Engine Management light

DefiantFrog

Reaction score
I've owned the car for less an hour, done less than 15 miles (most of which was town traffic), before my Engine Management light comes on.

Not a good start for an Approved Used Audi... Grrr...

</rant>

I've owned the car for less an hour, done less than 15 miles (most of which was town traffic), before my Engine Management light comes on.

Not a good start for an Approved Used Audi... Grrr...

</rant>

Dont they do a pdi check. Hope you get it sorted.

It supposedly went through all manner of checks before handing it over to me... The Dealer was suitably sheepish when I called them yesterday afternoon and it's back there now. Let's see what they say...

Hopefully nothing serious - after an hour of diagnostics, they've told me a Lambda sensor has failed (they said exhaust but were not specific, i suspect pre-cat). They are replacing it for me. And to be fair, they've been pretty good with me as well - drove me to work in another City, and will drop off a car at work before the end of the day for my use over the weekend.

Am still annoyed the car broke in such a short period of time, especially as I would have thought this would have come up during its pre-delivery inspection / road test as well (my suspision is it did, and they cleared the fault! perhaps just me being paranoid), but I guess the way they are dealing with it now is the important bit, and thats been pretty faultless...

Hope it all goes well....just keep an eye out and make sure you give it a thorough once over, in case anything else has been 'cleared'.