CAR STOLEN from BHX NCP Airport Carpark

goldenvirginia

Reaction score
Hi, Just wanted to warn your forum that thieves operating here. I had my '08, M3 coupe stolen from NCP Birmingham Long Stay Car Park 1 on 04/06/2011. Only CCTV from NCP, shows grey audi with stolen VW plates and my M3 tailgating out and headed towards Coventry.

Didn't prebook, got all keys, no duplicate requests, vehicle was targeted in THIS carpark and gone less than 48 hours after parking -notified from home 2nd day of hols.

No tracker, but that wouldn't have prevent them from nicking it. Astonished by the lax of security, this isn't Asda carpark, but inside the perimeters of one of the main airports in the UK. I assumed there would be CCTV coverage everywhere, especially in the light of heightened awareness since Bin Laden's killing. Also massive police station adjacent to this carpark.

This car park has Park Mark Safety Achievement, high, fenced enclosure, CCTV and regular patrols. All these security features are ineffective when the barrier gate allowed thieves to tailgate and get a stolen vehicle out. The ANPR at NCP checks the registration and will flag up non-payment at the exit barrier, therefore as the police officer explained, the cctv concentrates on the location of the registration plates and they have no image of the occupants.

Response from NCP, sorry for the 'inconvenience' read our T&C - this is a public place, we don't refer to our carpark as 'secure' and you leave you car at your own risk.

Massive mistake!

B'stards. Secure parking my ****.

Hope the insurance pays out without problem.

Car is probably on ship to India.

How do they get around the immobiliser, or is that a stupid question?

thats rubbish that is. Am just going there tomorow to pick up the misus from hols!

Sorry to hear this, you may as well post up the details of the car, as its a widely used forum, so someone may spot it.....if you want them to??

Sorry bit lost here, but how did they get the car running for a start.