Some tw@ just took my mirror off!!

smudge_don

Reaction score
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!??

Driving back to work from lunch and theres a car parked on the other side of the road with a car coming towards it.

My side of the road is clear so i carry on as you would, and he pulls out into the middle of the road to overtake the parked car and smashed my mirror off!!!! :blink:

Didn't even fcuking stop so i swung the car round n chased the prick! Caught up to him at a set of traffic lights n "showed him my displeasure"

What the **** is happening to the standard of driving these days!? :faint:

Rant over

Rant over

And what did he say when you caught up to him? Is he gonna do anything about it? I hate it when people do stuff like this, car parks are evil places too :( My mates car was recently dinged quite badly and no sign of anyone admitting it.

****!!
Much damage?
Did you get his details or cash for a new mirror?

some people just dont wait any more and always seem to be in a rush.
Or they dont know its your right of way.

HIT AND RUN!

He drove from the scene of an accident without stopping, you should report the **** to the police mate.

And what did he say when you caught up to him? Is he gonna do anything about it? I hate it when people do stuff like this, car parks are evil places too :( My mates car was recently dinged quite badly and no sign of anyone admitting it.

Some verbals were exchanged, mainly from me to him

I also managed to grab his reg, name, home address and phone number...i think he felt a bit threatened after pulling in front of him at the traffic lights :laugh:

So bit ****** off, but got a result n gonna get cash off him and report him to the police

****!!
Much damage?

As above, all relevant details (most from his driving licenses so i know they're real)

HIT AND RUN!

He drove from the scene of an accident without stopping, you should report the **** to the police mate.

Will be doing this!

VICTORY (kindof). Well done though mate!!!!! Too many people get away with it, so glad you got all his details.

i had a similar thing to this! i had literally JUST got my prelude vtec that day, was driving it to take a mate out for a blast in it when some absolute *** pulled out infront of me, literally just missing the front of my car but smashed into my wing mirror, unluckily i had my window open and got absolutely covered in glass! he floored it so i popped the handbrake on and took chase, caught up with him straight away and i think he sort of knew he was outgunned so just stopped, i got out the car and also expressed my....disapproval of his behavior which soon resulted in a large cash settlement once id threatened to call the police :icon_thumright:

i had a similar thing to this! i had literally JUST got my prelude vtec that day, was driving it to take a mate out for a blast in it when some absolute *** pulled out infront of me, literally just missing the front of my car but smashed into my wing mirror, unluckily i had my window open and got absolutely covered in glass! he floored it so i popped the handbrake on and took chase, caught up with him straight away and i think he sort of knew he was outgunned so just stopped, i got out the car and also expressed my....disapproval of his behavior which soon resulted in a large cash settlement once id threatened to call the police :icon_thumright:

Good man!

What the **** is happening to the standard of driving these days!? :faint:

i know. on my way back home from work at 8am this morning some **** was in the nearside lane BEHIND me and his lane had arrows to merge into mine. i didn't change speed at all but he gunned it to try and get in front of me and couldn't. it's my right of way so i continued at my pace. (i'm not slowing down for some other **** with poor forward planning) and he starts horning and flashing me. IT'S MY RIGHT OF WAY ***** - IF YOU CAN'T JUDGE PROPERLY THAT'S NOT MY F**KING PROBLEM.

when i come to power poor driving will be a prisonable offence.

and middle lane driving will be punishable by immediate roadside execution.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years back i had a little Fiesta ST and a similiar thing happened to me. Except i had the last laugh.

Was driving down the road and parked cars on the other side, so i carried on as normal, car waiting on the other side for me to pass, then as i got near the silly cow, she pulled out (exactly the same as you smudge) and boom ripped her mirror off clean at 40mph.

Not a sodding scratch to mine as i had the safety folding mirrors, they just bent back, i watched in the mirror as she got out her car and picked her mirror up in the middle of the road:laugh:

I just thought serves her right, i put my foot down so she could'nt catch my number plate.

haven't got my a3 yet but today whilst waiting for my sister to finish college i was parked at the side of the road as close as i could get to the kerb, there was cars on the other side of the road parked as well, the road isn't quite big enough to fit 2 cars through as well so cars coming towards me were coming through and this impatient vauxhall vectra driver just went through smacked my drivers side mirror and drives off my mirror bounces back into position with a really small scratch, hopefully his was damaged. if i wasnt waiting for my sister to finish college i'd have been after him

****!!
Much damage?

A small point. Whilst I share everyone's frustration at this type of behaviour - it has happened to me too in the past - it's not strictly speaking a right of way. A right of way is when priority is clearly indicated by road markings and signage, such as at roundabout when traffic on a roundabout has right of way over traffic approaching it, or at junctions where you are required either to give way or stop altogether, according to what the signs and marking say.

The notion that vehicles on the side of the road where a car is parked should give way to traffic approaching from the other direction is not a right of way in the same sense, but it is a convention included in s163 of the Highway Code, the distinction being that it is something you should do (by way of being a considerate driver) rather than something you must do.

i park my car on the road where people squeeze through all the time and my mirrors used to get clipped. i park up on the kerb now and it has stopped. not one person ever stopped!

i used to have a beast of a land rover that was massively wider than a car. That thing wrote off 6 cars outside my house from people trying to squeeze through :) the cost to me? one time i had to replace the indicator lense. I even made the lady pay the £2.50 for it despite her car being wedged under my chassis rails :) good times

i park my car on the road where people squeeze through all the time and my mirrors used to get clipped. i park up on the kerb now and it has stopped. not one person ever stopped!

i used to have a beast of a land rover that was massively wider than a car. That thing wrote off 6 cars outside my house from people trying to squeeze through :) the cost to me? one time i had to replace the indicator lense. I even made the lady pay the £2.50 for it despite her car being wedged under my chassis rails :) good times

Parking on the pavement has its own dangers, though. Aside from the fact that it's liable to attract a ticket (unless there are marked bays), you then have the problem of pedestrians trying to negotiate their way past. One guy near me thought he was being clever by parking on the pavement, nearly blocking it entirely in the process. He left so little room that when someone tried to pass his car with a push chair, it left huge scratch marks all along the side of the car.