West London Audi Parts Appalling Service

Farhan

Reaction score
Ah absolutely screwing about this. I needed a replacement lower door strip and a few bolts for my car. Iv only had it literally 2 weeks, I went to the parts department a few days back. Ordered the lower strip and some bolts.

My mother went on my behalf WITH the car WITH the damaged lower door strip off the car! She hands the strip to the parts guy and says this is the one i want.

Well he orders it and says it will be here tomorrow. So tomorrow comes and my mum heads down to the parts department after they call saying the parts in, She waits half an hour at the stupid place where you ring on the little telephone to call the parts guy down to the desk. He arrives she gives the receipt he gets the part and WHAT DO YOU KNOW.........ITS WRONG.

he orders a ruddy door mould! Even after being shown the physical part.
Great so he says come back tomorow the right one will be here.

So guess what we go back again thinking ah minor he got it wrong not a big deal :happy:

Next day we wait nearly an hour at that place as they try to locate the parts.....OH WAIT..........he turns up nearly 40 minutes of waiting....with guess what the door mould FOR THE PASSENGER SIDE
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

SO GUESS WHAT

ITS TO LATE TO GET THE RIGHT SIDE IN FOR TOMOROW SO COME THE DAY AFTER...not only that all the other parts like little clips i ordered ARE ALL WRONG. so theyll rectify it tis time :huh:

so yea we leave it now and TODAY i leave work early to go and pick my parts up..........

THEY RING TO SAY THEY ARE HEAR IN THE MORNING SO IV LEFT WORK EARLY

I GET HOME TO PICK MY RECEIPT UP AND MY MUM SAYS...I CALLED BEFORE YOU WERE GOING TO LEAVE.

THEY HAVE GIVEN THE PART TO SOME ONE ELSE god knows why but they gave it internally for a vehicle in for repair. :angrymod::angrymod:

so they say we have yours coming in tomorow.

so for now to vent my anger i have come on here to rant....i have called the lovely fit reception lady and complained saying i want to speak to the manager...but guess what no manager so hell call you back.

Im going to go there tomorrow....anyone know where i stand with this or shall i just ball in all guns blazing Schwarzenegger style .

just to add! I PAID FOR my parts before the order was placed.

Dude its like im a polite person i was smiley faced the whole time that guy messed up the order....I just fail to understand even with the physical part he got the order wrong, pointing on screen the orders wrong.

And now to top it? give it to some one else, Im really dissapointed already with buying an audi i had bad luck within the first two days, My service light is on and audi refuse to turn it off even though the dealer i bought the car from ensures a service was carried out on the vehicle.

This is westlondon audi aswell....like the massive one i mean....surely being such a large dealership they would be at the forefront of providing good service!

Yeah, youd think that.

My local Audi dealer is terrible as well, i got my first A3 when I was 19 and they never took me seriously, at times Id be waiting 40mins to talk to a salesman!

Now I deal with Wearside Audi who are spot on, cant fault them at all.

The way it is sometimes :(

Hope you get it sorted soon though mate!

Yer, same happened when me and my friend went to VW to buy his R32 they didnt trust us on the test drive LOL...

until my mate made it clear he was going to buy the car they sat us down for tea coffee the lot o take the car enjoy it on the test drive.

on a serious note im going to use stoke audi for mail order only now, Just got my ekta catalogue installing it as we speak so will make life alot easier.

No offence but it probably doesn't help that you were 'smiley faced' during the second visit after the bloke's **** up. I understand the need to be diplomatic and some people are non confrontational, but you should have stressed the fact that you and your mother had been put out by this mistake both time and monetarily hence you bringing in part to confirm part number to begin with- without the smiley face.

Most people treat you how they believe they can based on what impression of you they have got ;)

Yeah I got ETKA the other week, great tool. Let me know if you can get it working on Windows 7 (if youre running windows 7!) and if you can search by VIN No as I cant do either!

Yep wholeheartly recommend Stoke never had a prob with them always get the right part

No offence but it probably doesn't help that you were 'smiley faced' during the second visit after the bloke's **** up. I understand the need to be diplomatic and some people are non confrontational, but you should have stressed the fact that you and your mother had been put out by this mistake both time and monetarily hence you bringing in part to confirm part number to begin with- without the smiley face.

Most people treat you how they believe they can based on what impression of you they have got ;)

i agree with you there, I just wanted to keep on good terms with it all as i thought you know what they are local and ill be using this audi throughout my ownership with this car.

Big mistake wont be using them at all i think, aparts from the service as the dealer i bought my car from is negotiating with audi to clear the service due light which was not reset. Or the dealer will pay for audi to carry out the service as audi will not reset the light without servicing the whole car again.

Jb0o on the ekta its still damn installing LOL....this laptop is going to catch fire. Im using it on XP as i have a macbook for my self.

Ill let you know how i get on, if mine all works when you head down for the cruise control ill bring the cd with me. Bring your laptop or something and well install it on there when your down and see if my copy works on yours.

Good stuff.

I've got ETKA running fine on my XP Virtual Machine through Windows 7. I just can't search by VIN number, but I'm not suprised as surely to do this I would have to connect to the Audi database and pull up info on the car?

ah ye damn missed your point, nope you cant search by vin because your not hooked up to the data base. i had the toyota epc system for my last car exact same thing couldnt search by vin so had to go through the categories

Yeah thought that.. ah well its all good.

Let me know if yours updates and I'll install your version as mine doesn't update :( Got up to 2010 at the minute though so not too much of an issue.

It all comes down to the bloke behind the desk I think. Birmingham Audi(based in Solihull) are very helpful. I never have to wait long, and even buying a couple of metal gaskets and 4 hex bolts, all came to under a tenner, the bloke was very helpful. I purchased 4 screw ones, total was 96p, and still good service!

This is true but the sad thing is both the guys in the parts department are to blame equally, I also dont under stand there system of using a telephone to call them down. Then when they go away they just vanish for a good 20 minutes.

They really need to address this issue, If they leave you waiting atleast have seating for the customer, No word of a lie the waiting times are horrible and you have to stand in this tiny little room with a desk.

Im going to write a letter whilst im bored at work tomorrow LOL

Mate, just go in and demand to speak to the manager, you will have to give it some to put your point across, 3-4 journeys, time and petrol is not cheap nowadays, also considering you have already paid for it, its a bit of a joke aint it??

If the manager aint having any of it, just write a letter, go straight to the top Jeremy Hicks is the name you want.

Im sure you will get it sorted, as for the service part, if they have done the service on the car, they should clear the light as thats part of it, if they dont clear it, then technically they havent fully completed the service, take this up with them, it doesnt cost them anything to do it, so dont see what their problem is, also if they do get arsey, just explain that the internet is a place where reputations are made and broken and it doesnt take long for word of bad service to spread.

Im the same as Jojo, I use the Solihull one and the guy there (Steve) is spot on, really goes out of his way to get the right parts and is pretty quick too.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Will do mate thanks for the advise my parts better be ready tomorrow its held my body shop guy up 3 days so it means i wont get that door strip on till next week now GRRR

Funny you posted this, I too have suffered poor waiting times from the west london audi dealer when ordering service parts. They have a separate door now for the parts department but the short bold guy just seems too relaxed! He was helpful once showing me diagrams on how to retrofit my armrest but kept me waiting ages when I came to collect the parts.

I use TPS now in slough, much better service from them but sometimes a bit funny about you buying parts from them retail, the asian guy on the weekend will sort you out some discount though :)

yea ah well theres my witness lol, the shorter guy is very helpful but i just think there customer approach is poor. The parts department is just hidden away in a corner and theres no one there. They just vanish for a while, if they dont rectify this im taking my business elsewhere.

TPS in slough it is then!