Postman Prat!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
In the last 2 weeks, our road has got a new postman. Stupid **** broke my letter box flap by trying to stuff an A4 sized parcel through the hole after folding the ends in, old postman just either left it on the doorstep or knocked on my door.

Anyways, I bodged the flap back on, and he did the same 2 days later, so my missus confronted him, to which he replied my letterbox flap was getting on a bit, so it broke due to ageing... :wtf: ... so she said just leave it on the doorstep next time and slammed the door in front of his face!

She followed this up with a call of complaint to RoyalMail, and they offered a £30 cheque as compensation for a replacement flap, no questions asked.... cheque arrived yesterday... so time to buy a new flap.

/rant.

I never realised £30 would buy a new replacement flap. I thought at that money you'd only get a second hand flap.

Good show by royal mail though! I'd have expected nothing from them. And I'm surprised a cheque made it in the post to be honest.

There's all manner of flap related jokes that I could go into.... but wont :)

My posties ace, dead cheery and always does his best to make sure I dont have to go to the sorting office to collect if I'm not in :)

There's all manner of flap related jokes that I could go into.... but wont :)

My posties ace, dead cheery and always does his best to make sure I dont have to go to the sorting office to collect if I'm not in :)

To be fair, mine is the same. He has a very similar signature to me, which is handy!!!!

Yes, the original guy was good. A knock on the door if parcel won't fit through the post, then either leave it on doorstep, or give it to neighbours if weather is crap. The new guy though, is not a local chap, sounded like a polish guy or similiar, no manners and no respect for peoples property.

Jo stop your flapping :moa:, count yourself lucky you're even getting post, someone at work the other day was saying that they only get theirs once a week now, and even then if they dont, one of the people off the street goes and gets it for the whole street (which shouldn't be allowed - data protection, securit reasons etc) but thats the story.....

I must have a big flap then because mine is about an inch wider then A4 size.

we have a great lady postie! She even appologises if she has to ring the bell on a saturday if the parcels to big to go through the letter box!

Make sure you get a big replacement flap Joe! lol

Sometimes it helps being a copper :p

She followed this up with a call of complaint to RoyalMail, and they offered a £30 cheque as compensation for a replacement flap, no questions asked.... cheque arrived yesterday... so time to buy a new flap.

Thats good going by royal mail. nice and easy. shame the postman seems a ****.
I hope they are that easy with my claim. 2nd letter away and waiting for a responce.

Jo stop your flapping :moa:, count yourself lucky you're even getting post, someone at work the other day was saying that they only get theirs once a week now, and even then if they dont, one of the people off the street goes and gets it for the whole street (which shouldn't be allowed - data protection, securit reasons etc) but thats the story.....

That sounds like our post. we can spend weeks with no letters and then all of sudden.......one.
I get the sence of pending doom when we get letters now, so use to not having them.

Our postman is just about ok. he delivers what letters we get by ramming them in and bending them or leaving them half out so they get wet and then fall apart when you try and get them out of the letter box.

My next door neighbour is a posty and he always collects all my items from the post office for me, if im not in he accepts them on my behalf.

Well, the cheques in the bank, and I managed to bodge fix my letter box by fitting the inside one on the outside and vice versa. lol Looks all new again!! :laugh: