Slow Cars

happysack

Reaction score
please go away, i want to drive fast and not have to overtake you, please?!
and then when i do you have a tamtrum about it.

rant over. If someone put this on FB i would definately hit 'likes this'

Totally with you mate, drive slow if you want, but don't get the **** when I overtake you.

Someone in a corsa i actually think was hunting me down the other day i seen him screaming at his dashboard and then driving around where i live for ages, some people have serious nerdrage - also when you come to merge - SERIOUSLY its 1 then 1 not 2 then 1 then 3, dammit road users! RANT OVER

there someone round here with a 600 cc little fart box that he drives on a motorbike licence ??? nearly got out to push him up the hill the other day lol

I had a guy chasing me the other day, not too sure why, I was going 80 in the fast lane and he charged up from nowhere. I hadn't overtaken him at any point, and he wasn't tailgaiting me, he just appeared form nowhere. I pulled alongside him to point him over so we could have a chat about why he was making rude gesticulations to me, he browned his pants, sped up and flew off at the next junction.

Driving slower then the speed limit can actually be considered as more danagerous than doing over (conditions dependent) as the chances are you aren't a confident driver and you will make an unexpected manouevere. Overtake by all means but again it depends where and how you went about it. Best thing to do is back off from people who drive slow before you overtake (they see it as you driving dangerously unfortunately and even during overtaking if you go over the speed limit you break the law), but I can see why people tailgate 'slow' road users. Effectively they should pull over at the best available spot and let others pass much like tractors do.

It is against the law to drive too slow but I hate it when people in cars do 56mph behind lorries or dawdle along in the left lane during busier periods at say 60mph causing lorries to have to pull out to overtake. End of the day the car doesn;t have a limiter on it - you don;t pass your driving test going slow (well you don;t going fast either) so drive at teh speed limit or don;t drive at all because you clearly have no confidence. Which then brings me on to hesitant drivers who don't judge the road/junction/roundabout ahead early enough...

Who mentioned lorry's and overtaking? Don't get me started..........

also when you come to merge - SERIOUSLY its 1 then 1 not 2 then 1 then 3, dammit road users!

This^^^^!

In crawling traffic that is merging - I HATE people who purposely drive close to the car in front so the person trying to merge from say the left can't get in.
They keep their eyes forward and pretend they can't see you, and accelerate/bounce the brakes/accerelate/bounce the brakes, just to keep you out.

Seriously says something about their personality. Takes a certain type of person to be so petty that they do pointless sh*t like this.

I used to get REALLY pee'd off by it but now I kinda find it amusing how sad the person is that's doing it.
I find women are more guilty of this.

What about those tossers that pull into the inside lane when 3 are merging to 2 lanes, having been sat on your boot lid for 3 or 4 miles, then put foot down on inside and try and cut in last minute?

That's why people do this: I HATE people who purposely drive close to the car in front so the person trying to merge from say the left can't get in.
They keep their eyes forward and pretend they can't see you, and accelerate/bounce the brakes/accerelate/bounce the brakes, just to keep you out.

Seriously says something about their personality. Takes a certain type of person to be so petty that they do pointless sh*t like this.

I used to get REALLY pee'd off by it but now I kinda find it amusing how sad the person is that's doing it.

Who mentioned lorry's and overtaking? Don't get me started..........

It's when overtaking over lorries which get's annoying. I can understand them pulling out to get past motorist entering from slip roads and such. I've said it for a while but it's a very controversial subject when it comes to lorry drivers but they should try and do most of their deliveries at night. Only issues is people won;t work these hours!

In crawling traffic that is merging - I HATE people who purposely drive close to the car in front so the person trying to merge from say the left can't get in.

The other issues you get is when people force their way in! Which leads me onto people who don't say thankyou - common curtousy (sp?) costs nothing....

What about those tossers that pull into the inside lane when 3 are merging to 2 lanes, having been sat on your boot lid for 3 or 4 miles, then put foot down on inside and try and cut in last minute?

That's why people do this: I HATE people who purposely drive close to the car in front so the person trying to merge from say the left can't get in.

Nah. The people who I see doing this are doing it in two lane roads which are chocablock because it is turning into one lane. Everybody is being normal and filtering in, one from the left and one from the right.... APART from the chumps that I speak of.
Why they feel the need to do this I do not know.

Its the cannot see you so you don't exist thing..blinkered

I think that's the thing that amuses me most. Especially when you get next to them again, give them the side-on evils, and they stare ahead without even blinking, and start playing with their radio/sat nav/etc just so they've got something to do and to try and convince you that they're not aware of the daggers you are giving them. :laugh:

I've gotta admit though, when I've done something similar in the past, like overtaking someone when I probably didn't need to, only to get stuck at the next set of traffic lights and the person i've just shot past rolls up slowly and stops next to me... that can be an intense minute or so.

Nah. The people who I see doing this are doing it in two lane roads which are chocablock because it is turning into one lane. Everybody is being normal and filtering in, one from the left and one from the right.... APART from the chumps that I speak of.
Why they feel the need to do this I do not know.

Under normal merging fine, but if somebody is being a smart ****** & jumping to the front of the queue despite warnings for the last few miles of a lane closure then there's a snowballs chance in hell of me letting them in.

Reactions: Arrkon and TFLUFF
ahhh just what happened today! i had to be somewhere for 11, i could easily have made it - i took the country lane with national speed limit! but some middle-ages blonde fart in her nissan note was doing 40 mph for a good 2.5 miles!! surely she should get points for this?

Under normal merging fine, but if somebody is being a smart ****** & jumping to the front of the queue despite warnings for the last few miles of a lane closure then there's a snowballs chance in hell of me letting them in.

If the lane is still open then why can't cars use it until it closes?
Ok, they shouldn't jump in at the last inch, but if I see a sign saying lane closes in 200 yards then I'll use it until the last 40-50 yards. Even if no one else is.
The lane is there to be used until it is closed, that's why they close it at that point.

Reactions: MattBE
this is a daily rant for me... no point getting into details with it... everywhere you go in London you get this crap! A2, M25, A406, A13, A12, and the list goes on and on...

ahhh just what happened today! i had to be somewhere for 11, i could easily have made it - i took the country lane with national speed limit! but some middle-ages blonde fart in her nissan note was doing 40 mph for a good 2.5 miles!! surely she should get points for this?

What an utterly stupid post.

today i had a Ford KA trying to drive up the hill on the A2 coming up to bluewater and going at 65mph on the far right lane, i came up behind her at 80mph flashing at her to move over to the left as there was space but she just carried on toddling along. I waited about 30 seconds and then just undertook her as i couldnt be bothered waiting any longer, she clearly did not want to move. as i past her she started waving a fist (w@nker) and then flashed at me as i left her behind...
i honestly could not figure out what was wrong with her!

People hate being overtaken (undertaken in your case lol) which is weird as if you were walking faster than someone on the high street they wouldn't call you names or gesticulate rudely at you if you passed them at speed.

But get them in a tin can on wheels, and suddenly they are the lord of the road, the purveyor of justice, police officers without a badge, and without regard for the real laws of the road, they will pass judgement, safe in the knowledge that they are cacooned in metal casing and therefore protected from retaliation.

Of course, if someone had walked faster than her I doubt greatly that she would have called them a W as she would be afraid, quite rightly, that you would stop and remonstrate.

I think a very strong set of bull bars all around the front and side of the vehicle and T-Bar manoeuvres would sort the wheat from the chaff.

But I would so love to have what they had in the caravan on Top Gear, the red message board scrolling across the rear windscreen saying: How can you forgive your mother for dropping you on your head when you were just a baby?

i have to say i was tempted to cut in front of her after i undertook her and just slam on the brakes but then i just couldnt be bothered to waste my brakes on her. so i left her in a cloud of derv smoke.
Too true what you say about the feeling secure in a tin can... have seen people like this in the past giving it all when they driving along but then turn into scared cats when they get what they didn't expect :ninja:

People hate being overtaken (undertaken in your case lol) which is weird as if you were walking faster than someone on the high street they wouldn't call you names or gesticulate rudely at you if you passed them at speed.

Of course, if someone had walked faster than her I doubt greatly that she would have called them a W as she would be afraid, quite rightly, that you would stop and remonstrate.

Is undertaking someone on foot against the law? :laugh:

Just a case of not being a confident driver and if a police car was following them I'm not quite sure how the police would react to this as they all seem to take different circumstances with a different approach. If the road was wet then she would effectively be driving suitable for the road conditions so unfortunately she probabaly wasn;t actually doing anything 'wrong'. BUT you could say in defense that if it was a driving test you could well fail for not driving to the speed limit or to a suitable speed for the road conditions.

today i had a Ford KA trying to drive up the hill on the A2 coming up to bluewater and going at 65mph on the far right lane, i came up behind her at 80mph flashing at her to move over to the left as there was space but she just carried on toddling along. I waited about 30 seconds and then just undertook her as i couldnt be bothered waiting any longer, she clearly did not want to move. as i past her she started waving a fist (w@nker) and then flashed at me as i left her behind...
i honestly could not figure out what was wrong with her!

Probabaly would have been best not to flash her at all dude. I can get a bit of road rage too often but I always do best to keep cool even if it just to warn others of their day-dream world.

Last weekend I realised my new biggest pet peave by slow drivers - they bunch up to the other slow drivers so you have to overtake 3 cars at once, rather than leap-frog them one at a time. And they leave a nice big gap when the road is way too twisty to make a pass, but get back up close when a straight is coming up.

Generally inconsiderate driving really gets on my nerves; like people who always go 45 on A and B roads even through towns with posted 30mph limits, and then keep going 45 past someone else going 44 for the entire length of an overtaking lane so no-one else can get past.

Having said that, there were a few people who made an obvious effort to leave room ahead of them for me to get back into, moved over where possible to let me see ahead, and signaled when the road ahead was clear. I'd genuinely like to write them a letter or something to let them know their basic road-manners were much appreciated.

Why not? I had approached her already when I did flash and even then she didnt move!

What I mean is should have just gone round her if it was clear and safe to do so - i tend not to waste my time with dopey people like her lol

Yes, I have to say when I have been going faster than other cars on the motorway, suddenly a twit in a fiesta pulls out into the fast lane without indicating, slows down rather than speeds up, then takes ages to overtake, but once they have overtaken they then suddenly speed up before moving back into the middle lane, leaving the first lane clear.

Last weekend I realised my new biggest pet peave by slow drivers - they bunch up to the other slow drivers so you have to overtake 3 cars at once, rather than leap-frog them one at a time. And they leave a nice big gap when the road is way too twisty to make a pass, but get back up close when a straight is coming up.

Generally inconsiderate driving really gets on my nerves; like people who always go 45 on A and B roads even through towns with posted 30mph limits, and then keep going 45 past someone else going 44 for the entire length of an overtaking lane so no-one else can get past.

i deal with this every day! I drive a 10 mile journey to work on a country road which just happens to be the main route everyone takes. generally its ok, but one slow driver can totally balls it up! people do 20mph along it sometimes but its wide and clear but there are only say 3 places you can overtake and you know someone will be coming the other way! that journey can take anything from 15 min to an hour depending on traffic! and there is a junction at the end which is a busy one and if you get someone who won't pull out then it backs up maybe 30 cars and its actually quicker to turn around and go another way.

Sometimes coming up behind a slow driver helps the fuel consumption when i've been getting a bit carried away on the B roads.

Anyone notice those people who have a high visibility jacket that they just happen to permanently store in plain view? Like on the parcel shelf or worse hung over a seat back?

Is it like they're trying to pretend they are the police or something? Or is that just me thinking that? Like they they get a little stiffy if some poor sod slows down behind them on the motorway mistaking them for an unmarked traffic car?

You're not kidding me sunshine. Not till the law start buying their jackets from Screwfix and driving 15 year old Vauxhall Cavaliers too.

Driving down the A406 North circular (london) at about 80mph (its a 50 limit) and some silly fool decides to indicated from the middle lane over to the right lane whilst driving at about 40mph to overtake the car infront of him who is still a good 3 car lengths away... he doesnt get very far as he is still going slow (10 seconds on right lane) by which time i have come up behind him... he then realises that there is a nutter on the road about to plough into the back of him so he indicates back to his original spot... WTF!

why bother pulling out in the first place if you arent going to speed up and overtake!

That's my bit of the north circ. I'm only a couple of mins from there.
The flyover is before you get to the M11. Two lanes.

80mph through there..... touch and go mate! :laugh:

well depends which direction you are going from... if you are coming from the A12 then you car coming downhill on the 2 lanes... love that at 80mph! it scares the life out of some people when you are coming up to them