£500 insurance!

RobMorris

Reaction score
Just a bit of a rant!

10 years driving, 6ncb, no points, no claims and still get stung!

£500 is the most ive paid for insurance in about 7 years!

i thought get older, more ncb, more driving years means it should go down - not up!

rant over.

Unfortunatly with the past 2 winters there has been an increase in accidents, plus there seems to be an increase in uninsured drivers plus compnays cliaming for personnel injury (whiplash payouts) all putting insurance premiums up, mine has gone up for the last 2 years even though my ncb has increased and I have no points

My S3 has been around the £550 mark for the last 3 years running, phoning around saved me £60 based on the renewal quote, it was £460 odd 4 years ago before I got my speeding points.

It's going up for everyone unfortunately. My kit car insurance was £270 this year - has been around the £200 mark in all previous years. For some reason the S3 and Cordy insured in April was about the same as last year (£670 for both, all mods declared), but expect a huge hike next year :(

Wish mine was that cheap too. With 9 years no claims i don't see anything under £700.

£500 ain't that bad mate.
Mine wasn't much less than that when I had a 2.0 FSI.... and I had 16 years driving with about 13 years no claims bonus!

£2.5k?, where in Brum do you live then?

About 10 minutes from Solihull. It's a combination of location, age, lack of NCB, claim and points. Insurers don't like me lol. When I had the my Focus ST it was 3.5k and the same with the A3 3.2.

It's dropping this november too 2k so slowly it's going down lol.

About 10 minutes from Solihull. It's a combination of location, age, lack of NCB, claim and points. Insurers don't like me lol. When I had the my Focus ST it was 3.5k and the same with the A3 3.2.

It's dropping this november too 2k so slowly it's going down lol.

Wow, I'd never pay that much unless it warranted it, like a supercar of some sort! but I guess you only live once. :racer:

I'd never pay that much for insurance just on princible.

You don't have to look far to see why premiums are going up,I saw a thread the other day when someone was hit by another car and a few said claim whiplash ! It's a bit like buying chrome mirrors off eBay.

Yep, spot on Jason. The population moans about premiums going up yet I bet the majority would happily put in a spurious post-accident whiplash claim. 'It's free money' - yeah, right.

Government keep saying that they are going to do something about car insurance - we have to have it, yet the cost is spiralling out of control.

£1250.00 last year 45yrs old 10 yrs ncb protected, two none fault claims in the last two years, and it will probably go up to over £2k on renewal this year. B8 area of brum, where uninsured drivers are 30% above the national average.

£1250.00 last year 45yrs old 10 yrs ncb protected, two none fault claims in the last two years, and it will probably go up to over £2k on renewal this year. B8 area of brum, where uninsured drivers are 30% above the national average.

I bet you want to shoot the insurance quoter everytime you get these quotes! lol :gun2:

Lol mines not as bad as i thought then,
23yo, 2 years ncb, all mods declared....
£700 :arco:

I bet you want to shoot the insurance quoter everytime you get these quotes! lol :gun2:

I would rather shoot the people who have no insurance who keep putting up the cost for everyone who actually obeys the law.

Age 49, driving 32 years, no claims ever, last points were in 2003, protected NCB. I have just paid £600 for a 57-reg 3.0TDi