4 Lanes and only the outside lane has cars in it!

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Why is it that the outside lane is always packed boot to bumper, but the three lanes inside it on the M25 are fairly empty?

Give Peas a chance.

Its a London thing, travel down the M1 south and as you get closer to London, the other two lanes are empty.

Yeah, think you are right, whenever I drive to the sticks the roads are just so clear, in the countryside, like the M4, the outside lane is clear, unnerving really, I always think there must be a rozzer up ahead as I am not used to people driving so well!

yesterday morning (4.20am) coming onto the A2 in Gravesend... a nice 06 plate 3door A3 gets onto the totally empty A2 and goes straight over to the right lane for no reason!
I was behind him and just carried on driving up undertaking him...

You know I have come to the conclusion that people who sit in the middle or outside lane when the inside lane is empty are just plain lazy.

Too lazy to be bothered with having to overtake when they come across a slower vehicle in the inside lane 5 miles up the road. Or too lazy to have proper lane control, so they sit in the middle so that if they wander or veer they will still stay on the main carriageway.

Too lazy to move over when you come up on them at a slightly faster speed.

I am of course an angel. I never do anything wrong, I never make a mistake, I never pee anyone else off. I am perfect and it is all the lazy drivers who are in the wrong.