasites) we have to put up and deal with. But we should not, as I said, have to put up with 'the scum of the world'....

    Hope that clarifies.
    In my personal opinion

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. RACISM - oldies but goldie
    By L1 HCS in forum Jokes, Games & Humour
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th April 2011, 08:46
  2. This Sh*t is crazy, seems racism is still out there!!
    By supanova in forum You Tube Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th January 2011, 21:41
  3. 8L sub and rear speakers blah blah
    By Kroney in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd September 2010, 18:21
  4. FAO JPO- online 5 min racism test :-)
    By imported_Yaseen in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th April 2005, 19:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO