EM TuningSky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

Hit A Massive Pot hole !

On sunday evening while driving i heard/ felt a big BANG as i hit a big pot hole, While looking for a safe place to stop i hit another even bigger hole!
    I havent checked in depth for damage yet but i know the steering wheel doesnt sit straight and the under tray is hanging down, There is also a rumble from the drivers wheel.
    Does anybody know how if its even possible i should go about complaining or trying to claim for the repairs?
    Ive heard the council like to make it hard...
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    I've never done it but read about people who claimed.
    The cuncil seems to make it very hard for people to claim and they drag it out, hoping you will give up.

Most of the advice is to take an image of the pot holes with a tape messure to show the depth and size of the holes and any damage done to the car.

I'm trying to find you a web site. 1min.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Here you go.
    Potholes.co.uk - How to claim

Its all ways worth trying to claim.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

3hZ
    Audi's make the world go round

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    Here you go.
    Potholes.co.uk - How to claim

Its all ways worth trying to claim.
    I had a similar problem but with a F/O/S coil spring, they told me to slow down! IT WAS A FU@*ING DUAL CARRAGE WAY!

In the mean time, why not get some photo's up of the damage so we can all sympathise/empathise.
    Last edited by 3hZ; 4th January 2011 at 10:56.
    4 Springs and a duck please.

6th Gear

Status
    what you have to do is prove that the council haven't maintained the road according to their policy. if you get a photo of the hole, with a tape measure, and then cross reference it with a copy of their policy. they won't bother fighting you and they should send an inspector around within a couple of weeks. Leeds City Council were fairly good about it all
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Since the big snowfall and freeze, we have suddenly acquired a lot of potholes around our way. It'll be interesting to see how quickly our council gets round to patching them up.

In the meantime, I'm being ultra-cautious
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

y4n
    Reverse Gear

Status
    i feel your pain Paul. I managed to hit a pot hole too last week. I was far too busy eyeing up an s3 on the other side of the road lol Luckily i run some kit-kat chunky tyres on mine so no damage done a part from the dashboard beeping at me saying i have a brake light out lol
    A3 AGU 1.8 Turbo Sport |Smoothed WakBox | Boost Gauge

Vist my flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/yancheshek

5th Gear

Status
    My mate ended up driving through what was basically a BOMB CRATER of a pothole in his Boxster S which totally bent the crap out of.
    He sent a claim as above and got money for a wheel eventually, but it can be a lot of hassle.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Neutral

Status
    Ref your rumble, i hit a pothole a couple of months ago and i've just had to have that wheel bearing replaced.It started as a rumble (Audi said it was the tyres) and ended up as a very loud knocking noise.
    2008 S3 Phantom Black

6th Gear

Status
    Im thinking wheel bearing to be honest,
    Im going to take the car to a good lad i know who works for quickfit ( before you lot start, he used to work for a big VAG tuner and has always done me proud ) so he can check over any problems,
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?