JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    ST8C3Y

Status

Angry CUT PRICE FUEL AT OUR LOCAL GARAGE......WHAT EVER!!!!!!

Ok so today is Sunday. As you all know fuel prices are going up and up, but get this. On friday at my local Jet garage, (a mile away) unleaded fuel was priced at £1.36 a litre, this is average for our area. Today its now priced at £1.38 a litre with a sign out saying CUT PRICE FUEL.... thats right CUT PRICE FUEL. Takes the p*** is you ask me. The best thing is its getting to be every weekend they put the sign up and then on the Monday the price normally goes down buy 1p per litre. Then everyone wonders why I'd rather drive the extra 4-5 miles more to get the cheaper fuel.
    Ming Blue 1.8t 1999..

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I have a Sainsbury's voucher for 10p off a litre. 126p.
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

ST8C3Y

Status
    If you shop at waitrose you can get up to 3p off a litre.
    Ming Blue 1.8t 1999..

6th Gear

Status
    And the moral is.......shop at Sainsbury's
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    yeh the big supermarkets have been doing some pretty decent deals lately, Tesco often do the 5p off a litre when you spend over 50quid and they've added various other deals recently.

We typically shop at tesco and the weekly haul is usually over or around 50quid so we often make use of the deal.

I got a 5p off a litre voucher the other day for buying £10 worth of cat litter and pet food, which i was buying anyway.

Plus Tesco is already the cheapest around here for fuel anyway.

No sainsburies unfortunately.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    we do the sainsburys one, as we collect the nectar points anyway, makes the SUL under the price of normal crap, wooop

2nd Gear

Status
    The cost goes up on a Monday because they are probably on a weekly lag on prices, so they price a week behind the change in fuel costs.
    I never touch supermarket fuel, prefer using the bigger companies who put a lot more time and money into the R&D of additives etc, and therefore better qaulity of fuel.

2006 Audi A4 Sline
    AMD remap to 175bhp, bilstein Shocks with Eibach 30mm lowering springs, spacers to follow very soon (then finished)

ST8C3Y

Status
    That's all well if you do the shopping. I still live at home so I don't get no vouchers like that mums partner gets them all. :-(
    Ming Blue 1.8t 1999..

5th Gear

Status
    There was a cock up at an Asda down the road from us about two weeks ago. All the pumps had been set wrong and it was working out at something like 38p a litre. Word got around and there was queues, but it was spotted fairly quickly and they shut the place to sort it. However that wasn't before an estimated 30 cars had filled up for thirty odd pence per litre. I heard about it the next day, typically
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    There was a cock up at an Asda down the road from us about two weeks ago. All the pumps had been set wrong and it was working out at something like 38p a litre. Word got around and there was queues, but it was spotted fairly quickly and they shut the place to sort it. However that wasn't before an estimated 30 cars had filled up for thirty odd pence per litre. I heard about it the next day, typically
    That is just your luck, it never happens to the average person, lol.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    That is just your luck, it never happens to the average person, lol.

Tell me about it. With my luck I could fall in a barrel of t*ts and come out sucking my thumb
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    I get 3% of all my fuel money back! not much but when you spend £300 a month then thats £9

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    I get 3% of all my fuel money back! not much but when you spend £300 a month then thats £9
    Any saving on overpriced fuel is worth having these days, no matter how little it is.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I have a Tesco's 5p off every litre of fuel voucher in my Wallet, I have always used it int the past, or filled up using shell fuel. I noticed I could get 44mpg with Shell and 40mpg with Tesco's fuel, which negates the 5p off, so I rarely use it.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    That makes sense though Jojo. What amazes me is the number of people that drive past there local petrol ststion, thus costing them fuel just so they can use there money off coupons. They should look at bigger issue. If everyone goes to the supermarket and bypass there local petrol stationputting them out of buisness, the supermarkets are then free to charge what they want and we will have to pay it. Ok, thats my rant over Jojo.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Any saving on overpriced fuel is worth having these days, no matter how little it is.
    ...::: Paul Donneky Authorised Distributor for Utility Warehouse :::...
    The Utility Warehouse CashBack card

Our CashBack card is just one of the many benefits of being a member.
    Click here to find out all about our Member benefits.
    Take 25% off your utility bill, just by shopping!
    With our unique CashBack card, you can save money, just by shopping. Buy groceries, health and beauty products, petrol, DIY, household goods, electrical products, eat out and even park your car... and you can get a percentage of everything you spend taken off your bill.
    The CashBack you earn at individual retailers varies from 3% to 7% - full details are here.
    No other card offers this level of CashBack.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    Not bad i get 5% off Asda fuel, which happens to also be the cheapest around, usually 2-3p cheaper than anywhere else!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    And the moral is.......shop at Sainsbury's
    I was gonna do that but I found the £6 I'd save on fuel was spent as they are more expensive than Asda or even Morrisons...

Sainsburys are still 5p cheaper on diesel than Esso, Texaco etc etc round here anyway
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I just used my Tesco's 5p off a litre voucher, not in my own car though. A 60 quid fill = £2.20 saving.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Not bad i get 5% off Asda fuel, which happens to also be the cheapest around, usually 2-3p cheaper than anywhere else!
    Thats great news, so you get 5% for what ever reason you have, you then get an Extra 3% with my cash back card system and you get it 2-3p cheaper than anywhere else, fantastic stuff, why do you get the 5% off ?

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]

Status
    Spent £320 Quid This Month On Fuel, And Only Been To Bournemouth/Poole And 2 Trips To Oxford From London. Total Of 450 Miles Not The End Of World, But Bang Goes The Beer Kitty This Month And Now My Local P/Stn Has Decided To Wack It Up To 140.9 A Litre Robbing B******S...
    {BAM BAM THANKYOU MAM}

ST8C3Y

Status
    That's a lot of money on fuel. I can do 370-400 miles to a tank if not a few more and my tank only took £60 to fill up from having the light on for about 40 miles aswell.
    Ming Blue 1.8t 1999..

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey bear View Post
    That's a lot of money on fuel. I can do 370-400 miles to a tank if not a few more and my tank only took £60 to fill up from having the light on for about 40 miles aswell.
    that`s the problem with me stacey bear heavy foot and that 225 bam sucks it up like a dyson hoover.oh well will learn eventualymaybe one day..
    Last edited by gumball b; 31st July 2011 at 21:24.
    {BAM BAM THANKYOU MAM}