fooking blackberry

Smash it to **** with a hammer.

Sorry, but there are no other options. Last I heard, it does make and receive calls most of the time which is better than the storm.

In fact, be glad you didn't get a storm.

I've got a Curve for a work phone, and a Bold for my own. The Curve is probably 20 years behind the Bold, I'd be tempted to give it back ...

All BBs are Fooking useless! Everyone i knew was stupid enough to get it for the bb messenger... so after 6 months i gave in and got a curve just to join in on the BB messenger - the older 8900 which is actually better than that rubber crap 8520.
now even the BB messenger is crap. sometimes i send a message and it doesnt deliver for over 10 minutes :banghead:
only use it as a work phone to receive and make calls... the internet on it is a nightmare!

I had 3 Blackberry's, the best being an old 8800, the others, a Curve and a Storm were unreliable, difficult to use, and kept freezing whenever I tried to make a phone call, an essential part of a mobile friggin phone! I now have the Iphone and haven't looked back. Totally reliable, really easy to use.

I work in IT so see and configure a variety of phones. I cant think of one good thing to say about BB's and have still not figured out why people buy them. the best I can come up with to date is that they are so basic people find them easy to use so love them. Any BB messenger, whats that all about?? Is there really a need for something that fits between a simple text message and Facebook?

I'll 2nd the iPhone vote, as much as I'm not an Apple fan, its a fantastic and very versatile bit of kit - and still easy to use. I understand Android based phones are also good, but haven't seen much of them to date.

text messages cost ppl, especially the younger generation who dont get unlimited text messages. Also picture messaging costs more... BB messenger lets you send instant messages to and from friends, with pictures, videos and voice notes. also has a status picture and staus update part with the ability to broadcast messages to your friends...
Facebook is just crap! I mean who really likes to stalk their friends and watch out for every update??

fair do's on the text message cost. I have unlimited texts, which I think thats pretty standard on an O2 iPhone contract anyway.

Re the BB messaging... spot the difference?

Facebook lets you send instant messages to and from friends, with pictures, videos and voice notes. also has a status picture and staus update part with the ability to broadcast messages to your friends... :icon_thumright:

yes true... but when i say instant msgs on BB there is no logging into an account or silly menus to go through... just have the bb messenger up and off you go... its like Whatsapp on the iPhone but better... and honestly its the only reason i still have my BB... otherwise i would have thrown it into a river by now!

To be fair to BBs, they are better than iPhones when it comes to offline email.

When out of reception you can still read and reply to all emails. Try doing that on an iPhone and you get a million messages talking about 'no connection available'.

Also, your battery isn't battered when you use the email app.

I still prefer iPhones though.

I work in IT so see and configure a variety of phones. I cant think of one good thing to say about BB's and have still not figured out why people buy them. the best I can come up with to date is that they are so basic people find them easy to use so love them. Any BB messenger, whats that all about?? Is there really a need for something that fits between a simple text message and Facebook?

I'll 2nd the iPhone vote, as much as I'm not an Apple fan, its a fantastic and very versatile bit of kit - and still easy to use. I understand Android based phones are also good, but haven't seen much of them to date.

BB and Apple are the only handsets our infrastructure will support due to their embedded security, Android is way to insecure to use on the corporate network. (plus he RSA secureID app saves me losing another tag) :D

This thread really is amusing! A friend of mine swore by BB products, so much so that he tried to get everyone, including myself, to buy one, so we could all chat. Anyways, since most of my other mates have iphones, I went for an iphone4 in the end, and downloaded whatsapp. Now my BB friend has decided to download whatsapp on his BB to chat with the masses. lol

Got a BB torch on the cheap and it's taken me 2 months to get the thing working properly. Not the best phone but OK for basic functions - a smartish phone.
What gripes me the most is that everything, and I mean everything on it, needs you to be subscribed to 'Blackberry Internet Services'. This is an extra £5 a month cost (for me as on SIM only deal).
Will be selling it soon probably for a Samsung galaxy S2 which looks pretty good (and is not an iPhone).

T-Mobile and i think 02 do the 6month BB service for £20... i think its only on Pay as you go.
my BB contract is only £10 so i can't complain! saying that i have an iPhone 4 32GB (payed £50 for the phone) on an unlimited T-mobile contract for only £30 a month :moa:

You don't need the BB service, if you're with t-mobile just get the free internet add-on, it covers BB data. Not sure if other networks offer this add-on.

As for whatsapp... it's not as good as BBM. Irritates me so much that message delivery is in two stages. First your phone beeps to say you have a message, then when you go into the app you have to wait for it to be delivered.
No probs if your in a service area but if you're not then you have to wait until you get service again before you can read the message your phone has already told you has been received.
Crapola!

Have unlimited internet with three and thought I would be fine, but for my 9800 torch nothing would work. Internet fine over wifi but not so over mobile, maps not working, email not working, app world not accessible etc.
Works fine now that BBIS is active.
In fact in my case it might have been that BBIS has never been active on this phone so I did not have the correct service books. Might cancel it and see how it goes but at £15 all in I can live with it.

Have unlimited internet with three and thought I would be fine, but for my 9800 torch nothing would work. Internet fine over wifi but not so over mobile, maps not working, email not working, app world not accessible etc.
Works fine now that BBIS is active.
In fact in my case it might have been that BBIS has never been active on this phone so I did not have the correct service books. Might cancel it and see how it goes but at £15 all in I can live with it.

Sounds like it could've been down to your settings, but maybe three do it differently and put a block on BB data.
It worked 100% on my missus's t-mobile though, even though she was pay-as-you-go.

Well today i got so wound up by the phone i seriously smashed it to bits on the floor, Took my sim card out of it afterwards and then bagged all the bits up and sent them back to head office stating that i had fixed the problem with the phone they had sent me to use, at least they will be able to get hold of me and get reply to there emails now im using my own personal Iphone4, I would have posted some photos of the said phone but id bagged it up and posted it back to them before i could get home and use my iphone4,

i will most prob get a bill for the BB but it was worth every penny as i smashed it to bits,

RIP BB you pices of worthless poo!

Last edited:
mate, that is some serious anger you have with that phone! I must say though, I do understand your frustration, the Blackberry storm used to make me so mad, it always froze when I needed to make a phone call. I then had to take the back off, remove the battery, put it back in, place the back on, wait ten minutes for it to reload, by which time I had already got the pigeon to take the message to the person.

Worst phone I have ever had. Poor signal, slow, freezing software platform, stupid click screen that was unreliable, texting was fu$$in impossible with my fingers.

But then joy! I got an Iphone. And I have never lost my temper with my phone since.

Steve Jobs, you are the man!

MyBad.

This is quite interesting but I noticed nobody complains on Bold 9780 which I had it since Feb and I never had any issue on it and its suit me perfectly as I am very social person and I have approx 90 Blackberry Messenger and I use it quite alot and I also have an unlimited text aswell but I finding myself use BBM more than text nowdays. Internet is very reliable aswell.

Its depend on everyone how everyone look after their phone but I even found myself tempted to get Iphone 4 as they have cooler apps but I would rather to have both world though!