Natwest Bank

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Not too sure if this is related to all banks or just Natwest, as it's my personal bank.

But in recent times, I've noticed a trend of using less staff, and the bank clerks directing customers to use the electronic banking equipment which are suppose to be faster. but in my case, I need to get loose change for my business, so counter service is required.

Now it's not un-normal for me to queue 15 minutes plus to get to the counter, since I usually end up going at peak hours, and once I'm at the counter, I'm going to take my time, why should I try and speed things up, since I queue'd up like everyone else!?

But today, it was a short queue, and as normal, I asked for some change, to which the woman behind the counter told me, I needed to hand in a change request form the day before, so they could get the change ready for me the next day, so I'm thinking :wtf: now, and she followed it up that it was a new rule for change that's £20 or over... double:wtf: .... Now did this woman just make this **** up as I asked for £70 worth of change and there's was a nice long queue behind me waiting to be served? I held my cool anyways and got my change, as it's was a new rule...

Anyways, they are a Bank ***, I've been using them for business banking for the last 10 years, and paying for the privilege in the process, and this is the type of crap payback I get for being a loyal customer! Do they really think I'm going to make 2 trips over 2 days and pay 2 lots of parking charges for £50-70 worth of loose change?

I'm considering changing banks and getting my 12 months free banking now.

Totally frustrated.

I had something like this happen to me that almost made me change bank.
I went up to the counter to take out £500 in cash, as the machine would only give me £300,
Had my bank card, ID, and happened to have something with my address on it so handed them all over, yet she still asked me for my withdrawal book, which was at home - why would I carry that around with me.

So she refused to give me MY money, so I asked to speak to the manager who basically said the same thing.
He point blank refused, said he couldn't do it.

I then asked him if he would close both my accounts and give me everything that was in them in cash please I was going to take my business else where. He suddenly said - let me get that form for you sir and we will get you the cash you require, how would you like to take it and would you like an envelope with that..?

What does it take to get your own money out of a bank, would it be better in a shoe box under my bed, not like ill miss the 3p interest :p

Jo, I have never found Natwest to be a good bank, I have always found Barclays to be really good for business banking.

Might be worth looking into them and see what they can offer....I always used to bank and get lots of change off them, ad hoc...even on a Saturday.

I hate banks, have done for years.
One reason why I've not had a bank account for almost 8 years.
Its so much easier not having one.

The little current experience of banks I have is that they are all going this way.
Making it harder and slower to get at your money and do any thing with it.
I think its cheaper for them to force people to do do on line banking or to use machines cause they dont need the body numbers then and no wages.

The misses banks with HSBC and its the same sort of system.

i hate Natwest and last week finally broke and have moved to Halifax. much better already, even gave me £60 and the girl dealing with me gave me her number. The highlight for me was when Natwest said i could only £250 or whatever from my account so i said ' please can i close my account' i got my money in my hand, took what i wanted, then said 'i would like to open an acoount please' they were not impressed. :)

i hate Natwest and last week finally broke and have moved to Halifax. much better already, even gave me £60 and the girl dealing with me gave me her number. The highlight for me was when Natwest said i could only £250 or whatever from my account so i said ' please can i close my account' i got my money in my hand, took what i wanted, then said 'i would like to open an acoount please' they were not impressed. :)

That's quality mate! I bet their faces just dropped.

And Jo, that sucks big time that they're trying to make you do two trips. I've heard from quite a few that barclays is a good bank, so as mentioned already perhaps worth an enquire if nothing else.

Crikey that is troublesome and unhelpful.. Lucky for me I don't have money so I don't have to deal with them :happy:

I decided a while back not to hold loyalty to ANY financial institution. I go where the best service is. So far I've found natwest to be pretty decent, alliance and Leicester on the other hand are a complete shower...

Must admit ive been with natwest for over 30yrs now, and find them ok.Did have lloyds cheque account once, and went 30 squid o/d for a day.Demanded i close my account!So i picked a busy time and paid it in pennies.Just tipped me carrier bag out for the tossers to count.And yes, alliance and leicester are tossers too!

I've recently moved from Halifax to Santander (for the £100 switching bonus thingy, and to see if they were any good), mainly because Halifax had really ****** me off ! Santander were no better and I didn't like the staffs attitude or the long queues. I've now moved to Smile.co.uk who are an online bank owned by Co-op. You can go into any Co-op branch, pay in at Post Office or sent cheques to them etc. and I've never had to queue in a Co-op branch. Really good, and you can send them messages via their website and they get back to you really quickly, which is a lot easier than messing around on the phone for simple issues.

Nat west all good here too. 20ish years and never complained, well apart from miss-selling me PPI on a credit card. Getting that back though fingers crossed. The online and telephone banking is one of the best imo.

Sick of the adverts though with the staff that are so happy to serve you they must be on crack!

I have to admit the online banking side of Natwest is excellent! They have linked my personal and business banking accounts into one login, which is pretty damn handy!

Counter service is still crap though, but if I'm lucky enough to get the 'fit' one to serve me, then it's all worth it! :laugh:

Loving it!!
I think all blokes do that I'm the same at Tesco even if the checkout is rammed i'm like yes this one is fine............mmmmm mighty fine
I'm sure the wife knows but just lets me get away with it

Absolutely awful yesterday! Stood in the queue with 3 UGLY cashiers, it was a horrible wait. Guess the bird 2 places in front of me in the queue was worth it, but what they hell are they trying to do to me?

And when you do get served you get asked when you last reviewed your accounts and they then try and sell you some rubbish insurance policy that charges you £6.99 a month for a quarterly credit report which you can buy online for £2 a time.

As for Natwest, they got all our money, £40 billion, and they paid Fred The Shred a load of money to buy a superinjunction so we don't find out he shagged his colleague while we were writing out a cheque for £40 billion.

Banks should do what customers want! I was asked in some survey, I said topless cashiers would be nice, have they bothered? Have they eck!