Drivers on mobiles.............

symun

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
****** me off no end, i have difficulty driving and having to listen to my kids argue and my missus telling me off for having boring music on, let alone focus on a converation and drive.
I honestly cant see how its possible.

Anyway back to the reason for my rant, for the second time yesterday i witnessed a driver mount the kerb to go around a car that was dropping off kids at the school gate, drive down the pavement whilst kids are walking there whilst on the phone.
This time it was a multi drop white van man, i motioned to him to get off the phone and was promptly told to fark off......unfortunately there was no business name on the van as i would have reported him straight away.(didnt think to get reg no)
I am not a small guy and could quite easily have smacked his **** had he chose to stop, wish he had now....
There is no where safe to drive and text or chat on the phone, but to do so on a busy school street with witnesses all over he must be a right knob head.
Rant over for now............................

****** me off too mate

The worst part is, most people who do it are the tossers in their BMW's or Merc's that clearly cost a fair few pennies, but they either scrimped on the bluetooth option or can't be ***** to use it

Does my nut in

Reactions: Jerbla
I agree 100% mate, I made the mistake of doing when the law came in and I payed the price with 3 points. Its taught me a lesson now tho. I go mad when I see people doing it.

The thing is, a simple hands free kit is like what, £20? Small price to pay to be on the right side of the law

More often than not its council workers and people in works vans that i see, do they not realise its not just 3 points but their job if they get stopped.
Being a council worker myself it really annoys me to see them on the phone as i know they have hands free fitted for works mobiles but they still use their personal phones.
Also anyone who is on the phone when they have kids in the car, they need a good slap..........

having bluetooth on the car is so handy! i always find its the idiots that drive with the phone in their hand that do the dumbest of things on the road... almost drove into the side of someone yesterday who forgot to give way or even slow down at a turning cos he was on his phone... and yes he was in a van!

perhaps manufacturers should make it standard?
I think if we are honest we have all done it but if you have half a brain cell you know its not right
good comment from aythree; the other day i saw a mahosive women with a fag in one hand a can of drink in the other and her phone between ear and shoulder ...........just unbelievable

I think its pretty stupid that you're not allowed to hold a phone whilst driving but are allowed to smoke, eat, etc.

I've seen people do some proper stupid stuff because they've got a cigarette in their hand, ranging from looking down at the ash tray to ash it... to dropping the cigarette in their lap and taking both hands off of the steering wheel while jumping up and down in the seat trying to prevent themself from getting burned.

Also having a cloud of smoke between your eyes and the road isn't too clever either.

Reactions: Matt_S and S4 Muzza
I just spent a small fortune on a handsfree kit, I reckon it should be made as standard in all cars, like seat belts.

The cops are always going on about how many accidents are caused by people on mobile phones, so solve the problem, make handsfree mandatory for all new cars.

Everytime I overtake an idiot who is weaving in the middle lane, driving at 50 mph one minute, 60 mph the next, they are always on the phone.

I also get annoyed with drivers who have a "children on board" sticker on the car as they overtake you at 90 mph.

I have photographic proof mobilephones kill whilst driving

phone-car-crash.jpg

I'll get my coat :whistle2:

Its also one of my pet hates, if you can afford a car and a fancy new phone a hands free kit aint that much more, bearing in mind that most new phones come with hands free in the box, so why not use it!!!

I know the majority of company cars are now installed with hands free as compulsary, due to legislation.

But when you see them and try to make a point of it, they look as if they are doing nothing wrong at all!!

I always use my hands free, I remember one of my mates saying to me you are only going up the road, but thats not the point is it!!

If you have it, use it and be safe :)

what about people who hold a phone close to there face and use one like a dictator recorder, is that illegal ? I personally use a built in car kit, for my calls , but im now startting to turn off my phone when driving!

They think its handsfree even though they are holding the damn thing.

The present punishment needs upgrading as every trip I do I see some moron on a phone whilst driving.

They think its handsfree even though they are holding the damn thing.

The present punishment needs upgrading as every trip I do I see some moron on a phone whilst driving.

Ditto, and usually they're driving some **** heap with near balding tyres and have one of those facial expressions that incinuates they have to use brain power to breathe let alone steer, drive and talk on the phone. I worked for a mobile phone company for 8 years, and it was generally accepted that when Pay as you go contracts were invented it was the best invention for making money out of nothing more than hot air.

Evolution has given us two ears and one mouth, I wish people would occasionally use them in that ratio! What most of these people say on the phone in their car is probably absolute inconsequential detritus anyway. And breath; it's Friday!

Didn't they experiment a while back with signal jammers in cars? If its impossible to get a signal, its impossible to make/receive a call or text. Mind you, having said that, there would be a money making opportunity for some electronics whizz to produce a gadget to over-ride the jammer, which would then be available from Halfords for several hunderds of pounds or online for 20 quid.

Didn't they experiment a while back with signal jammers in cars? If its impossible to get a signal, its impossible to make/receive a call or text. Mind you, having said that, there would be a money making opportunity for some electronics whizz to produce a gadget to over-ride the jammer, which would then be available from Halfords for several hunderds of pounds or online for 20 quid.
Also if you were to need to phone in an emergency it could all go pete tong with a jammer.

yes but have you noticed when you have no signal on your phone, you are still able to call 999. This could be a feature of the signal jammer, ie it allows emergency calls to be placed.

yes but have you noticed when you have no signal on your phone, you are still able to call 999. This could be a feature of the signal jammer, ie it allows emergency calls to be placed.
It'd be a good idea then,I am sick of seeing people on their phones whilst driving

Went out earlier to pick up the bits for a service I'm doing (on aA4 2.0tdi CAGA funnily enough), and there was an absolutely lush white Range Rover Sport coming the other way, private plate but you could tell it would be an 11 plate, middle aged driver, phone to lug. Unbelievable. Its that type of arrogant barstool that would kill somebody and be blase about it. I wish I was still a copper when I see people driving and on the phone :-(

I think that's because you can 'roam' onto other networks to make an emergency call, I imagine a signal jammer would block all networks and prevent this. It wouldn't be that hard to stop safely, and turn the engine off if you needed to make such a call though.

Last edited:
IIRC arent blockers illegal to use?

I too still cant believe how many people still use their phone. On that vein I think all kids should be sedated before being put in the back of a car LOL

So its accepted that using phones while driving are indeed more dangerous than just driving, however surely talking to a passenger is even more dangerous, as you occasionally turn to look at them? Or even driving with a child in the car. (Or even a non child - my friends seem to be about the most distracting bunch around).

Also, its still legal to use a phone to do anything (including text / web etc) if its in a dock in the dash - surely thats way more dangerous than holding it in a sensible position?

Disclaimer: Just playing devils advocate here.

Maybe it's just where I live but it's always women I see driving whilst on the phone!

No offence to the female forum members intended, just an observation!

Its mostly high end motors (Mercs, Range Rovers et al), and van drivers that I see on phones while driving

Believe it or not! I've seen twice police officers being on the phone whilst driving. :angrymod:

Thats taking the p**s right?

Also, its still legal to use a phone to do anything (including text / web etc) if its in a dock in the dash - surely thats way more dangerous than holding it in a sensible position?

Driving without due care, failing to be in proper control of a vehicle would both be offences you'd be guilty of if you did that.

The laws need updating to cover sat nav usage etc.

Driving without due care, failing to be in proper control of a vehicle would both be offences you'd be guilty of if you did that.

The laws need updating to cover sat nav usage etc.

Don't forget Dangerous driving too, which is an arrestable offence. It can carry a jail term of two years imprisonment on first offence which makes it arrestable.

Grand thread resurection lol

I would jail moron's who use their mobile's while driving

If there is one thing that makes me really angry in a car it seeing this

Feel better now lol

Grand thread resurection lol

I would jail moron's who use their mobile's while driving

If there is one thing that makes me really angry in a car it seeing this

Feel better now lol
Just read through this whole thread and only realised when I got to your comment that it's over 3 years old