SKY TV - SCAM ?

Audi-Power

Reaction score
as anyone else had a phone call from sky.

trying to charge you £4.95 per month for this protection against damage to the box or if the wind blows the dish off the house.

NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL ROBBERY !!!!!!!!!!!

ive have been with sky years and if anything broke / failed etc.............they arrange a engineer to come to your house to fix it free of charge.
thats always been the case thats what they do.

anyway i went mad at the guy on the phone.
i think its just a scam but people out there will fall for this paying money for something you get for free

They will only come and fix it for free under the 12 mnths warranty. After that it's a flat rate iirc £65.

So you need to weigh up the costs etc

The twats should wear masks. Once they have you signed up....your ****ed!!!

OK a few tips for you, when anyone from these type of company rings you, always make sure you ask if they are calling from Sky or on behalf of them...if they are not calling from Sky, end the convo, you have no dealings with them....and they really have no reason to call you.

I always do that, had it from BT as well, or should I say on behalf of BT, quite a few actually!!!

These companies will try scare tactics to get in on the money.....with Sky, as long as you have your 12 month warranty, they will send an engineer out FOC, othewise there is a £65 call out charge, however they have been known to reduce or waiver it, if you threaten to cancel etc....

I watched Watchdog last night and on the rouge traders bit some cowboy charged £400 for a new Sky HD box.