Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: Postman Prat!

S3 Drift King!

Status

Angry Postman Prat!

In the last 2 weeks, our road has got a new postman. Stupid twat broke my letter box flap by trying to stuff an A4 sized parcel through the hole after folding the ends in, old postman just either left it on the doorstep or knocked on my door.

Anyways, I bodged the flap back on, and he did the same 2 days later, so my missus confronted him, to which he replied my letterbox flap was getting on a bit, so it broke due to ageing... ... so she said just leave it on the doorstep next time and slammed the door in front of his face!

She followed this up with a call of complaint to RoyalMail, and they offered a 30 cheque as compensation for a replacement flap, no questions asked.... cheque arrived yesterday... so time to buy a new flap.

/rant.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Stupid twat broke my letter box flap by trying to stuff an A4 sized parcel through the hole
    You ordered a car-sized parcel for delivery by post.... what did you expect to happen?

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    flappin hell Jo.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I never realised 30 would buy a new replacement flap. I thought at that money you'd only get a second hand flap.

Good show by royal mail though! I'd have expected nothing from them. And I'm surprised a cheque made it in the post to be honest.

Smell my finger.

Status
    There's all manner of flap related jokes that I could go into.... but wont

My posties ace, dead cheery and always does his best to make sure I dont have to go to the sorting office to collect if I'm not in
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    There's all manner of flap related jokes that I could go into.... but wont

My posties ace, dead cheery and always does his best to make sure I dont have to go to the sorting office to collect if I'm not in
    To be fair, mine is the same. He has a very similar signature to me, which is handy!!!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Yes, the original guy was good. A knock on the door if parcel won't fit through the post, then either leave it on doorstep, or give it to neighbours if weather is crap. The new guy though, is not a local chap, sounded like a polish guy or similiar, no manners and no respect for peoples property.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Jo stop your flapping , count yourself lucky you're even getting post, someone at work the other day was saying that they only get theirs once a week now, and even then if they dont, one of the people off the street goes and gets it for the whole street (which shouldn't be allowed - data protection, securit reasons etc) but thats the story.....

2nd Gear

Status
    I must have a big flap then because mine is about an inch wider then A4 size.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    we have a great lady postie! She even appologises if she has to ring the bell on a saturday if the parcels to big to go through the letter box!

Make sure you get a big replacement flap Joe! lol

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Sometimes it helps being a copper :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    She followed this up with a call of complaint to RoyalMail, and they offered a 30 cheque as compensation for a replacement flap, no questions asked.... cheque arrived yesterday... so time to buy a new flap.
    Thats good going by royal mail. nice and easy. shame the postman seems a twat.
    I hope they are that easy with my claim. 2nd letter away and waiting for a responce.

Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Jo stop your flapping , count yourself lucky you're even getting post, someone at work the other day was saying that they only get theirs once a week now, and even then if they dont, one of the people off the street goes and gets it for the whole street (which shouldn't be allowed - data protection, securit reasons etc) but thats the story.....
    That sounds like our post. we can spend weeks with no letters and then all of sudden.......one.
    I get the sence of pending doom when we get letters now, so use to not having them.

Our postman is just about ok. he delivers what letters we get by ramming them in and bending them or leaving them half out so they get wet and then fall apart when you try and get them out of the letter box.
    A4 B5 Double Din, RNS-d, TMC, Full Sports Leather Heated with Leather Door Cards and Lower Door trims all for sale.

Audrey's Build Thread
    RIP Audrey. She's being broken down.
    New Car, New Thread.
    Scott's Akoya Silver A8

6th Gear

Status
    My next door neighbour is a posty and he always collects all my items from the post office for me, if im not in he accepts them on my behalf.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Well, the cheques in the bank, and I managed to bodge fix my letter box by fitting the inside one on the outside and vice versa. lol Looks all new again!!