Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    As far as I know yes... His fault
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Oh my god, the bus depot story has split my sides!

I spat my dinner all over my screen when I saw that diagram PMSL.

The bus driver thing happens all the time in North London, they don't care and so many times I have been sat on the other side of the road like a spoon with the oncoming traffic waving their hands at me.

The diagram rocks!
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StateOfPlay View Post
    Oh my god, the bus depot story has split my sides!

I spat my dinner all over my screen when I saw that diagram PMSL.

The bus driver thing happens all the time in North London, they don't care and so many times I have been sat on the other side of the road like a spoon with the oncoming traffic waving their hands at me.

The diagram rocks!
    Funny you should mention North London mate because the bus garage thing happened in Wood Green.

6th Gear

Status
    Bloke I knew was a bus driver, he said he used to drive straight past a stop if it full of old people and raining, and he used to brake sharply to make the oldies fall over. He worked in Kingsbury. So it's no suprise they pull out on motorists.

Still love the diagram.

Chugger

Status
    It is funny how people are. Iv been driving cars for 6 years and riding motorcycles for 3 with countless times being cut up etc and have only gone mad once when a woman rather dangerously wouldn't let me filter, which I didn't react well too when slowing down to a stop on a busy A road. Very unlike me, usually I just get on with it and not moan. The reactions some of you guys give are kind of worrying, and if that's how you really feel, you need other ways to vent your angers and stress
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    It is funny how people are. Iv been driving cars for 6 years and riding motorcycles for 3 with countless times being cut up etc and have only gone mad once when a woman rather dangerously wouldn't let me filter, which I didn't react well too when slowing down to a stop on a busy A road. Very unlike me, usually I just get on with it and not moan. The reactions some of you guys give are kind of worrying, and if that's how you really feel, you need other ways to vent your angers and stress
    Yeah, if only there was some kind of forum where you could go to rant and rave.

day
    Stoke on Dread

Status
    move b***h get out the way
    S3 AMK 2001 completely standard...let the work begin

6th Gear

Status
    I take absolutely no notice of speed limits bar built up areas esp where kids are.Anywhere else is open season.I drive to the conditons of the road.If I can only do 20, then 20 it is.If I can do five fold and above then so be it.Speed limits are there for the majority of morons that cannot drive or anticipate hazards.These are the same people that have to be told not to put there hand in a fire or theyll get burnt.(go eugenics!).Back to the op, if someone wont move in front of you, just undertake them!!A calculated move and away you go.No stress.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    if someone wont move in front of you, just undertake them!!A calculated move and away you go.No stress.
    I took that stance a long time ago after living in South Africa where undertaking was then legal, so no stress or worries, why get chest all puffed up, go round, let them flash or toot horn, they're the ones that can be all puffy, I'll just drive on forgetting I ever saw them in the way lmfao.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I took that stance a long time ago after living in South Africa where undertaking was then legal, so no stress or worries, why get chest all puffed up, go round, let them flash or toot horn, they're the ones that can be all puffy, I'll just drive on forgetting I ever saw them in the way lmfao.
    I do exactly the same and if anyone is in my car I say its the new European way of overtaking,as said it saves stress

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Undertaking shouldn;t be illegal really - at end of the day no matter what lane you are in and what lane you want to get in you always have to look all around you before changing lanes so effectively if someone pulls accross left and you are possitioned in their blind spot and they hit you it's their fault anyway no matter what speed you are doing unless of course there are witnesses to say you were doing way to fast during undertaking.

The problem is people don't 'expect' cars to come up faster on their left hand side when theoretically it isn;t dangerous in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    I take absolutely no notice of speed limits bar built up areas esp where kids are.Anywhere else is open season.I drive to the conditons of the road.If I can only do 20, then 20 it is.If I can do five fold and above then so be it.Speed limits are there for the majority of morons that cannot drive or anticipate hazards.These are the same people that have to be told not to put there hand in a fire or theyll get burnt.(go eugenics!).Back to the op, if someone wont move in front of you, just undertake them!!A calculated move and away you go.No stress.
    I can see where you are coming from but unfortunately the spee dlimit tsi there for all drivers mainly due to the road it'self. It's not easy to judge someones speed at teh best of times and if people think it's safe to cross and you are going to fast then effectively you are at fault. People, bikes, cars pulling out can happen anywhere. Oh and you'll get points on your license if you caught.

Driving down the motorway at night doing '70mph' is effectively daft because it is a clear road but the limit will never change because you're reactions are normally slower at night then in the day due to lack of vision. I would effectively slag you off for admitting to not following speed limits but even though I have stated the points in the above paragraph, I stil understand where you are coming from.
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234