A bit of a strange one... but i bet alot of you have had the same happen...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
A bit long winded im sorry,
But i would love to know how you lot would deal with this problem.
Basicaly At my other halfs house there is a shared drive ( with the next door neigbour only ) its long enough and wide enough to put 4 cars on easy ... so we do, The issue isnt next door. The problem is the kids ( between 6 and about 12) from the estate that have decided our drive is the local play ground.
The estate is basicaly 2 big culdisacs (sp* sorry) non of the kids actualy live within 4 or 5 houses of ours .
Over the last week or so they have taken to playing football against the house ( very near our cars which we love and care for like an extra 2 kids )
Ive been to the door a number of times telling them to please leave our drive and go and play outside their own homes.
This hasnt worked and since the ball hit one of our cars ( its a leather football ) ive become more annoyed, On friday our baby daughter was in bed and ... BANG BANG BANG as the ball hits the house. so i get up, and tell them to ****** off outside their own houses , they look at me like im in the wrong and laugh. I Say ****** off or i will take you to your mums and dads and see what they have to say... They finaly move ( for now)
By the lovely power of facebook ( and the fact females must gossip) im now the big bad monster of the estate.
My mrs explained... im angry as its not their home and who will pay for any damage?
But im still an angry monster who has aparently threatened to beat up children .
Have i handeled this all wrong?
For that matter is there a right way when the parents seem to see no wrong in their childrens actions

1st off i would have been nice
then i would have told them again not as nice
3 times no way fotty off them
and if that didnt work i would have scared the shix out of them
and there parents

The last time i did say hit the house or my car with that ball again i will pop it.
Actualy in hope they would send mum and dad up to discuss the matter. ( my mrs has lived there longer than ive been staying as i have my own place nearer my work )

Kids don't seem to have any respect these days, I blame a lot of it on the parents, I wouldn't dream of letting my kids do this, not to my knowledge and I'd like to think I've taught them right and wrong. I can't say you've handled this wrong as ignoring it wouldn't of changed a thing, I personally wouldn't do this as I'm not keen on confrontation but have you considered talking to the parents, me being a dad wouldn't mind a word in my ear.

Cheers Kai

get a ball go round to theres and blast it at there cars and house
infact aim for the lil tw ts

I would willingly discuss it with them. But ive already been framed as the monster via the hangmans court of gossip.
I am raising my children by the same values i was raised with... There is alot of fun to be had , But respect property and others wishes. Causing trouble when i was young only ment i would end up in trouble at home, ( which ment less playtime ) so i avoided it. My kids have plenty of fun and if they had carried on like the children in question... i would discuss it with the adults and the explain to my children its not on. Dont play where it upsets others or dont play out...

If it was my house they were playing football against, it would have gone exactly like this:

'ave it!!

Goodbye ball, and children.

End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd of probably handled this the same way fella. Tbh, if the kids take the attitude they have, you will more than likely find they have learnt it from there parents, who care equally as I little. So I'm not to sure what your next step is, said from informing your local PCSO team, and they may be able to come round and have a word with them, that is what community support officers are supposed to do after all.

Since yesterday im in shock to hear the mother of one child is planning on contacting the police about my threats of violence towards her boy !
This is beyond stupid now.

dont worry about it
when and if they come tell them wots been goin off
the mother wasnt there so f all can happen
use them calling to your advantage
give the plod the kids names they will see all parents and stop it
and the mother is gona look even more a fool than she already is

I too would personally invite her to involve the police so she can look the fool. As said above, kids have no respect nowadays, they dont care as they know they cant be touched. It sounds like it escalating unnecessarily.

Let her call the police Paul, explain the situation and stay as calm as possible when discussing whats happened, hopefully they will understand the situation and progress in your favour, explain that there are more kids that are causing you agro as well.

need some backup?

lets go park all our audis on their drive and garden etc.