Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    6th Gear

Status

M25 foreigner nearly killed me this afternoon!!!

Was coming back round the M25 with a mate from Thurrock. Doing about 80mph or so in the outside lane, going with the flow of the traffic. As we drew alongside a car with Dutch number plates on it the guy just moved across into my lane then as he was halfway over starts to indicate. I had to hit the anchors and pull right to not collect him, Christ only knows how close we were to them and the armco, and to make matters worse I was nearly shunted up the arse by an Astra that was behind us.

The other car just cleared off. To steal a phrase from Top Gear my "arse was going like a rabbits nose".

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I nearly got crushed by a lorry on the A14 a couple of years ago. It moved to the outside lane when i was half way down it's trailer. I was so close to the barrier i could reach out and touch it.
    Why people move lanes without looking i'll never know.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_A3T View Post
    Why people move lanes without looking i'll never know.
    Two words;

Blind spot.

Problem is a lot of people just look in the mirrors, and never do the over the shoulder check.

Trucks how ever you can't do the over the shoulder check. I've got C+E and if I drive for my mates company on the odd weekend, I take an extra stick on mirror to cover my blindside. Just wish others did it was well.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

6th Gear

Status
    Well, the Dutch do drive on the wrong side of the road and there favourite TV program is Top Gear
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

Chugger

Status
    I did this to somebody in my van a while back, they were in my blind spot and i completely didn't see them until they honked. Luckily I don't swerve violently into lane like some. Quite strange for me as I ride motorbikes and checking your blindspots aka lifesavers is second nature. Everyone makes mistakes though
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's very annoying when people change lanes on motorways into people blind spots. Fine if you are always aware of what's around you but to assume somebody is aware of their surroundings is a dangerous game.

Come on you Spurs

Status
    my dad (RIP) was a copper and he got pulled into by an HGV on the A12 which hooked up to the cop car and dragged him half a mile up the road
    the tyres on the truck burnt a massive hole through the car front wing, when they finally stopped the lorry driver (english) said he didn't even see him